The Daily for Friday Nov 13, 2020

richwmn

today is Friday the 13th, Caregiver Appreciation Day, and National Indian Pudding Day

The most important things, each person must do for himself.

Meal suggestion for today - Butternut Squash Ravioli with Seared Chicken

Drink of the Day - Mojito

Wine of the day - Chartogne-Taillet Brut Champagne Cuvée Ste.-Anne vintage NV

Bonaire Anchorage
Oosterdam

Caracas Bay
Eurodam

Katakolo Greece Anchorage
Noordam
Zuiderdam

Panama Anchorage Pacific
Koningsdam

Torquay Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam
Volendam
Westerdam
Zaandam

Willemstad
Nieuw Amsterdam

1113World.png

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 5

Thank you Rich, and happy Friday the 13th.  The last Friday the 13th I was  in port of QM2 in Australia.  Caregivers definitely deserve many appreciation days, but I'll pass on the Indian Pudding.  Love the quote and the meal suggestion.  My alternative is Chilled Bannana Soup, Spaghetti a la Americana, and Peach Berry Crisp, as served on the Prinsendam October 13, 2017:

https://solocabinchallenge.files.wordpress.com/2017/11/dishes13.jpg

Today's care list:

Mrs Vmax with radiation looming

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

Recovery from Eta

Huge Covid spikes, especially the US and Italy

Patience and healing for the USA

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and shoutouts:

Front Line Health Care Workers

Teachers and school workers

Fall colors

Hope for a vaccine

A birthday for StLouisCruisers son

and seal Pipi Longstocking returned to sea after ear canal surgery

Roy                                

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

Good morning Rich, Roy, and all the dailyites.  Yes it is Friday the 13th and in 2020 something to be wary of.  LOL  Caregivers need to be appreciated everyday and, like Roy, I'll pass on the Indian pudding.

Prayers and congratulations to our lists.  Not aware of Pipi Longstocking and surgery.

Mojito:

Ingredients: 1 1/2 oz White rum, 1 oz Fresh lime juice, 2 teaspoons Sugar, 6 leaves of Mint, Soda Water
Preparation: Mint sprigs muddled with sugar and lime juice. Rum added and topped with soda water. Garnished with sprig of mint leaves. Served with a straw.
Served: On the rocks; poured over ice
Standard garnish: Sprig of mint, Yerba buena

Stay safe, social distance, and please please wear your mask.
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂 

Caregivers are always appreciated but never so much as this year with all of the challenges they have faced.

Love the quote and the meal suggestion even though I don’t have the fixings for it.

A mojito would be great on a ship 😉 ohh a champagne.  Can’t wait to hear cat’s description.  I am betting the price is out of my range 😉 

It certainly is Friday the 13th.  Friday the 13th in 2020 - what could possibly go wrong 😳 

FFB08182-A4F9-4E99-B91A-2694176E39AC.thumb.jpeg.68215cf01aad67e5bcc5dc1f06220388.jpeg

Prayers to everyone on Roy’s Care List & for all those who need them & a toast (but not with the wine of the day) to everyone on the Celebratory/Shout Out list.

Have a great Friday everyone, even if it is the 13th.  Stay safe and don’t forget your masks. 😷 

• Like 14

1 hour ago, richwmn said:

today is Friday the 13th, Caregiver Appreciation Day, and National Indian Pudding Day

The most important things, each person must do for himself.

Meal suggestion for today - Butternut Squash Ravioli with Seared Chicken

Drink of the Day - Mojito

Wine of the day - Chartogne-Taillet Brut Champagne Cuvée Ste.-Anne vintage NV

Bonaire Anchorage
Oosterdam

Caracas Bay
Eurodam

Katakolo Greece Anchorage
Noordam
Zuiderdam

Panama Anchorage Pacific
Koningsdam

Torquay Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam
Volendam
Westerdam
Zaandam

Willemstad
Nieuw Amsterdam

1113World.png

I guess the ravioli has a butter and sage sauce?

• Like 2

Lord a tropical storm and a Friday the 13th all in one week!!   Now this is too much!   Ok, could you add us to your prayer.   This year has been the worse I can remember.  First, last february I lost my reading sight after cataract surgery, then dh was in a serious accident and had to have his whole left shoulder replaced, after surgery he developed a large blood clot.  So far it is being controlled by meds.  And now we both are positive for Covid.  We are in quarantine and will be in quarantine until right before thanksgiving!   

Anyway enough of my rotten year.  Both menus sound awesome, but the mojito gets my vote hands down!!! 

Great quote of the day!!!!   

Here is my contribution to the daily.     On this day, November 13, 1982 the Vietnam Veterans War Memorial was dedicated. I hope none of us ever forget their sacrifices.

Sending prayers to all on the prayer list and congradulations to all on the celebrations and shout out list.

• Like 15

3 minutes ago, Hflors said:

Ok, could you add us to your prayer.   This year has been the worse I can remember.  First, last february I lost my reading sight after cataract surgery, then dh was in a serious accident and had to have his whole left shoulder replaced, after surgery he developed a large blood clot.  So far it is being controlled by meds.  And now we both are positive for Covid. 

Oh my gosh.  How awful.  Prayers coming your way.

Roy

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

I guess the ravioli has a butter and sage sauce?

