Zuiderdam & Volendam summer 2021 schedules have been removed! Redeployment coming?

AtlantaCruiser72

6 minutes ago, kevingastreich said:

We'll wait and see what if any compensation is being offered before we decide to cancel or not.  We got a killer deal originally and I don't really want to lose anything.

No one can cancel yet.  The cruises are frozen.  I just know I will but I will wait to see the offer too (our TA thinks there may be one) and if it applies to the cruise we have selected, great.

Hopefully, HAL will make the wait worthwhile.  Time will tell.

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Sorry, I misunderstood.  I thought you were happy.  Sounds like us, we much prefer the newer, larger ships over the Volendam.  So are you going to cancel? We cancelled ours even before knowing what cabin we would get on the Volendam, just didn't want that ship. As it turned out we would have been downgraded (why I was surprised and said you were fortunate to get an upgrade when I thought you were happy). 😉 

You are correct and in normal circumstances to be allocated a Vista having booked a Verandah GTY, would make me happy, but as stated, we don't like the new itinerary, we don't like the prospect of arriving into Florida on Thanksgiving Day (even the outlets are closed) and we don't like the prospect of the smaller, older ship.

Yes, we probably will cancel, but we will wait to see what HAL offers and hope that we may be able to transfer the offer to a new cruise.

• Like 2

We were moved from our VD 7098 on the Zuiderdam with cabins intentionally above us to the Volendams BB guarantee.  We now have the pleasure of chairs scrapping at the seaview pool above us while smoke drifts down from the smokers corner.  Am I happy?  NO!  I am usually a pretty positive person but this just tops one cruise being cancelled 2 days before sailing, another one being sold from under me, the inaugural being moved forward 2 months and now this.  I do realize these are tough times but....  Ok I have vented now I feel better.

6 minutes ago, phoneybaloney said:

We were moved from our VD 7098 on the Zuiderdam with cabins intentionally above us to the Volendams BB guarantee.  We now have the pleasure of chairs scrapping at the seaview pool above us while smoke drifts down from the smokers corner.  Am I happy?  NO!  I am usually a pretty positive person but this just tops one cruise being cancelled 2 days before sailing, another one being sold from under me, the inaugural being moved forward 2 months and now this.  I do realize these are tough times but....  Ok I have vented now I feel better.

That's 2020 for you!  Let's hope for better in years to come...

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, phoneybaloney said:

Going from a larger ship to a smaller ship is certainly not ideal for those of us that booked specific cabins on the Zuiderdam.  Most that pick their cabins pick specific locations for their own reasons.  We also pick cabins with cabins above us and mid ship.  

We are still hanging in so far to see where we actually end up as right now they say it’s an AA guarantee.  That could be forward, aft and the sea view Lido above.  It’s hard being patient, lol.  

10 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

Going from a larger ship to a smaller ship is certainly not ideal for those of us that booked specific cabins on the Zuiderdam.  Most that pick their cabins pick specific locations for their own reasons.  We also pick cabins with cabins above us and mid ship.  

We are still hanging in so far to see where we actually end up as right now they say it’s an AA guarantee.  That could be forward, aft and the sea view Lido above.  It’s hard being patient, lol.  

Agreed.

• Like 1

I have just received a cancellation notice for the shore ex I booked.  Why did they not transfer them to the new booking?  Now (if I intended to travel on the new itinerary) I would have a FX loss on these and then have to book more.   Crazy!  (just another vent!)

DH and I agreed that we weren't going to go on the Volendam TA when it was switched from Zuiderdam for various reasons, and I told our PCC that we were going to cancel the day that the change was emailed to us.  Because the sailing is frozen, I still have access to the cruise.

On Z'dam we were in VA 8069, midship veranda.  On V'dam we are now assigned AA 7055, a Vista Suite near the aft elevators.  This is a comparable change, really, but we're still not going.  🤣

Cheers!

44 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

Unless things change, guarantee cabins have always been assigned too late to cancel the cruise if you're unhappy -- are you willing to wait that long?

32 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Unless things change, guarantee cabins have always been assigned too late to cancel the cruise if you're unhappy -- are you willing to wait that long?

I was told I’d know by early December. If my PCC can’t assign us a cabin we think is close to midship he knows we will cancel. 

On 11/13/2020 at 1:38 PM, kazu said:

No one can cancel yet.  The cruises are frozen.  I just know I will but I will wait to see the offer too (our TA thinks there may be one) and if it applies to the cruise we have selected, great.

Hopefully, HAL will make the wait worthwhile.  Time will tell.

