Zuiderdam & Volendam summer 2021 schedules have been removed! Redeployment coming?

AtlantaCruiser72

2 minutes ago, kevingastreich said:

A short time after I sent this message we did get an email from HAL detailing the new booking.  The fare is EXACTLY the same as it was for the Signature Suite we were booked in on Zuiderdam.  No reduction for the downgraded accommodations we now have on Volendam. I suppose we will have to contact out PCC and see what gives. A cheap upsell to a NS would be nice but I don't see that happening. Maybe with the reduction of cruises available, the existing ones are now more valuable and that's how HAL can justify it?

So you went from a Signature suite to Vista with no compensation or lower fare?   I’d be furious.  There is no comparison between the two. I hope you can get a reasonable upgrade to Neptune or if not at least a reduced fare.  I don’t think HAL should be playing hard ball on this.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

So you went from a Signature suite to Vista with no compensation or lower fare?   I’d be furious.  There is no comparison between the two. I hope you can get a reasonable upgrade to Neptune or if not at least a reduced fare.  I don’t think HAL should be playing hard ball on this.  

Yes, so far that is exactly what has happened. I'm a little surprised myself but we'll see if it it stands.

• Like 2

I received my confirmation for my transatlantic cruise for November, 2021, formerly on the Zuiderdam, currently on the Volendam, this morning, too.  They gave us $25.00 each in OBC, and raised our price by $84.00 each.   On Z'dam we were in a mid-ship verandah cabin on deck 8, and on V'dam in 7055 Vista Suite near the aft elevators.  IMHO, the cabins are comparable and the cruise is 2 days shorter, so HAL really didn't try very hard to keep us.  

I'd already arranged for my PCC to cancel this cruise.  Now that the reservation is no longer frozen, he cancelled it for us.  

Good luck to all who are in this situation.

2 minutes ago, Taters said:

I received my confirmation for my transatlantic cruise for November, 2021, formerly on the Zuiderdam, currently on the Volendam, this morning, too.  They gave us $25.00 each in OBC, and raised our price by $84.00 each.   On Z'dam we were in a mid-ship verandah cabin on deck 8, and on V'dam in 7055 Vista Suite near the aft elevators.  IMHO, the cabins are comparable and the cruise is 2 days shorter, so HAL really didn't try very hard to keep us.  

I'd already arranged for my PCC to cancel this cruise.  Now that the reservation is no longer frozen, he cancelled it for us.  

They didn’t pro-rate the price for you?  Surely they didn’t charge the same price for a 15 day cruise as they did the 17?

I’m still waiting for my email from HAL.

7 minutes ago, kazu said:

They didn’t pro-rate the price for you?  Surely they didn’t charge the same price for a 15 day cruise as they did the 17?

Maybe an upgrade  from a verandah to a vista Suite makes HAL justify the lack of pro-rating the fare. It isn’t a fair cost imho.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Taters said:

How can they possibly raise your price?  That is unethical isn’t it?  For ours they took off the price of the 2 days plus taxes/fees were adjusted.  No OBC though.    

Did your PCC have an answer as to why this happened to you?  Doesn’t make sense but this whole booking and changing ships and this whole year doesn’t make sense.

I’m so sorry you’ve cancelled but understand.  We are going to hang in there to see how it all shakes down.  Like you, we had booked a mid ship on Zuiderdam but given close to aft on Volendam.  Hoping our PCC can help down the road before final payment.  

I do wonder if HAL would prefer all of us that booked early cancel so they can sell the cabins at higher prices.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dunmore2 said:

Maybe an upgrade  from a verandah to a vista Suite makes HAL justify the lack of pro-rating the fare. It isn’t a fair cost imho.

All the Vista Suite is - is a verandah.  No difference.  They just call them Vista Suites as there aren’t many verandahs on the Volendam compared to the Zuiderdam.  The rooms are larger than on the Zuiderdam.  All the S & R class ships seem to have larger rooms IME than the Vista class ships and above.

Got our confirmation from our TA tonight.

The Volendam was the first ship that DH and I went on together ( I had sailed before meeting him) so I have decided maybe it was meant to be.

We can still got o Santiago de Compostela and Barcelona pre cruise so we are doing it.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, kazu said:

Nope - They charged us $84 more per person.  I imagine that because the cabin I was assigned to on Volendam is considered a Vista Suite, that I needed to pay for my "upgrade".  No thanks, HAL!

Edited by Taters

6 hours ago, canadianbear said:

How can they possibly raise your price?  That is unethical isn’t it?  For ours they took off the price of the 2 days plus taxes/fees were adjusted.  No OBC though.    

Did your PCC have an answer as to why this happened to you?  Doesn’t make sense but this whole booking and changing ships and this whole year doesn’t make sense.

I’m so sorry you’ve cancelled but understand.  We are going to hang in there to see how it all shakes down.  Like you, we had booked a mid ship on Zuiderdam but given close to aft on Volendam.  Hoping our PCC can help down the road before final payment.  

I do wonder if HAL would prefer all of us that booked early cancel so they can sell the cabins at higher prices.  

We already knew we were going to cancel because we don't care for the smaller ship, the new itinerary, the shorter length of the cruise, or disembarking on Thanksgiving day.  I didn't ask my PCC for an explanation, but we did discuss his upcoming smoking of a wild boar with his friends. 🤣  Hubby and I simply don't care to go on this cruise, so there was nothing to hash out with our PCC.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, kazu said:

Got our confirmation from our TA tonight.

The Volendam was the first ship that DH and I went on together ( I had sailed before meeting him) so I have decided maybe it was meant to be.

We can still got o Santiago de Compostela and Barcelona pre cruise so we are doing it.

You must feel like the pricing was adequate, then.  Have fun on the cruise, Jacqui!

