Hot rock in Izumi???

Sianli

Like everyone else here we have had cruises cancelled and so I have been spending more time on cruise planner for the next 8 cruises which are now bunched together over a 15 month period, yikes. We are happy with the complimentary dining, but also like to try the specialty dining packages from time to time, and have always loved Hot Rock at Izumi. My question is, does anyone know if the hot rock is an option on the ships that do not have Hibachi? i.e., Jewell, Explorer, Navigator? Or do they just have the one price fits all sushi meal? DH does not want to try sushi, but we could go there for the hot rock. Hopefully sailing soon!

1 hour ago, George C said:

From my experience it’s on all ships that do not have a hibachi, have done it several times on navigator . 

Hoping they still have it! We are on Navigator Jan 1! Thank you for answering.

2 hours ago, George C said:

From my experience it’s on all ships that do not have a hibachi, have done it several times on navigator . 

There is no rhyme or reason really...Grandeur does hot rock.....Anthem doesn't.   Neither have Hibachi.....BUT....and this may be why.....part of Izumi on Anthem is essentially the hallway people who are not dining walk through....so maybe there is a safety concern.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, twangster said:

It's not safe to make assumptions based on Hibachi being present or not.

Adventure does not have hot rocks.  Quantum class does not have hot rocks.  

Are there any ships that you know of that has a hibachi and a Izumi with hot rocks?

One of the things we like best about Izumi is that we can pre-order our sushi to go and then do a sushi "picnic" on our balcony.

I don't think I've seen hot rock on any ships that have the hibachi seating, but we've done it a few times on Brilliance and Jewel.

On 10/14/2020 at 2:01 PM, twangster said:

You pay money to cook your own food at your table.

The waiter on Explorer didn't let us do our own, he stood there the whole time.  I was disappointed in that part.... if you're gonna cook it and serve it to me, just cook it in the kitchen and bring the plate out!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, brillohead said:

The waiter on Explorer didn't let us do our own, he stood there the whole time.  I was disappointed in that part.... if you're gonna cook it and serve it to me, just cook it in the kitchen and bring the plate out!

For my last hot rocks experience on Navigator I had to cook my own.  The problem is I like beef medium rare to medium.  It's very hard cooking on hot rocks while talking and drinking wine and I usually end up with overcooked food.    I'm not a sushi fan so it's my way of compromising so the person I am with can eat sushi.  That being said I haven't had great hot rock experiences but I deal with it.

2 hours ago, twangster said:

For my last hot rocks experience on Navigator I had to cook my own.  The problem is I like beef medium rare to medium.  It's very hard cooking on hot rocks while talking and drinking wine and I usually end up with overcooked food.    I'm not a sushi fan so it's my way of compromising so the person I am with can eat sushi.  That being said I haven't had great hot rock experiences but I deal with it.

I haven't had a great hot rocks experience, either.  I find it almost impossible to cook the vegetables adequately.  Truthfully, you might as well just eat them raw. I have found the whole experience to be more trouble than it's worth.  I love the other options at Izumi so I always have plenty to eat but I do not order the hot rocks anymore.

• Like 1