Cancelled Nov 1 - Dec 31 from all but Florida

Lee Cruiser

6 hours ago, magictam said:

I’m booked  on the November 14 Horizon sailing for 8 days. I’m going to take a day or week to decide what to do. I think the decision will be easier once Carnival releases their restrictions/changes/impacts on the sailings for the next few months. I know we can all speculate but that’s just best guess. I have no problem wearing a mask, being tested, social distancing but going to just a private island (so I will just stay on the ship by myself 😂 ) and having my cruise itinerary shortened wouldn’t thrill me. 
The decision and struggle is real but I don’t want to make it in haste. 

Do we have any idea on what the actual mandates will be? We are booked on Liberty December 14th to 18th. Got the email today as well.

2 real questions:

1. What are the mandates gonna be, I wear a mask only when I have to, but personally can't see wearing a mask the whole time on my cruise aside of eating,  so thats a no for me!

2. Probability of CCL canceling rest of year? I don't want to pull the trigger yet and make any rash decisions,  but, I'd rather plan something else now and get my $$$$ back. 

Was so excited to go cruising on my Birthday Week, but now I feel uncertainty. 

9 hours ago, pe4all said:

Depending what option you pick (total cancellation or book another cruise and get obc) the deposit will be transferred to your new cruise, or if you decide to cancel will go back onto your credit card.  I have never heard of an administrative fee.  Is that from a travel agent?  If so, that is between you and the agent.

I booked a cruise about two years ago, then moved it twice.  Each time Carnival charged Administrative fees.  I wonder if these will be refunded?

So, on the deposit- will I be refunded my Non-Refundable deposit of $150?

Thanks!

Edited by SavTris

9 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Who did you pay the administration fee to and for what? 

If its cancelled yes on deposit, no idea on other since dont know what it's for. 

I booked a cruise about two years ago, then moved it twice. Each time, Carnival charged Administrative fees. They add up to the $150.  I wonder if these will be refunded?

Will I be refunded the $150 deposit, even though it was a Non-Refundable deposit?

Thanks!

I booked a cruise about two years ago, then moved it twice. Carnival charged Administration fees to do this, which I was fine with. Now my cruise is among the ones just cancelled, Nov 28

😞

I wonder if I go ahead and cancel, will I also be refunded these charges along with my deposit?

Thanks!

Am Booked on the Breeze for Nov 21st out of P.C. Still planning to make the cruise, just wondering like everyone

else what the protocols are going to be. I have no problem wearing a mask, or social distance, just wondering

if they will change the Itinerary, scheduled for St. Marteen, St. Kitts, San Juan, and Grand Turk. Will have to

wait and see, kind of hard to schedule excursions if you don't know  where you are going.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

None of those ports are open for cruise ships right now. I doubt they will be in 6 weeks. In fact, which ports are actually open for cruise ships leaving from ports in the USA?

St. Kitts just announced they will reopen on Nov. 1. St. Maarten is partially open. Mexico, Jamaica, Barbados, Aruba, St. Thomas are all open currently. There's a few others as well.

Edited by toad455

we had a deposit down on a thanksgiving cruise.  We decided even if it wasn’t  canceled we would not go for safety reason so ultimately just didn’t pay off the cruise. Now that the cruise is canceled do you think we have a chance to get that refund back?

Not a big deal either way but I wouldn’t mind being able to put deposit on another cruise. 
how would I go about checking into this or requesting a refund or transfer? 

Do we have any idea on what the actual mandates will be? We are booked on Liberty December 14th to 18th. Got the email today as well.

2 real questions:

1. What are the mandates gonna be, I wear a mask only when I have to, but personally can't see wearing a mask the whole time on my cruise aside of eating,  so thats a no for me!

2. Probability of CCL canceling rest of year? I don't want to pull the trigger yet and make any rash decisions,  but, I'd rather plan something else now and get my $$$$ back. 

Was so excited to go cruising on my Birthday Week, but now I feel uncertainty. 

You will have to wear a mask while walking around the ship. That’s a given.

I believe if you got the email you cancel cancel and get $$$ back.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OK, so my frustration begins.

I cancelled my November cruise based on the letter saying we could cancel with the SAME refund options - I opted for the 100% refund.

Got a letter today and I am being "assessed" a $157 per person fee - so $314 they are now trying to charge me after their letter to me clearly stated I could get a 100% refund.  *@!?

Already emailed my PVP to have him start working on getting this straightened out for me.  These are the times I am glad I have a GREAT PVP because I know he will be as peeved off as I am when he sees this!

Edited by wemjam

9 minutes ago, wemjam said:

OK, so my frustration begins.

Got a letter today and I am being "assessed" a $157 per person fee - so $314 they are now trying to charge me after their letter to me clearly stated I could get a 100% refund.  *@!?

The cancellation penalty email is auto-generated.  I have gotten it five times so far this year, but they never actually charge it.  I have gotten my full refund.  Now my PVP actually mentions in her email to ignore any cancellation penalty notices:

"Ignore any cancel penalty emails you may receive. "

You should get your 100% refund regardless.

• Like 1

Just now, EllaDuChien said:

The cancellation penalty email is auto-generated.  I have gotten it five times so far this year, but they never actually charge it.  I have gotten my full refund.  Now my PVP actually mentions in her email to ignore any cancellation penalty notices:

"Ignore any cancel penalty emails you may receive. "

You should get your 100% refund regardless.

