Zuiderdam & Volendam summer 2021 schedules have been removed! Redeployment coming?

AtlantaCruiser72

3 minutes ago, kevingastreich said:

Update to this saga. Even though a new booking number was issued, the 60 day time limit to transfer a booking to another TA did not reset.  We are WELL past the 60 days so it looks like this booking will remain with HAL and our new PCC.

If it's important to you to be able to transfer it, I'd be back on the phone with HAL to make that happen.

13 hours ago, kevingastreich said:

I guess a new ship and a new booking number doesn't mean a new start date.

But your cruise was “frozen” for some time until everything was completed.  It couldn’t be cancelled, transferred, booked, etc.  That should be taken into account IMO.

On 12/15/2020 at 5:33 AM, kazu said:

But your cruise was “frozen” for some time until everything was completed.  It couldn’t be cancelled, transferred, booked, etc.  That should be taken into account IMO.

Funny thing now, they have us with TWO booking numbers! One booking shows us in a Vista Suite on deck 6 and one booking shows us in a Vista Suite on deck 7. Two cabins for the price of one?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, kevingastreich said:

Funny thing now, they have us with TWO booking numbers! One booking shows us in a Vista Suite on deck 6 and one booking shows us in a Vista Suite on deck 7. Two cabins for the price of one?

OMG 😱 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, kevingastreich said:

Well, I just checked again this morning and we are back to only one booking number...and this one is in a Neptune Suite!  Supposedly we will be charged an extra 200pp for it but it hasn't showed up on our account yet so who knows. If this is the final change then all in all, things worked out ok in the end.

1 hour ago, kevingastreich said:

Well, I just checked again this morning and we are back to only one booking number...and this one is in a Neptune Suite!  Supposedly we will be charged an extra 200pp for it but it hasn't showed up on our account yet so who knows. If this is the final change then all in all, things worked out ok in the end.

That worked out very nicely for you, indeed 🙂. Well worth the work 👍 

If you end up paying the $200 it’s still a dam good deal.  Enjoy 😄 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

The Westerdam Trans Atlantic for October 30th departure and arrival in Fort Lauderdale November 13th is online and bookable again.  

@kazu

Thanks.  We were booked on her and got the email about the cancellation cancelled in error.  I call horse hockey on that one.  They cancelled.  Don’t assume we are staying on 24 days later.  

They should have called a spade a spade and said they cancelled in error and were re-instating it.  You can’t undo a cancellation 24 days later.

It’s being treated like a new booking and all the cabins are being assigned by HAL - no thanks.  No matter what ship I am on, HAL is assigning so I’ll stick where I am.  And, I’m tired of feeling like a ping pong, cancelling and rebooking hotels, airfare and tours. Thanks though 🙂 

29 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thanks.  We were booked on her and got the email about the cancellation cancelled in error.  I call horse hockey on that one.  They cancelled.  Don’t assume we are staying on 24 days later.  

They should have called a spade a spade and said they cancelled in error and were re-instating it.  You can’t undo a cancellation 24 days later.

It’s being treated like a new booking and all the cabins are being assigned by HAL - no thanks.  No matter what ship I am on, HAL is assigning so I’ll stick where I am.  And, I’m tired of feeling like a ping pong, cancelling and rebooking hotels, airfare and tours. Thanks though 🙂 

I don't blame you. 😃

On 11/28/2020 at 8:59 AM, VMax1700 said:

Did your TA tell you why they increased the price??  I could understand if the ports charges etc increased, but your itinerary is the same.  There is no way they should increase the price.

Yes she said it was due to increased port charges 

I noticed today that HAL has updated the schedule for the Volendam in fall/winter 2021 on the HAL website. 

There is a 14-Day Southern Caribbean cruise r/t Port Everglades Nov 25, 2021-Dec 9, 2021.

There is a 12-Day Southern Caribbean cruise r/t Port Everglades Dec 23, 2021-Jan 4, 2022.

I wonder if there will be one or more cruises added to cover the Dec 9 to Dec 23 time period or if Volendam might be sent to drydock in Freeport for those two weeks.  HAL seems to like December and January drydocks, and I think Volendam was last in drydock in late 2019, so going for another one just over 2 years later seems reasonable.