Right, we are just trying to decide whether we still want to take the cruise or not and what it would take from HAL to get us to stay the course. Personally, I want to still take it on Volendam in the downgraded cabin category because we got a lot of perks when we booked and I don't want to lose them.  A reduced fare and more OBC would be a good start I suppose.

13 minutes ago, kevingastreich said:

Right, we are just trying to decide whether we still want to take the cruise or not and what it would take from HAL to get us to stay the course. Personally, I want to still take it on Volendam in the downgraded cabin category because we got a lot of perks when we booked and I don't want to lose them.  A reduced fare and more OBC would be a good start I suppose.

Or a transfer of your perks 😉. Most of the perks have been extended so that should be easy.

I’m pretty sure you should be ok perk wise but I guess we will all see.

for us, we didn’t like the changed itinerary at all and have no desire to arrive in FLL on Thanksgiving day.  

Had the itinerary stayed the same we would have stuck but it has been destroyed.  We already have our new ship and cabin and just waiting for the offer to move it over 😉 

2 hours ago, kazu said:

Or a transfer of your perks 😉. Most of the perks have been extended so that should be easy.

I’m pretty sure you should be ok perk wise but I guess we will all see.

for us, we didn’t like the changed itinerary at all and have no desire to arrive in FLL on Thanksgiving day.  

Had the itinerary stayed the same we would have stuck but it has been destroyed.  We already have our new ship and cabin and just waiting for the offer to move it over 😉 

So far, our itinerary is identical with Volendam as it was with Zuiderdam but October is a long way away...

28 minutes ago, kevingastreich said:

So far, our itinerary is identical with Volendam as it was with Zuiderdam but October is a long way away...

I don’t think too many itineraries changed other than ours.

Hang in there if you are happy with everything else.  I will work out fingers crossed 🤞 

7 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

I have just received a cancellation notice for the shore ex I booked.  Why did they not transfer them to the new booking?  Now (if I intended to travel on the new itinerary) I would have a FX loss on these and then have to book more.   Crazy!  (just another vent!)

I got ours refunded earlier today. I think they didn't roll over to the new booking because there will be a new booking number. Our TA suggested this would happen. 

Was recently switched by HAL from Zuiderdam to Volendam for cruise to Med, Sept 2021. E-mail stated cabin  woud be similar or better. Contacted HAL and was informed  being allocated Vista suite on Volendam, as  considered by HAL altho to be smaller to be similar.

47 minutes ago, CruiseL said:

Was recently switched by HAL from Zuiderdam to Volendam for cruise to Med, Sept 2021. E-mail stated cabin  woud be similar or better. Contacted HAL and was informed  being allocated Vista suite on Volendam, as  considered by HAL altho to be smaller to be similar.

This happened to many of us.  They wanted to put us from a Signature Suite on the Zuiderdam into a Vista Suite on the Volendam because the V'dam has no Signature Suites.  I think we may have had the same cruise.  What cabin category did you have on the Zuiderdam?  If you're happy with the different itinerary and had a regular balcony cabin booked, you may be happy.  If not, you probably aren't happy!  We switched to the Westerdam that leaves one day later. 

4 hours ago, CruiseL said:

Same here but for October 2021. Waiting on HAL to see if there are any incentives to go with the new ship because a Vista Suite is definitely a downgrade from a Signature Suite.

I just now got onto the the HAL website and looked at this booking.  A new booking number has been issued and the "Make a Payment" page is now allowing me to make a payment on this cruise if I choose to.  The cruise price is EXACTLY the same as it was when we were in a Signature Suite on Zuiderdam. No reduction for the downgraded move to a Vista Suite on Volendam. Still no email from HAL detailing any changes/adjustments. Maybe I shouldn't expect one?

21 minutes ago, kevingastreich said:

I just now got onto the the HAL website and looked at this booking.  A new booking number has been issued and the "Make a Payment" page is now allowing me to make a payment on this cruise if I choose to.  The cruise price is EXACTLY the same as it was when we were in a Signature Suite on Zuiderdam. No reduction for the downgraded move to a Vista Suite on Volendam. Still no email from HAL detailing any changes/adjustments. Maybe I shouldn't expect one?

They are still working on it.  My PCC at HAL hadn’t been notified when I contacted him.  They have to wait until the inventory people (or whoever is doing this)  advise them.  You could try to contact whomever you booked through to ask maybe.  

That is a definite downgrade.  I bet they are still figuring out your refund but I think they won’t be done until end of the month.  

I’m trying to be patient until the end of the month but it’s hard!