The Daily for Friday Nov 13, 2020

richwmn

37 minutes ago, kazu said:

it’s the 2nd one.  The last one was in March when the virus hit and we went into lockdown here.  Doesn’t bode well for this one, does it?

Jacqui and Denise @DeeniEncinitas There's no way I would forget Friday, March 13th! It was that night we were sitting in the dining room on Oosterdam that we were told we would be getting off the ship in San Diego the next day and our last 5 weeks of our cruise was cancelled. Denise was kicked off the Rotterdam. 

• Like 8

A champagne for wine of the day!  That's what we need to get us through another Friday the 13th. 😉

Thank you for the well wishes for my darling son's birthday.  It seems he enjoyed celebrating with his wife and two sons and at least we were able to talk by phone.

@Hflorswe will surely all add you to our prayers because you two have certainly had the worst year ever.  Hoping 2021 is much, much better for you both (and everybody else as well). 

• Like 8

My last Friday the 13th even got off to an ominous start.  We were at what turned out to be the last port of call, Busselton, and it's a tender port.  The dock is almost a mile long and our tender driver took us to the wrong side of the pier, and when he discovered the area we had to go back to the ocean to get on the right side.

It was 2 days later in Fremantle that we got word the cruise was ending, and we had to be off the next day.

Roy

• Like 6

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  I'm a little late to the party because I slept in; normally I'm up at the crack of dark, but today didn't open the peepers until it was nearly 8! 

I'm sorry to hear that one of ours @Hflors is among those diagnosed with Covid; take care, pamper yourselves, and hopefully you'll emerge unscathed.

Friday the 13th; and yes, I'm a superstitious person. I'll be throwing salt over my left shoulder more than once today, I'm sure! 

Looking back at my memories on this day came one from a stopover at the Minneapolis airport while coming home from our first trans-Atlantic in 2014:  The woman at the next table looked at me and said "Can you tell me if the buffalo burger is chicken or pork?"  I told her it was buffalo or bison, to which she replied "I guess I'll have the fish."  LOL

Great menu suggestions (had to look up Indian pudding), but DH is cooking tonight, so that means we'll likely have pizza delivered; I'm good with that!  And wine!

Prayers for everyone who needs them, and even for those who don't think they do.  Raising the wine glasses to toast all on the celebration list.  Stay well, be safe!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 11

I have not previously posted on this forum but I certainly enjoy reading it and I appreciate all of the contributions.

Here is my story for Friday the 13th.

I would consider it a lucky day.  My first date with my wife Kim was on Friday, September 13th, 1974.  I took her to the drive in movies where we saw “The Exorcist”. You can’t get more romantic than that!

We just celebrate our 43rd wedding anniversary in October.

Donald

• Like 12
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, bdrcole said:

I have not previously posted on this forum but I certainly enjoy reading it and I appreciate all of the contributions.

I would consider it a lucky day.  My first date with my wife Kim was on Friday, September 13th, 1974.  I took her to the drive in movies where we saw “The Exorcist”. You can’t get more romantic than that!

Donald

Welcome to the Daily 🙂 

• Like 4

Well, it must be Friday the 13th.  All the “likes” seem to have disappeared from this thread 😞 

And to make my day perfect, I lost the entire Future Cruise Listing.  So, now I have to copy and paste and re do the highlighting of the ships & a bunch of other stuff 😞 

• Like 4

image.jpeg.e7d2cf75db629e7860032fddc87bcefd.jpeg
🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

GOOD MORNING AND YES IT IS A GOOD 

DAY!! 
🙏First off my prayers go out to hflors!!!!

May you get through this and we will pray for your healing and lots of virtual hugs to both of you!!

🌺Dear Rich and Roy!! From our daily quotes, food, drinks and our blue hull beauties, to our days of celebrations and care lists! You guys are the best!

🌺Dear Ann, thank you! Love the champagne you have described!! On my list.Hope your day is great too!

