Our cruise officially cancelled

Mrs f.

2 hours ago, Mrs f. said:

Was hoping they would offer the 125% future cruise credit but they didn't .

I expect it may still happen as the have not updated their website with the cancelation notice.  I too am hoping for the 125%.

3 hours ago, Mrs f. said:

Was hoping they would offer the 125% future cruise credit but they didn't .

That's surprising. As GICNJC said, perphaps you have not received the email outlining the options. We are taking the 125% for our cancelled 11/23/2020:

To make up for the inconvenience of this suspension, guests who are currently booked on voyages with embarkation dates from November 1, 2020 through November 30, 2020 that are paid in full with cash funds (credit card, check, bank wire) will automatically receive a Future Cruise Credit worth 125% of the cruise fare paid.  This is our way of providing even more value to our loyal guests to cruise with us at a later date. This Future Cruise Credit will be issued automatically and may be applied to any voyage on Oceania Cruises anywhere in the world through December 31, 2022 that is booked by October 5, 2021. For guests who prefer to forego the higher value of the 125% Future Cruise Credit, a full refund option is available. Please contact your Travel Advisor or our Guest Services team no later than close of business October 19, 2020 if you prefer to be issued a 100% refund.

1 hour ago, Mrs f. said:

Hopefully  they will do the 125%

They always did, but only for Future Cruise Credits.  If you want your money back, it is just 100%.  Now, if you had paid for the canceled cruise with Future Cruise Credits, that might fall into a different scenario, have to go through the really small print to find out how that applies.  I think many people on these canceled cruises were on the canceled or modified cruises when Oceania decided to stop cruising in March - they couldn't really canceled because their FCC terminated on 12/31/20.  We had to let Oceania canceled the cruise in order for the FCC to roll over. 

Edited by deadzone1003

The email said they were processing a refund for all deposits or payment made on the reservation.  We were paid in full.

I keep checking for another email from them.

1 hour ago, Mrs f. said:

The email said they were processing a refund for all deposits or payment made on the reservation.  We were paid in full.

If you were paid in full & getting  a full refund  then maybe Oceania is not expecting to sail  again soon &  have too many FCC's on the books

• Like 1

2 hours ago, clo said:

Has anyone looked at the equivalent cruise fare a year from the canceled one? Is it more 

I've been checking.  Our A2 this year is $8,399pp.  Next year A2 is $9749. Pp.

Our PH2 next November for our identical cancelled cruise went up over $2K. That with the so called Ultimate Sail Prices!

FWiW, that cruise is completely waitlisted over 13 months in advance and has been since Labor Day.

Edited by pinotlover

22 hours ago, GICNJC said:

Received notice or Dec 13 cruise on Riveria departing Miami is cancelled as well.  Been expecting this since June but nice to know it's official.   Hope our July/August Baltic is not canceled. 

It is interesting they cancelled this one and NOT the following cruise on Dec 20th for the Riveria.  My interpretation is they are dialing in a 'realistic' projected start date and could be a sign they are actively working a plan together to get sailing again.  It seems to be the most likely explanation to  only cancel two cruises on Riviera (compared to what was announced just last week.)  God help us if they start cancelling cruises, two cruises at a time.

This may not be relevant to O but I ran into my neighbor out walking yesterday.  He is a high level exec for DCL.  He said they are starting up full force Dec 1.  I questioned him a bit and he said they have been executing the Dec start plan for awhile and will be ready to go.  Maybe there is hope!

13 hours ago, Queen of DaNile said:

That's surprising. As GICNJC said, perphaps you have not received the email outlining the options. We are taking the 125% for our cancelled 11/23/2020:

To make up for the inconvenience of this suspension, guests who are currently booked on voyages with embarkation dates from November 1, 2020 through November 30, 2020 that are paid in full with cash funds (credit card, check, bank wire) will automatically receive a Future Cruise Credit worth 125% of the cruise fare paid.  This is our way of providing even more value to our loyal guests to cruise with us at a later date. This Future Cruise Credit will be issued automatically and may be applied to any voyage on Oceania Cruises anywhere in the world through December 31, 2022 that is booked by October 5, 2021. For guests who prefer to forego the higher value of the 125% Future Cruise Credit, a full refund option is available. Please contact your Travel Advisor or our Guest Services team no later than close of business October 19, 2020 if you prefer to be issued a 100% refund.

There is no mention of 125% FCC, only full refund.  Still hoping the FFC option will be clarified in the next few days.

3 hours ago, msears101 said:

It is interesting they cancelled this one and NOT the following cruise on Dec 20th for the Riveria.  My interpretation is they are dialing in a 'realistic' projected start date and could be a sign they are actively working a plan together to get sailing again.  It seems to be the most likely explanation to  only cancel two cruises on Riviera (compared to what was announced just last week.)  God help us if they start cancelling cruises, two cruises at a time.

I'd look at the dates. Dec. 13 is almost a tad over two months but the 20th is farther out.

12 hours ago, the more ports the better said:

This may not be relevant to O but I ran into my neighbor out walking yesterday.  He is a high level exec for DCL.  He said they are starting up full force Dec 1.  I questioned him a bit and he said they have been executing the Dec start plan for awhile and will be ready to go.  Maybe there is hope!

I'm not familiar with DCL. Is that Disney?

On 10/9/2020 at 6:20 PM, dj_crusin said:

We just received a notice that our Dec 19 Marina SA cruise has been cancelled.

Who did you receive this notice from?  Oceania website still lists this cruise as active and we have not received any notice that it has been cancelled.  Just emailed our TA for clarification  as final payment is due tomorrow.

37 minutes ago, rln44 said:

Who did you receive this notice from?  Oceania website still lists this cruise as active and we have not received any notice that it has been cancelled.  Just emailed our TA for clarification  as final payment is due tomorrow.

Somebody posted the Oceania email.  Check the postings for DECEMBER MARINA CRUISES CANCELLED