Princess cancelled cruises to Dec 15, 2020

Presently Princess is offering for cruises cancelled by Princess

- 100% refund

- 100% + 25% FCC on cruise fare
- tax & port - refund

- excursions - refund
- EzAir - ??

- Princess  insurance - ??

I was thinking on paying my cruise fare ($1,857.70 X 2 + $908.70) before Dec 15 encase Princess cancels more cruises to get the 125% FCC.  I would pay tax/port at final payment.

I take an annual travel insurance with CAA.  If Princess does not cancel cruises between final payment and cruise date and we decide not to go CAA would not pay unless for a medical reason.

I am thinking on taking Princess insurance, if I cancel before the cruise date, I can use “cancel for any reason”

What do you think about this plan?

27 minutes ago, phabric said:

100% refund

either or, correct, not both ??

why not 'hope' that is Princess cancels a cruise for Covid-19, you just pay a little less than 'cruise fare only' hoping for double deposit for cruises not paid in full ? it's not a given, of course, but it is what happened during the last major cancellations thru 12/15/20

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, voljeep said:

either or, correct, not both ??

why not 'hope' that is Princess cancels a cruise for Covid-19, you just pay a little less than 'cruise fare only' hoping for double deposit for cruises not paid in full ? it's not a given, of course, but it is what happened during the last major cancellations thru 12/15/20

With the Double the Deposit, if I pay the cruise fare of $1,857.

I will get $1,857 FCC and $1,857 non refundable FCC =  $3,714 FCC,  if Princess cancels?

26 minutes ago, Tak8 said:

I'll assume you are comfortable with having this amount tied up for months.  If Princess sails, you would be out the Princess insurance money.  If you really hope to cruise, I'd say go for it.  

I don’t mind with Princess holding my money.

With Princess Insurance, if Princess sails and I go, I would have insurance.  I would not take out annual CAA travel insurance until my next cruise.  If I take Princess Insurance, and decide after final payment and I do not feel safe or just don’t want to go, I am covered under “cancel for any reason”.

8 minutes ago, phabric said:

I will get $1,857 FCC and $1,857 non refundable FCC =  $3,714 FCC,  if Princess cancels?

When they offered "Double the Deposit", the total FCC you could get back could not exceed the total cruise fare.  I have not read the terms, but I would think the 25% bonus offer for FCC would be similar in that you cannot get more back than the total cruise fare.

I considered a similar thing before ours was cancelled and would have only paid about half the invoice cost.

If I were you, I would not want to be getting all those FCC credits. As I learned not that long ago - they actually do expire, and right now you cant even predict when the cruising will be resumed. So, the safest way would be either to avoid cruising completely for a year or demand a full refund while you can 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, phabric said:

that's what happened to us on ( about half that amount ) on a thanksgiving cruise that was cancelled on 7/22 ( pause 4 )

still no guarantee what the next round of cancellations may bring

• Like 2

2 hours ago, phabric said:

I would like your opinion.

cruise - March 13, 2021

deposit - FCD (1 & 2) $100 (3) $0

final payment - January 12, 2021

CDC - allowing cruises ??

- 100% refund

- 100% + 25% FCC on cruise fare (nope)
- tax & port - refund

- excursions - refund
- EzAir - ?? (Refunded)

- Princess  insurance - ?? (Refunded)

I was thinking on paying my cruise fare ($1,857.70 X 2 + $908.70) before Dec 15 encase Princess cancels more cruises to get the 125% FCC.  I would pay tax/port at final payment.

I take an annual travel insurance with CAA.  If Princess does not cancel cruises between final payment and cruise date and we decide not to go CAA would not pay unless for a medical reason.

I am thinking on taking Princess insurance, if I cancel before the cruise date, I can use “cancel for any reason”

I think there's a boatload of assumptions here

I just had 2 cruises canceled by Princess and DID NOT get FCC. What I got was $100-200 OBC for booking another European cruise by a set date (10/15/20 for one, 10/30/20 on the other). Why do you think you'll get the Pause 4 compensation? Especially since each subsequent pause offers less & less

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I think there's a boatload of assumptions here

I just had 2 cruises canceled by Princess and DID NOT get FCC. What I got was $100-200 OBC for booking another European cruise by a set date (10/15/20 for one, 10/30/20 on the other). Why do you think you'll get the Pause 4 compensation? Especially since each subsequent pause offers less & less

were your cancellations by Princess a result of Covid-19 pauses ?

were you paid in full ?

