Oasis Boardwalk Balcony

We have now adding our 15 year old daughter in our cabin due to some family members cancelling their cruise.  We originally had an ocean view balcony but it did not allow a third person in our cabin.  We now changed to a boardwalk balcony.  Believe me, I know not even close to the outside cabin I wanted.  😞    But still excited to be sailing on the Oasis!  Can anyone who has sailed on the Oasis and had a boardwalk balcony, tell me the good the bad and any other info you would like to share with me. We will be on deck 11.  Thank you!  

7 minutes ago, iluvcruises said:

We have now adding our 15 year old daughter in our cabin due to some family members cancelling their cruise.  We originally had an ocean view balcony but it did not allow a third person in our cabin.  We now changed to a boardwalk balcony.  Believe me, I know not even close to the outside cabin I wanted.  😞    But still excited to be sailing on the Oasis!  Can anyone who has sailed on the Oasis and had a boardwalk balcony, tell me the good the bad and any other info you would like to share with me. We will be on deck 11.  Thank you!  

We’ve sailed in them several times and have more booked.  One downside  was that it was still a bit noisy until about midnight.  The cabins are the exact same as the balcony that you would have had.  Great for  people watching.  As we rarely sit on the balcony and just like them for the ability to get fresh air we find the price point is often quite a bit better than an Oceanview. 

• Like 1

We did a Bordwalk stateroom on the Allure. It was neat for the reasons mentioned above (being able to people watch, having a place to watch shows at the Aqua Theatre right from your balcony), but I wouldn’t be inclined to book one again unless the price difference in relation to a regular ocean view balcony is substantial. 

After a few days, the indoor view got old....fast. I felt very disconnected from the ocean. Also, as someone mentioned above, we could still hear some music and people late into the evening. 

But overall, it was a step above an inside cabin, and I would be OK booking one again even if it’s not my first choice. 

• Like 1

On 11/1/2020 at 5:01 PM, iluvcruises said:

I think you're going to feel a bit crowded in this category cabin with three. JMHO

We've sailed in a Boardwalk on Harmony so very similar. I personally won't book this category again. The late night noise and just the feeling of a lack of privacy with cabin balconies right across from you...no thanks....again JMHO.

• Like 3

We’ve cruised in those staterooms twice with our family including two young grandchildren and throughly enjoyed both cruises.

The noise perhaps we were lucky but was never an issue to us we enjoyed the fresh air from our balconies could watch the aqua show and had an excellent view of the ocean.

For the price paid we all thought they were a very good deal.

• Like 1

We find the location much too noisy.  We much prefer a central park view balcony.  It is quiet and peaceful.  You get an outside view and a small balcony.  Great if your budget is a concern.  The cabins above the stores in Central park have big picture windows and a sitting alcove- they are a little larger then the balcony cabins.  My husband and I shared the cabin with our 13 year old granddaughter and we managed fine.

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Like 2

We really enjoyed a Boardwalk room on Symphony.  It's fun to people watch, and see what's going on.  We were about half way down so we did watch a bit of the Aqua show after seeing it once.  I also liked that you can see the water in the background. Your teenager will probably love it.  The noise didn't bother us.  Just bring ear plugs for night in case it's too loud for you.

We've put 4 in a stateroom (2 kids, 2 adults) and managed just fine.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2020 at 8:13 PM, GTO-Girl said:

We have booked Boardwalk balconies many times!  Great for people watching and even watching the Aqua show.  For us the noise factor was very minimal.

We love these balconies!!!

Since the Abyss has been added to Oasis, the view of the Aqua-Theater has been all but eliminated. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Since the Abyss has been added to Oasis, the view of the Aqua-Theater has been all but eliminated. 

We have booked Boardwalk balconies on multiple Oasis class ships before and after the Abyss was added.  We still love them....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ashland said:

I think you're going to feel a bit crowded in this category cabin with three. JMHO

We've sailed in a Boardwalk on Harmony so very similar. I personally won't book this category again. The late night noise and just the feeling of a lack of privacy with cabin balconies right across from you...no thanks....again JMHO.

Oceanview balcony cabins, boardwalk balcony cabins and central park balcony cabins are all exactly the same.  Same size.  Same everything, except for the view.

• Like 2

I've booked boardwalk balconies a few times, and we always get as far aft as possible. We've been lucky to be last or next to last cabin, it's a walk, but the views are better. We get a view of the Aqua Theater and of the ocean, even with the Abyss.

• Like 3

We stayed in a boardwalk balcony on Oasis.  It beats an inside room and the space is good for the price.  But, I missed the ocean and ocean views are limited on Oasis class.  If we sail on Oasis class again (which I don't think we will) it would have to be in an ocean view balcony.  

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

We have booked Boardwalk balconies on multiple Oasis class ships before and after the Abyss was added.  We still love them....

Don't take me wrong, its a great room category; I was just wanted the OP yo know that on this particular ship the Aqua view was severely diminished  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

Oceanview balcony cabins, boardwalk balcony cabins and central park balcony cabins are all exactly the same.  Same size.  Same everything, except for the view.

The OP was planning on an oceanview with two occupants. I said nothing about the comparable size of the cabins, I did say it was "JMHO" that it might seem crowded with three. That is my opinion.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, WyKnott said:

I've booked boardwalk balconies a few times, and we always get as far aft as possible. We've been lucky to be last or next to last cabin, it's a walk, but the views are better. We get a view of the Aqua Theater and of the ocean, even with the Abyss.

We had the last four cabins on deck #9...Harmony, and we did find the Abyss an obstruction. Glad you didn't feel the same. We were excited to give this new category a chance because we were cruising with the extended family that included young kids. They enjoyed it...but we won't be considering this category again.

• Like 2

We booked the last BW View Balcony on Oasis on Deck 9. From the looks of it, the Abyss will block some of the view, but too much. Full view of the Boardwalk below and all that is going will be nice. I don't plan on spending much time in the room or the balcony, but when I am there, it is nice to people watch.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, bigrednole said:

We booked the last BW View Balcony on Oasis on Deck 9. From the looks of it, the Abyss will block some of the view, but too much. Full view of the Boardwalk below and all that is going will be nice. I don't plan on spending much time in the room or the balcony, but when I am there, it is nice to people watch.

You can easily watch the people in the cabins across from you too.....keep those drapes closed :classic_wink:

• Like 5

I had one once , just for the novelty , on deck 9 , 5 cabins from the end .

You could see out the back to the ocean, see the aqua show and even monday night football on the big screens back there.

This was before they put the big slides in.

Went back to ocean view balconies after we tried it once.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2020 at 9:13 PM, GTO-Girl said:

We have booked Boardwalk balconies many times!  Great for people watching and even watching the Aqua show.  For us the noise factor was very minimal.

We love these balconies!!!

Ditto!    We really enjoyed being able to watch all the activities, aqua show, movies as well as see the ocean from our cabins.   usually get one in the area of cabin 10325.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Ditto!    We really enjoyed being able to watch all the activities, aqua show, movies as well as see the ocean from our cabins.   usually get one in the area of cabin 10325.

We’ve had 325 and 327 several times...deck 12 though, closer to the Flowrider. 

• Like 2

On 11/3/2020 at 1:08 PM, Merion_Mom said:

Actually, the central park view stateroom , just over the shops and restaurants, has a big picture window with a sitting area under the window- it is slightly bigger then the Central Park Balcony View- not sure about the cabins on the boardwalk above the stores without balconies.