Transfer booking from TA to RCI?

Lyndonn

8 hours ago, Lyndonn said:

Our RCI booking was originally booked with a Travel Agent and I would now like to transfer my booking back to Royal Caribbean. Is that possible?   Thank you 

why , it has been a very bad time for TA some will just not be there and heaps of staff been sacked .you made your bed so just lie in it 😇

10 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

You need to get the OK from your travel agent.  If you have had trouble or no response from the TA then Royal may take your booking back without TA approval. 

9 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It is only under the most extreme circumstances that Royal will take a booking away from a TA without their permission 

Neither of these is true.  We called RCL and they were very cooperative about taking the booking away from the TA.  We were not asked if we had approval from the TA. All that was required was a simple email stating that we wanted our booking transferred to RCL.

1 hour ago, crazyank said:

Neither of these is true.  We called RCL and they were very cooperative about taking the booking away from the TA.  We were not asked if we had approval from the TA. All that was required was a simple email stating that we wanted our booking transferred to RCL.

Why ? You booked via a TA ? Did you FA ? just asking for a friend ...😇

11 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It is only under the most extreme circumstances that Royal will take a booking away from a TA without their permission 

Royal is one of those companies that I 100% trust. I doubt they could do anything without a prior notice, especially when it comes to taking someone's booking away. We need more info on that 

12 minutes ago, Lyndonn said:

Thank you for your replies.  Our booking was made about 18 months ago with the TA.  Sadly with the pandemic I no longer am able to receive a response from the TA.  

If you are questioned by Royal I'm sure that that is all the reason you need.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

If you are questioned by Royal I'm sure that that is all the reason you need.

I think happened to me once and first they tried to call the TA and see if they answered before they did it. .. but that was regular not covid times.

• Like 2