9-24-20 Thursday Weigh-In...Last Weigh-In of The Month.

Belle

Another month gone by so fast

Did you have weight loss and did it last

Fall is here does that mean to you.. comfort food

We can cook comfort food with less calories and still be good

Think we don't have to buy Halloween candy this year

Think the parents of their children will keep them near

Thanksgiving is next you know

To all the food can you say no

Then winter will come with parties, dinners and Christmas Day

Will you be able to get through it all eating in a healthy way

Then 2021 will be the start of a New Year for us all

Will you start it thinner or at least be able to say.. stayed the same and did not gain...Your Call

We can do it.. time to plan how to get through the Holidays

Mel....Happy Birthday!🎂🍨🍹:classic_smile:

Everyone..Sorry I haven't been upbeat all the time but sometimes this crazy world is getting to me.

Sometimes I need to vent.  Just don't understand (lots of) people at times....not here... but in our Crazy World.

• Like 2

Good Morning Everyone!  Thanks so much for the poem Belle .... and I total hear you about not being upbeat all the time ... our world is totally crazy - gets to me a lot lately!

I am down 1.4# ... it is all yo-yoing I am now actually 0.2# less then I was the end of August which is the same as the end of July - but, I am still up from June.  Overall this year I am up 10.4#.  ... I guess it could be worse.  Motivation is still difficult - I haven't worn a pair of jeans since before the lock-down .... don't know if they will fit anymore!

Hope everyone is having a good week.  Belle keep writing and talking!  Jan

PS - Mel - Hope your birthday is wonderful - Enjoy

Edited by Jan_In_Maine

Hello,

Belle, great poem. Don't worry being upbeat in these times is difficult in general.

I stayed the same. I was looking at my weight and I've been the same since April (my lowest point). I'm happy I haven't gained through this thing.

Jan, good loss for the week. Hopefully you can get off the rest of this year's gain. 

Stay healthy, Diana

Hi all!

Belle ~ thanks for starting the thread. I think it's normal to feel down in this situation, so many of our hopes dashed, not being able to be out with people etc.

I should have just got back from a MSC TA cruise or NYC & looking forward to a Canada cruise in about 2 weeks but we know what that's about!!

Jan ~ WTG being down! I hear you about motivation!!

I'm up 0.2 since last week but down 1.8 since the beginning of the month so not too bad. I was dreading stepping on the scale today as I've gone over my calorie count on MFP a couple of times this week. I have to do better as I want to be thinner for my Feb cruises if they go!

Mel ~ wishing you many happy healthy returns of the day. Happy birthday!🎂

Have a nice weekend & stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

I'm the same!! 😂 Normally that wouldn't be a happy dance but I bought a bakers dz bagels and have been having 1/2 with pizza sauce + slice cheese. So yeah, staying the same is a win

@retiring soon I've been meaning to ask when your FIRE date is (Financially Independent Retired). 

@winewanderer stay cool this weekend. It's coming again

@Jan_In_Maine kudos on 10.4lbs down 

🎉Mel, Happy Birthday 🎂

Belle - sorry you feel down and want to rant. We're here for you though, and you can't keep that negativity in! Let it out!

Jan - good job being down this week. I think motivation has been a struggle for a lot of us. 

Diana - That's great!

Jo - .2 isn't bad. You've go the right idea looking at the longer term.

Ombud - same is good.

Thank you all for the birthday wishes! I'm up .7 this week, but my body fat is down and my 7 day average is down. I decided to reflect a little, and one year ago today I was only 3 pounds lighter than today's weight. My lowest in years was just before our last cruise in February, and I'm up 7.1 pounds from that point, BUT I am still down 22.3 pounds from my heaviest which was around my birthday 2 years ago. I decided to write down my plan today. I've always just said verbally what I was going to do. I'm hoping having something on paper will keep me more accountable to myself.

We have had cloudy, drizzly rain the past few days, but the hurricane storm isn't anywhere near me. I think the sun is supposed to try to break through this afternoon.

Have a good week!

Edited by melmar02

Mel, Happy Birthday! Good you are down a good bit from your heaviest, congrats.

Jo, good loss.

Umbud, great staying the same. Yes, you stay cool too, everywhere in the Bay Area will be HOT.

Trish, great loss!

Have a nice evening, Diana

Edited by winewanderer

Hello all.  Thought I posted yesterday..don't see it.

Jan...Nice loss.Look at it this way..you haven't gained since July. Hear you about clothes, just been

wearing comfortable clothes. Yes I saw just now they posted the thread I wrote..the time they say

isn't when it was posted. Think it must be because of the one word.

Diana...Your doing good being at your lowest weight since April and not gaining with everything going on.

Must be all the garden work . Plus when you go out you don't eat much.

Jo...You've done good for the month even with your small gain. Sorry about your cruise. Hope your Feb.

and my March go on. The 30th the CDC comes out with whatever........

Mel...Hope you had a great Birthday.. That you enjoyed whatever you did. Even with a small gain you've

done good. You have kept weigh you lost off for two years.