🌺My sister Joy!! Yes it brings back some sad memories for both of us last year on March 13th!  On the bright side is we will all cruise again AND we are all well. Have a wonderful weekend with Allen too!

🌺Summer! I read what you wrote to my sister and I want to say Thank you for what you said. “I too wish I had known you on our cruise!!” That would of been fun! Mojitos🍹

WOW NOW THERE IS A DRINK BOTH DAVID AND SOOOOOOO

ENJOY  ON OUR HAL CRUISES!!

FYI: Our area had a black out around 6:30! We were having a celebratory dinner of a bottle of champagne and appetizers and the night was great! With candles outside it was nice! Thank goodness I wasn’t cooking! The power was out until around 10, and came on just as we were heading to bed.

PRAYERS TO ALL, MAY THIS WEEKEND BE A GOOD ONE TO ALL.

Denise😊

• Like 10

11 minutes ago, kazu said:

Well, it must be Friday the 13th.  All the “likes” seem to have disappeared from this thread 😞 

And to make my day perfect, I lost the entire Future Cruise Listing.  So, now I have to copy and paste and re do the highlighting of the ships & a bunch of other stuff 😞 

🌺OMGOSH JACQUI!

I thought My phone was acting up! 
So sorry for you now having to do extra work on the FCL!!! I sure hope CC fixes this quickly!

Denise😊

• Like 5

Thanks Cat for checking in on me yesterday. I have been battling winter introducing itself. I woke to ten degrees and trailer had frozen pipes. Today I get my 4 wheel drive serviced and a tire rotation in preparation for a trip with my trailer to parts unknown but warmer. Here is my sunrise from yesterday. Today I was driving into town. 

ACF1BF0A-438F-49D7-AB0F-734CAC9DCEDF.jpeg

Edited by lindaler
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, bdrcole said:

Donald

Welcome to the posting Dailyites, you romantic fool, you!  Congrats on your recent anniversary!

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, kazu said:

I am so sorry about your list, Jacqui!  I just noticed the “likes” have disappeared!

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, kazu said:

I wondered about the likes - I thought I just didn't know how to activate the first one on a post. 😄 

I'll have to check to see if I still have my follow for the newest Future Cruises. 

Friday the 13th 2020 - what else!!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, lindaler said:

Thanks Cat for checking in on me yesterday. I have been battling winter introducing itself. I woke to ten degrees and trailer had frozen pipes. Today I get my 4 wheel drive serviced and a tire rotation in preparation for a trip with my trailer to parts unknown but warmer. Here is my sunrise from yesterday. Today I was driving into town. 

ACF1BF0A-438F-49D7-AB0F-734CAC9DCEDF.jpeg

Great to see you, Linda. Hope you had a great time with your Sister & BIL!

That picture looks like a water color painting!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Happily@Sea said:

I wondered about the likes - I thought I just didn't know how to activate the first one on a post. 😄 

I'll have to check to see if I still have my follow for the newest Future Cruises. 

We can't 'edit' our posts either.

I do still have FCL listed as following for Nov 13th

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Happily@Sea said:

We can't 'edit' our posts either.

I do still have FCL listed as following for Nov 13th

Click on the three dots in the upper right corner of your post. Edit has moved there. I just checked my last one to make certain that option is still there.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

I am so sorry about your list, Jacqui!  I just noticed the “likes” have disappeared!

Thanks.   I just HAD to whine 😉 

18 minutes ago, Happily@Sea said:

Oh no worries, the thread and listing is there on the boards and I am re-doing the listing from it.  For some reason, I somehow lost it on word press.  I have no idea how or what I did (I’ve been using word press for some time between this and halfacts) to lose it or if there was a system blow up, but it was gone.

it will be back though 😉 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Click on the three dots in the upper right corner of your post. Edit has moved there. I just checked my last one to make certain that option is still there.

I don't seem to have the three dots.   I have a box and the options are share and report, no edit.  

• Like 3