I had 1 canceled by Covid-19 pause 12 hrs before the CDC no sail order of Pause 1 and although the cruise was within Pause 1 date (actually 1st section: March 12-25, cruise was March 22nd) compensation was less than those canceled 12 hrs later. 

My last 2 were due to the Sun / Sea retirement (Sky shifted to cover Crown routes which is now covering Sun routes) & overseas port issues (Barcelona in April)

Now it seems to be rather fast full refund & future cruise OBC

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ombud said:

My last 2 were due to the Sun / Sea retirement (Sky shifted to cover Crown routes which is now covering Sun routes) & overseas port issues (Barcelona in April)

yeah, it seems that Princess is treating those different ( ship change / re-deployment ) than 'paused cruises' like mine was

• Like 1

4 hours ago, phabric said:

I would like your opinion.

cruise - March 13, 2021

deposit - FCD (1 & 2) $100 (3) $0

final payment - January 12, 2021

CDC - allowing cruises ??

- tax & port - refund

This is exactly what I've done with 3 Princess cruises.  One is fully paid due to a promo they sent me for 10% off if I paid in full.  The other two still have port taxes due at final payment. 

In the last round of Princess cancellations, the FCC was between 125% - 200% (double your deposit).  So, the money I've paid is committed to cruising, and if cancelled the alternative choices I have researched are all in 2022.  So, if it takes Princess a while to get the FCC issues, I'm OK with that.

Meanwhile, in Fall 2021 I have an RCCL cruise booked, and one of my Princess cruises, too.  I doubt if they will still be cancelling 12 months from now, but I'm prepared if they do. 

If you are willing to roll the dice about getting your refund - go for it!  Some of us that waited more than 6 months, had to file credit card disputes, and still don’t have our FCC settled correctly would be just a bit hesitant 🥴

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, trvlwrld said:

If you are willing to roll the dice about getting your refund - go for it!  Some of us that waited more than 6 months, had to file credit card disputes, and still don’t have our FCC settled correctly would be just a bit hesitant 🥴

6 months is OK with me, since the alternative cruise wouldn't be until early-to-late 2022.  I expect if the March/April 2021 cruises are going to be cancelled, it will be in the next few months.  They've already cancelled some March 2021 cruises.

If my FCC is the full amount of the cruise fares (which I've already paid on these two in 2021), I'm OK with that, too.

7 minutes ago, pcur said:

6 months is OK with me, since the alternative cruise wouldn't be until early-to-late 2022.  I expect if the March/April 2021 cruises are going to be cancelled, it will be in the next few months.  They've already cancelled some March 2021 cruises.

If my FCC is the full amount of the cruise fares (which I've already paid on these two in 2021), I'm OK with that, too.

how has/will Princess handle this

cruise cancelled - took double deposit as FCC ( $900 paid, 900 matching FCC ) so $ 1,800 of which $ 1,750 has been applied to a future cruise 4/2021 ( cruise fare only paid in full )

now say Princess cancels that 4/2021 cruise , again because of Covid-19 before final payment date, at which time I would pay the port fee, taxes and insurance - so NOT paid in full if cancelled before final due

hmmmm

hopes it's not even a consideration by then ... 🥃🥃

43 minutes ago, voljeep said:

how has/will Princess handle this

cruise cancelled - took double deposit as FCC ( $900 paid, 900 matching FCC ) so $ 1,800 of which $ 1,750 has been applied to a future cruise 4/2021 ( cruise fare only paid in full )

now say Princess cancels that 4/2021 cruise , again because of Covid-19 before final payment date, at which time I would pay the port fee, taxes and insurance - so NOT paid in full if cancelled before final due

hmmmm

hopes it's not even a consideration by then ... 🥃🥃

Exactly.