Trish..Welcome. A wedding in Alaska. That will be beautiful. Where in Juneau? Congrats on the weight loss

in just a couple of weeks. Keep up the good work. Hope to see you in here often.

Ombud...I always say..staying the same is better then gaining. Bagels are good don't know why they have to be all carbs.

Not gaining from them is good. See you have a cruise on Enchanted too.  They changed  and took ports away

from my Europe cruises.  Don't know what I will do. Keep some or cancel.

I stayed the same this week which is good since I had the bad eating night. Thank you all for letting me vent.

Sometimes this world is to much. Remember you all can vent to. Think more venting will be needed by all in

the weeks to come.  Going to be more trouble coming down the road.

Had a good day, my son and girlfriend and daughter came for lunch today. Ate on on the patio before it gets hot again.

Still weird to wear masks before and after eating. No hugging and kissing. But daughter and the girlfriend work with 

the public. So have to be careful. Never know.  Son asked me to go on a four day trip with him. Pretty safe. 

Debating. You know I've been in the house so long. Have to put my toe in the water.:classic_laugh: Sooner or later.

Hi Everyone,

Belle, yes, I do a lot of yard work, it gives me exercise and I love being outside.It has definitly helped to keep the weight off. 

Sorry your cruise(s) was changed. This is why hubby and I haven't booked anything except for a New England cruise Sept. '21 (which I only have about 50% confidence it will sail). A few cruises we were thinking of, a couple were cancelled, a ship was sold, etc. Too much uncertainty. 

Nice you saw your son/daughter for lunch.

Trip with your son. Hmmm. I think you can do this safely. I would make sure to bring some items for disinfecting surfaces. Clorox wipes or clorox spray, hand sanitizer, wear mask, keep distance, avoid crowds, wash your hands, wash your hands, wash your hands.......

Today we have a thick layer of brown gunk in the air. No doubt because of the heat wave building in so no spending a lot of time outside for the next several days, blah. Will go out for a little bit today in the backyard; water the raised beds a little extra, might have enough swiss chard to pick and saute for dinner and I think I have some ripe tomatoes to pick. 

Have a nice day, Diana

Belle, Nice you stayed the same even with your cheat night. Glad you got to see your kids, and a trip with your son sounds fun. 

Diana, good you could get out and work some. It's nice your garden is doing ok in all the smoke and haze. I hope your heat wave isn't too bad.

I spent my birthday working on an order since it was a Friday wedding this week. Then I drove 4 hours to get to the venue and back home. It was just a couple miles outside of my typical delivery area (I don't like to keep a cake out of the fridge for more than an hour before I'm at the venue), but I didn't think about Friday traffic coming back home! I forgot how much I hate to drive since quarantine started! GPS took me a bizarre route to avoid a wreck - even had me driving through neighborhoods to cut across towns. We have Cheesecake Factory and PF Chang's right next to each other about 15-20 minutes away from where we live so I picked that up on my way home, and that was my birthday dinner and dessert. Since cheesecake isn't birthday cake, the calories don't count, right?! 😆

DH says he is going join IF with me on Monday and is reading the Obesity Code right now. He's an engineer and has one of those could always do some more research before he starts kind of minds. I'm the opposite - more of the I wonder if that would work so I'll just try it kind of person. We'll clash, but it's nice to be able to support each other doing the same thing.

• Like 1

@melmar02 👍 on losing body fat!! And yes, birthday cheesecake doesn't have calories 

@trish1206 congratulations on a June wedding 💒 

@Bellewhere are you hoing on the trip? And yes, your daughter and girlfriend are definitely exposed to EVERYTHING! 

Oh no, Diana!! You've got brown skies again? Is it affecting your produce? Napa wine grapes are seriously impacted.  In fact so impacted that Rodney Stone Winery is dumping grapes. Might be a lost year. Especially with new fires today. 

My Enchanted Princess Spanish Passage cruise was cancelled last week. It might be good for my waistline to push it back a month

Well, S is back home weekends and cooking up a storm. Today it's risotto. Somehow he thinks I cannot cook for myself so his plan seems to be to load up the fridge / freezer for the week. (Seriously?) I now have 4 of each in the freezer: individual lasagne, stir fry with toasted tofu, soup, and now risotto?? Plus 4 bottles wine. It's sweet but not waist friendly

He started work last week so he will only be home on F/S/Su (started with 2 classes but has already morphed into 4 -- 3 in Golden Gate Park & 1 cohort with too many students, was supposed to be 5 but it increased to 9, so it might split) ✔ 

Daughter says she's getting paperwork to complete on a job and orientation in October ✔ 

R is cutting new tracks,  music should be online soon ✔ 

Just 2 more to find work then the Bank of Mom can close 😁🤑. I can't complain. Although I was there as a backup, their unemployment + savings carried them for the 6 months. 

Edited by Ombud

Hi all!

Ombud ~ just wanted to say I have been retired since Feb 2007. In Oct 2006, when I joined Cruise Critic that was what was on my mind. Turned out to be a poor choice of name!

