Discovery Princess...When will it sail

stevenr597

A lot of talk about Enchanted Princess, but very little about Discovery Princess which is still scheduled to make a Trans-Atlantic during November, 2021.  

Will it sail on schedule which is looking increasingly doubtful.

If not, what is the best guessestimate in respect to when the ship will be ready. 

Will travelers  who have booked be given first preference on the new sailing of the ship.  

It would be helpful if Princess could give us some updates and their Contingency  plans.  

43 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

We are booked for the January 6, 2022, 50 day Ft. Lauderdale to Los Angeles, South America cruise. We sure hope the ship is ready by then or if not, they substitute the Enchanted.  We would hate to have yet another cancelled cruise!

We are also booked on the 1/6/22 50 day cruise. It is probably a good idea to have a back-up plan. 

46 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

We are booked for the January 6, 2022, 50 day Ft. Lauderdale to Los Angeles, South America cruise. We sure hope the ship is ready by then or if not, they substitute the Enchanted.  We would hate to have yet another cancelled cruise!

I doubt the Enchanted will be substituted. The Enchanted is scheduled to sail alternating 10 day cruises for the winter season of 2021/2022. These are very popular itineraries, with many booking b2b2b's. It would be a lot more difficult to cancel these profitable cruises for an entire season than it would be to cancel a 50 day trip around South America. Investigate a plan "B".

Edited by skynight

5 hours ago, caribill said:

At a webinar the other day Princess said that Discovery would be in Fort Lauderdale by 12/21/21.

They did not say what (or when) it would be doing before that date.

I wonder if the ship is delayed if Princess will give us the options of keeping our cabin and sailing on the later date. 

We are booked on the November 2021 Transatlantic but at this point we doubt Discovery will be ready in time.  My hope is that they will put the Enchanted in for Discovery.  It was the only ship that didn't have a Westbound transatlantic before all the shifting started.  It was in Europe in October and early November and then in the Caribbean in December, so there is a gap.  

We booked a back up on the Crown Princess out of Southampton in October 2021 and that got replaced by the Regal Princess.

• 5 months later...
6 hours ago, milolii said:

There is another thread.  I only noticed the West  Coast arrival of around March, 2022. But things could be different.  I am sure someone here will respond.  

Thanks, I suspect it will be March 2022 or later, if there are delays 

• 2 weeks later...

In recent Princess webinars the status of the Discovery was discussed & they’re still hoping the ship will arrive for the inaugural cruise from LA on 3/1/22.

They have not disclosed any plans about the route the ship would sail to get to LA. Guesses have been via the Pacific, around South America or via the Panama Canal which some have posted wouldn’t be possible due to insufficient clearance to sail under the Bridge of the Americas.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1