Here are two possible ways to make it, try one and let us know how you like it.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/219174/easy-butternut-squash-ravioli/

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/butternut-squash-ravioli-2222899

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Hflors said:

Lord a tropical storm and a Friday the 13th all in one week!!   Now this is too much!   Ok, could you add us to your prayer.   This year has been the worse I can remember.  First, last february I lost my reading sight after cataract surgery, then dh was in a serious accident and had to have his whole left shoulder replaced, after surgery he developed a large blood clot.  So far it is being controlled by meds.  And now we both are positive for Covid.  We are in quarantine and will be in quarantine until right before thanksgiving! 

I am so sorry for your terrible year.   Prayers for a mild case of COVID and a quick recovery.   

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, Hflors said:

Anyway enough of my rotten year.  Both menus sound awesome, but the mojito gets my vote hands down!!! 

Great quote of the day!!!!   

Here is my contribution to the daily.     On this day, November 13, 1982 the Vietnam Veterans War Memorial was dedicated. I hope none of us ever forget their sacrifices.

Sending prayers to all on the prayer list and congradulations to all on the celebrations and shout out list.

Wow, that’s pretty bad, hope things improve and your quarantine is uneventful.

• Like 3

Good morning Rich. Thank you for another week of the Daily. I always wake up looking forward to seeing where our dam ships are and talking to our Daily-ites.

Good morning Daily-ites, and my sweet sisters Denise and Ann. Anything going on with y'all this weekend? 

Thank you Roy for prayers and cheers. Has anyone heard from KK lately? She and Joe have been on my prayer list for quite awhile. And will pray for @Hflors healing.

I have tried Indian pudding numerous times and have never enjoyed it. Smells great but the taste not so much. Perhaps I'll stay home today with Friday the 13th looming. And, being somewhat of a caregiver for my sweet husband, my heart goes out to all caregivers.

Have a great weekend, be safe, pray for healing of our nation.

Friday 13th Movie Jason Croc ~ Silly Bunt

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Hflors said:

Oh NO 😱 😭. What a year you have had and now, covid 😢 

So sorry to hear this.  You are both in my prayers 🙏🏻 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Has anyone heard from KK lately? She and Joe have been on my prayer list for quite awhile.

I heard from her about 4 weeks ago.  things were pretty much the same at the time.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

Yikes, Friday 13th in 2020.

it’s the 2nd one.  The last one was in March when the virus hit and we went into lockdown here.  Doesn’t bode well for this one, does it?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! A great combo of days! I believe this Friday the 13th will be lucky for everyone, since it occurs in 2020! At least we all deserve a break! Edited to say I just read Jacqui’s post about what happened on the first Friday the 13th!

@Hflors, prayers and good wishes winging their way to you. Be very careful and ease your way back into your normal routine, once you recover. The one recurring theme from the survivors that I know - loss of stamina. And these are very active folk. Some very athletic.

Thank you for reminding us about the Viet Nam Memorial. It was my favorite site to take visitors, when I worked in D.C. - most remembered how poorly we treated the veterans of this war, and the visit ALWAYS brought the sacrifice of both the fallen and the survivors to the forefront. Most people could not talk during the entire walk.  My second favorite place to bring visitors was the American History Museum’s display of items left at the Wall.

Thank you for keeping our lists Roy! Morning Dailyites & my Sisters! We have a sparkling white wine today - a true Champagne!

Love the quote. Tonight is halibut & ? for me. @Sharon in AZ, I found a great online site for Alaska salmon & halibut: vital choice.com. The site you recommended looked great, but I can customize my order a bit better on this site. I will skip the drink, not a real fan of mint. I will toast the caregivers of the world tonight. Roy is right, 2020 has been very hard on them. And I love homemade Indian pudding!

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers for all who are celebrating!

Stay well everyone!

Georgia, good luck with your recount!

@kazuI could not find an online vendor for the 2015 vintage of this excellently rated sparkling wine from Champagne, France. But I found the 2016 vintage for $41.99. You might even find it at a lower price locally. The winemaker does need to work on making their notes more appealing: chalky? Oysters? Talc? BTW, “rs” stands for residual sugar.

#87 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2017

This is becoming very fine, and watch out; it's entirely different from its old apples-and-butter form, more oystery and chalky and ginger and talc, with the apple-butter thing skulking in the mid-palate. It's racy, on the tensile side. I'd be a lot happier with three more grams of rs, but you won't agree if you prefer a vigorously dry Champagne. 

WS92
Wine Spectator:  A bright, finely meshed version that shows beautiful harmony throughout, offering flavors of Gala apple, spring forest, almond pastry and lemon curd riding the creamy mousse. Lasting, spiced finish. Disgorged February 2016. Drink now through 2022.
Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 13

1 minute ago, cat shepard said:

But I found the 2016 vintage for $41.99. You might even find it at a lower price locally.

Cat - our wine & liquor prices here in New Brunswick are always MUCH higher than in the States.  We are like kids in a candy store when we visit Total Wine.  Choices we don’t have and much better pricing on the ones we do have here.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, kazu said:

Cat - our wine & liquor prices here in New Brunswick are always MUCH higher than in the States.  We are like kids in a candy store when we visit Total Wine.  Choices we don’t have and much better pricing on the ones we do have here.

I am sorry Jacqui. The online price tag for this champagne is right in line with the price of a good champagne at my local vendor.

• Like 5