Lovely day up here so we had Church outside again. We won't be able to do that too much longer I imagine.

Have a good week & stay safe!

~ Jo ~😊

't

The end of the week was fall/early winter with frost .... today it is Caribbean warm and feels like a wonderful summer day.  I'll take it ... some of my flowers got hit by the frost the other day ... but, some of my morning glories are continuing to be glorious!  

Omsbud --- Sometimes the "bank of mom" seems to be needed at very unexpected times ... but, they get on their feet again.  Our daughter ended up moving home for a few years (with her son), so sometimes the "house of mom" seems to have a revolving door ... but, that is what we do for our kids.

We had a birthday celebration for one of my son-in-laws yesterday.  Had tables set up in two rooms ... everyone brought some sort of pasta dish ... so it was great fun trying all sorts of different foods.  When I'm cooking or spending time with the kids it  seems to be a time that I eat very little ... I just sit and watch all the kids interact .... It is wonderful!  Everyone was very careful ... no sitting close or hugging (have I mentioned that I miss hugging?).

Hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend - Jan

Edited by Jan_In_Maine
can't spell
  • Like 2

Hello on This Monday Morning!   Hot weather and fires still in California. In fact new fires.

Sorry for the people dealing with it and some again.  Bless the firefighters.

Diana thank you, got all that stuff covered.  My son is aware of everything too. Just funny in away. We both stay 

home and now taking a little trip. It's time for our mental health. Resort in the mountains, 2 bedrooms and a kitchen.

Sorry about your heat and air and you can't garden.

Mel sorry you had to work on your birthday but you got dinner and dessert. Your right birthday cake of any kind

doesn't have cals on your day.  Nice your husband is trying with you even if do it differently.

Ombud glad your bank of mom might get less business soon.Nice he does cooking for you maybe ask for less/lighter meals.

It is really sweet of him.  Your still taking the cruise but at a later date?

Jo glad you had a nice day. Yes pretty soon it will be getting cold there.  Maybe churches will open before the cold comes.

Jan glad you had a great day with family. You ate in different rooms that's a good idea.  Been thinking about Thanksgiving 

and Christmas can't eat out on patio then.  Have to do something if things aren't any better with virus, son and I have to

be careful because daughter and girlfriend still working with public.  Will work something out. I know this being careful

and no hugging, kissing is getting old.

Everyone have a good week.  Drink your water.  Eat less.  Exercise if you can.  Can you believe last 3 days of Sept.  Then

October.....Remember...NO CANDY IN OCTOBER....WE CAN DO IT..BLAH IT DOES NOT EVEN TASTE GOOD.

(you believe that I got a bridge to sell you):classic_laugh:

Good Morning Belle!  Love Halloween, but I think we have decided not to give out candy this year ... kind of sad, but there is always next year!  

I ate some ice cream last night ... it was good ... but I really need to stop!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday.  Jan

Mel, birthday calories don't count! Sounds like a yummy meal for your bday. Nice hubby will join you on the weight loss journey.

Ombud, yes, still have unhealthy air and that definitely affects my garden fruits/veggies. My garden has been somewhat of a bust this month. The melon plants shriveled up. I pulled them a couple of days ago. The zucchini plant is on it's last legs.  Normally things keep going until November. Sorry about your cancelled cruise.

Belle, a mountain retreat sounds awesome. Glad you stayed the same for weight loss. 

Jo, nice you are enjoying the last of summer with church outside. 

Jan, nice you can do a get together at your house with some restrictions. Sounds great. We're still are not doing those kinds of things. 

Have a nice day everyone. Diana

Hello on this Tuesday.  Hope everyone is just...living the best you can at this time.

What else can we do.  Are you watching TV tonight?  You know which program I mean!  

If so the words for tonight is...Stay Calm....You know how HE is going to be.

Take care..Stay safe..So many fires and hot weather around especially in California.

Hi all!

Our book discussion was cancelled as some want to watch. DH will watch too & I might take a look.

I think this is going to be a bad week for me as I couldn't resist some chips, then ate more than I should have. Oh well, new month on Thursday & a new start.

Have a good day. Cooling off with showers up here.

Stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

Yes Thursday is a new month to start. Always think October is the time to start losing for the Holiday's.

(not that we don't always try to lose)  Time to really try to get a few off before the Holiday's in

case we gain a few going though them. So on the 1st of the year we can say..I lost, stayed the same

and don't have to say..I gained.

Jo I know sometimes so hard. Why some days we can be so good and then other days we want all the snacks.

Mystery of life..weight gain..weight loss!   Why is it so hard?  I know..no one ever said life would be easy!

Sorry about your book club but tonight should be interesting in so many ways... good and bad!

Diana sorry about your garden. You were cooler for a few days, less smoke then tomorrow your getting

hot again which could mean more smoke. Sorry.  Take care.

Edited by Belle

Sorry late posting for last Thursday weigh in ....... o.4 lb. lowest week loss.

I’m looking forward — just sticking with the plan.   

the weather is great in Houston.   Finally out of the 90 s.    Can finally get out and walk