100 Shares of Carnival Stock Perk

LCTXcruiser

12 hours ago, DANCING GRANDMOMMY said:

It has just gone up 39%. If you are going to buy, it was $19.25 today. We bought ours in March for $15. (in Jan it was over $51)  and I understand it went down as low as $7.something. 

CCL will take a while to recover, but it could easily hit $30 in the next year, once they are able to restart operations and the vaccine is distributed.

4 hours ago, skywalkr2 said:

I made about $1000 buying and selling CCL this year.

I've made more money trading the travel stocks, including Carnival, in the past 5 1/2 months than I have in two years at my job.  Monday was a huge day for selling for anyone who bought the airlines and cruise stocks recently.  Good news doesn't seem to last long.  I think they will drop a bit in the next few weeks.  Even at today's price, I think Carnival is a good buy.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Calnev1 said:

Nah, you can just hold the shares and continue to pretend their worth something.  🙂

If you physically have them as opposed to being held by a stockbroker, I suppose they could be used as wallpaper.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2020 at 10:54 AM, travelhound said:

CCL will take a while to recover, but it could easily hit $30 in the next year, once they are able to restart operations and the vaccine is distributed.

I think it will go a lot higher than $30 Today it hit $20 RCL is running great for me also.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

I think it will go a lot higher than $30 Today it hit $20 RCL is running great for me also.

Hopefully it will get back to $30 someday.  But since the Pandemic started the stock has been diluted quite a bit by additional stock issued by Carnival, and Carnival also has a lot of new debt to service and pay off.  So I think Carnival will have to get back to full cruising health and maintain that health for a couple of years for $30  to be in the air.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

I hope so. That's about my average price. 

If I sold at $20 I'd take a huge loss, I have a lot of shares, and cant buy it back right away, the old wash sale rule. Sure hope it gets back over $30 some time. I think my original shares about 15 years ago were at 35, so I averaged down some. ..but caught now. Going to be selling and profit taking all the way back up. 

53 minutes ago, Calnev1 said:

Hopefully it will get back to $30 someday.  But since the Pandemic started the stock has been diluted quite a bit by additional stock issued by Carnival, and Carnival also has a lot of new debt to service and pay off.  So I think Carnival will have to get back to full cruising health and maintain that health for a couple of years for $30  to be in the air.

I agree it will take a long while to get back over $30. ...I'm like just dont go bankrupt and eventually I can get out with my skin intact. I'm also down in a couple of oil stocks.. but they are coming back better. 

Go ccl. 

8 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'm like just dont go bankrupt and eventually I can get out with my skin intact.

Go ccl. 

Amen to that!  Between the CCL stock, gift cards, and FCCs I still have a lot invested in Carnival.  Hang in there baby.

1 hour ago, Calnev1 said:

Advice to son this morning (he bought CCL @ 14 a couple of weeks ago).  The market's doing great today as is CCL.  Ships aren't sailing....not for a while (cannot define a while).  Take your 43% profit and run!   He did.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I hope so. That's about my average price. 

If I sold at $20 I'd take a huge loss, I have a lot of shares, and cant buy it back right away, the old wash sale rule. Sure hope it gets back over $30 some time. I think my original shares about 15 years ago were at 35, so I averaged down some. ..but caught now. Going to be selling and profit taking all the way back up. 

Yup, I think it will take some time to get above $30, but with several successful vaccines soon to start distribution, there is light at the end of the tunnel 🙂

3 minutes ago, glrounds said:

Not exactly new news. None of the cruiselines are selling cruises over 7 days thru nov 1st, 2021. Rcl removed them same time ccl removed them.

More interesting and not decided is b2bs. Princess stopped allowing them to be booked, but havent read carnival has changed it in their booking system. How would you get a covid test 3 to 5 days before your cruise if you are on a b2b. What are your options.

I read also celebrity has also started changing their 6/8 days, to 7 and 7. If you have a 8, prorate the extra day and $100 obc. 6 changed to 7 price protected. When will carnival start with dream etc?

Just removing them from being sold leaves people hanging.

14 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Not exactly new news. None of the cruiselines are selling cruises over 7 days thru nov 1st, 2021. Rcl removed them same time ccl removed them.

More interesting and not decided is b2bs . . . .

. . . .

Just removing them from being sold leaves people hanging.

You've posted that comment several times, and I do wonder if you've taken a moment to actually see that, yes, there are some who continue to offer, and advance-sell, cruises over seven days in length prior to November 2021.

True, they may get adjusted in a big way prior to embarkation date, but the offers do currently exist.

There was some discussion and consideration, as early as this past April, on how multiple stacked cruises (B2B) might be allowed and/or managed once the industry resumes. CDC presence was in those sessions, and I do not personally know what their eventual decision was when communicating with the various lines, but it was brought up early in the 'think tank committees'.

23 minutes ago, DGP1111 said:

You've posted that comment several times, and I do wonder if you've taken a moment to actually see that, yes, there are some who continue to offer, and advance-sell, cruises over seven days in length prior to November 2021.

True, they may get adjusted in a big way prior to embarkation date, but the offers do currently exist.

There was some discussion and consideration, as early as this past April, on how multiple stacked cruises (B2B) might be allowed and/or managed once the industry resumes. CDC presence was in those sessions, and I do not personally know what their eventual decision was when communicating with the various lines, but it was brought up early in the 'think tank committees'.

Name one cruiseline offering to sell cruises over 7 days. Rcl removed them at least a week ago. The new news they communicated to tas posted was they will get back to them in coming weeks, at .east they said something.

If you know of a cruiseline with a 8 days or longer on their site I'd like to know it, and I'll stop posting it.

It's my understanding cruiselines are unable to get a provisional cruising ok without stopping selling cruises 8 days and longer. That's why they all removed it from selling on their websites. Please provide a line still selling these, instead of saying its  ot true.,

This blogger had a vlog about how someone tried to book a b2b on princess and the booking was blocked by princess booking system. 

20201121_170200958.jpeg

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Name one cruiseline offering to sell cruises over 7 days . . .

One of, at least, two would be Norwegian Cruise Lines.

Transatlantic beginning in NYC (April 2021) for 15 days

Panama Canal beginning in Miami (April 2021) for 16 days

Alaska/Japan beginning in Seattle (October 2021) for 16 days

Canada/New England beginning in NYC (September 2021) for 9 days

Alaska beginning in Seattle (April - Sept 2021) for 9 days

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime!"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Name one cruiseline offering to sell cruises over 7 days. Rcl removed them at least a week ago. The new news they communicated to tas posted was they will get back to them in coming weeks, at .east they said something.

If you know of a cruiseline with a 8 days or longer on their site I'd like to know it, and I'll stop posting it.

It's my understanding cruiselines are unable to get a provisional cruising ok without stopping selling cruises 8 days and longer. That's why they all removed it from selling on their websites. Please provide a line still selling these, instead of saying its  ot true.,

This blogger had a vlog about how someone tried to book a b2b on princess and the booking was blocked by princess booking system. 

20201121_170200958.jpeg

MSC 10 and 11 night out of Florida February and further.

12 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

MSC 10 and 11 night out of Florida February and further.

Ok if it's not a ship registered in the usa, those will have to disappear before they can apply for a conditional sailing order. 

Let's look later on and see if any of these are sailing. 

But yep I see them, ok. 

Oddly enough I also saw a site advertising black friday deals. All the msc ones were for jan to march 2021. Maybe they think cruising out of italy exempts them, bit I found it odd the only weeks they were selling were ones almost for sure being cancelled, at great rates.

Edited by firefly333