Well that makes me fell a little better lol!  Thank you!

11 hours ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

None of those ports are open for cruise ships right now. I doubt they will be in 6 weeks. In fact, which ports are actually open for cruise ships leaving from ports in the USA?

9 hours ago, toad455 said:

St. Kitts just announced they will reopen on Nov. 1. St. Maarten is partially open. Mexico, Jamaica, Barbados, Aruba, St. Thomas are all open currently. There's a few others as well.

8 hours ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

But are they open for cruise ships?

Indeed, AFAIK all of the islands that have "advertised" their re-opening plans make zero mention of cruise ships.

In most cases, although "re-opening", the common requirement for a negative test within x days of arrival makes it very problematic for cruisers, unless Carnival is going to offer free/low cost tests while on board to meet that requirement.

I really wanna cruise, but I don't want to book a cruise to an interesting port and then be all "Access Denied".

If things start up and are running smoothly, we might book a short Bahamas cruise in Jan or Feb just to be on a ship, and not care if we actually get off at the port(s).  But we will wait until mid-Dec to make that call, I think.

Edited by ProgRockCruiser
"AFAIK"

18 hours ago, MauiWowie57 said:

I've been around the world multiple times courtesy of the US Navy, and done 25+ pleasure cruises, and never gotten sick aboard ship - because - I wash my hands, etc. etc. I have no issues with going on a cruise right now...

Lucky you, I definitely got the crud on my aircraft carrier! Of course that wouldn't deter me from going on a pleasure cruise. There was way less exposure to fresh air on the carrier (at least where I worked) and fewer public bathrooms around to wash your hands. I will be happy to cruise as soon as they resume (with minimal restrictions).

18 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Different strokes for different folks! We would happily watch a show from our cabin, lido deck, a tv in a bar etc. As long as we are cruising! In fact, I have always wished they'd broadcast the shows throughout the boat so that they are more readily available to guests; I can never seem to get to them in time unless dinner is rushed. The adult comedy shows would be the only show that couldn't be broadcast throughout the ship. Those would have to be in cabins by request and possibly, select bars where children aren't expected/likely to be. More options is never a bad thing IMO. It also helps spread people out as a bonus.  

Do not know why you have had problems. We never have a problem arriving at the theater at least 15 min early when the doors open to get a good seat. You go to the first show and then go to dinner. Yes different strokes. I want to see a live show and that is part of what YOU pay for when you go on a cruise. Not a video of a show.

1 hour ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Do not know why you have had problems. We never have a problem arriving at the theater at least 15 min early when the doors open to get a good seat. You go to the first show and then go to dinner. Yes different strokes. I want to see a live show and that is part of what YOU pay for when you go on a cruise. Not a video of a show.

I may try the show first then dinner option next time. I generally prefer dinner then a show, but switching it up may be a better option as you suggested and allow a less rushed experience. As far as shows on the screen, I see it more like sports and other live shows I watch on TV. I prefer watching from home vs. dealing with crowds, lines, uncomfortable seating etc. There are some shows, like monster truck shows, that definitely are better in person but most translate well if you have a quality screen and sound. I can understand why some enjoy the immersion of being present at a live show. They should definitely still have that option for those who would only feel satisfied by physically being present. I wasn't suggesting replacing the live show option, merely adding additional options to spread folks out and add more options for viewing for those who may feel uncomfortable under the current environment.   

From John Heald's Facebook page...

Quick question John, I apologize if I've missed the answer. Have the November cruises from Port Canaveral filled up or have they been taken down/cancelled? We are scheduled to sail Nov 29 on the Breeze from Canaveral and had another couple trying to book but the sailings are no longer listed (they were yesterday).

Thanks

• John Heald
    John Heald Hello, yes we have taken them down because I’ve reached the capacity we want to cruise with. If anything changes I will let you know and I really hope we see you very soon having fun again, cheers

I was just wondering when we will see activity from the Carnival ships that are sailing in November ? How long does it take to spin up a ship ? Crew placement and testing, food and beverage stocking. (i know this happens at the Miami cruise terminal ) but orders would have to be placed. Would word leak out ? Will there be Giant Banners welcoming the cruise ships and passengers back?

I have a January 16th and cant wait !!!

• Like 1

I have texted with several crew members (all bartenders) over the last few days and none of them have been contacted (or know other crew members who were contacted) about a firm return to work date. Several of them were previously contacted about possibly returning to work in January, but nothing concrete. While personally I think cruise lines should be allowed to resume operations from US ports soon, the reality seems to be we are still a long ways from cruising resuming from the US. 

Edited by PhillyFan33579

3 hours ago, phoneman69 said:

I was just wondering when we will see activity from the Carnival ships that are sailing in November ? How long does it take to spin up a ship ? Crew placement and testing, food and beverage stocking. (i know this happens at the Miami cruise terminal ) but orders would have to be placed. Would word leak out ? Will there be Giant Banners welcoming the cruise ships and passengers back?

I have a January 16th and cant wait !!!

Cruise lines have indicated it takes 30 days tog et a ship ready to sail.

On 10/2/2020 at 4:21 AM, brenderlou said:

You will have to wear a mask while walking around the ship. That’s a given.

I believe if you got the email you cancel cancel and get $$$ back.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A mask will be required in areas where distancing is not possible. They did not say, while walking around the ship.