Annie

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Taters said:

Nope - They charged us $84 more per person.  I imagine that because the cabin I was assigned to on Volendam is considered a Vista Suite, that I needed to pay for my "upgrade".  No thanks, HAL!

I still don’t get that Annie as the cruise was shortened.  The Vista Suite is a verandah which is what you booked on the Zuiderdam.  I am just shaking my head.

16 minutes ago, Taters said:

You must feel like the pricing was adequate, then.  Have fun on the cruise, Jacqui!

Annie

Thanks.  My pricing was really much better than before.  I can’t figure it out but I probably couldn’t do better on an upsell.  I hope it’s not a mistake.  It’s more than the pro-rate I had calculated.  I’ll have to re-do the math but it’s all good.

It’s nearly too good to be true, but we’ll take it.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2020 at 2:20 PM, calebandjess said:

While I would love for the world to be in a place that makes our May 26 Med cruise on the (now) Volendam possible, it’s looking more and more unlikely that the summer European/Mediterranean season will happen, especially for Americans who would need to fly in. I’m wondering why HAL is going through the administrative headache of reassigning everyone from the Zuiderdam to the Volendam rather than just cancel. Are they really hopeful that they will still do 12-24 day sailings over there (ours is 12), or are they trying to roll cancellations out in phases, even if they know internally that sailings will eventually be cancelled? I know it’s all a guessing game at this point. I have tried to be optimistic, but I want to balance that with realism and safety, even though I have been dreaming of this cruise for years and have already had it cancelled twice due to COVID. I’ve also noticed the switched Volendam sailings still aren’t available for viewing on the HAL website...makes me wonder if they’ll ever even be put back on there. At this point, I’m itching for the Med 2022 sailings to be put on the website to start planning for a fourth time. 😅We have some of our hotels as well as our airfare booked but have only done 100% refundable rates. 

My booking on the Volendam has now been transferred to the Zuiderdam and I have my new booking number and cabin number (sailing date is Nov. 15, 2021).  Just checked HAL site and one can now view and book this sailing.  So things are moving along.

7 hours ago, Sue from Canada said:

My booking on the Volendam has now been transferred to the Zuiderdam and I have my new booking number and cabin number (sailing date is Nov. 15, 2021).  Just checked HAL site and one can now view and book this sailing.  So things are moving along.

Which itinerary is this? I’m having trouble accessing HAL .

10 hours ago, Sue from Canada said:

Are you talking about the November 18, 2021 Circle Hawaii cruise (not the 15th)?

I see our cruise (Volendam Nov.5-17 2021) is now open to new bookings. Even Neptune Suites appear to be available. The fares are less than what we paid but they don't include all the extras that we got.  I'm going to call our PCC on Friday and see if we can get a cheap upsell to a Neptune Suite. I feel we should get something for the downgraded accommodations (Signature Suite to Vista Suite)

34 minutes ago, kevingastreich said:

I see our cruise (Volendam Nov.5-17 2021) is now open to new bookings. Even Neptune Suites appear to be available. The fares are less than what we paid but they don't include all the extras that we got.  I'm going to call our PCC on Friday and see if we can get a cheap upsell to a Neptune Suite. I feel we should get something for the downgraded accommodations (Signature Suite to Vista Suite)

I’m confused by your dates.  The TA is November 10th and it is 15 days.  If you are on our roll call, please join us.  If you are on the November 10th sailing, come join our roll call.

The restricted fare is coming up automatically on the HAL website (I checked for a friend). The extras are still there - your PCC can give you the price.  Definitely worth a call to your PCC.

I agree with you, you should be able to get an upsell to a Neptune.  The Neptunes on the Volendam are larger and the verandahs deeper than on the Zuiderdam if that is any consolation.

17 hours ago, Taters said:

We were also 'upgraded' from a Verandah Guarantee on Zuiderdam to a Vista Suite on Volendam.  Our price was reduced by the pro rata amount (+/-).

Something is not right with your pricing.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, kazu said:

I’m confused by your dates.  The TA is November 10th and it is 15 days.  If you are on our roll call, please join us.  If you are on the November 10th sailing, come join our roll call.

The restricted fare is coming up automatically on the HAL website (I checked for a friend). The extras are still there - your PCC can give you the price.  Definitely worth a call to your PCC.

I agree with you, you should be able to get an upsell to a Neptune.  The Neptunes on the Volendam are larger and the verandahs deeper than on the Zuiderdam if that is any consolation.

Yes, sorry, my mistake. OCTOBER 5-17 2021.  Thanks.

2 minutes ago, kevingastreich said:

Yes, sorry, my mistake. OCTOBER 5-17 2021.  Thanks.

No worries.  We’re all getting covid fatigue and my fingers have been doing strange things on the keyboard lately.  LOL 😉 

31 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

We were also 'upgraded' from a Verandah Guarantee on Zuiderdam to a Vista Suite on Volendam.  Our price was reduced by the pro rata amount (+/-).

Something is not right with your pricing.

Now that Kevingsastreich  has clarified, I don’t think his/her itinerary changed so there was no pro-rate to be done.  So they have basically been charged extra to be in a Vista Suite.  Makes no sense to me.  Price should be the same unless the ports changed and then taxes will change, of course.   I hope they can get a Neptune at a discounted price.

36 minutes ago, kazu said:

Now that Kevingsastreich  has clarified, I don’t think his/her itinerary changed so there was no pro-rate to be done.  So they have basically been charged extra to be in a Vista Suite.  Makes no sense to me.  Price should be the same unless the ports changed and then taxes will change, of course.   I hope they can get a Neptune at a discounted price.

Actually I quoted @Taterswho was also booked on the TransAtlantic!  It gets confusing doesn't it?? 🤪