The Daily for Friday Nov 13, 2020

richwmn

4 minutes ago, dfish said:

I don't seem to have the three dots.   I have a box and the options are share and report, no edit.  

I can see the 3 dots in your post - upper right hand corner.

2DEA027A-9251-41BC-B3DB-8E5A06D43634.thumb.png.0ca7a221f5d9d6c342b3bcf8374c741e.png

The option to edit only appears on your own post if you are within the time line to edit.  Otherwise all you see are share & report.

Hope this makes sense?

edited to say - like cat, I am on an ipad.

• Like 5

Good morning, all, Friday the 13th or not!
The last Friday the 13 I was on the Amsterdam. It was the day after a storm had deep sixed everyone’s plans in Cairns, with none of us knowing that it would be the last excursion port of call on the GWV. Then we circled Australia unwelcome and hoping to be allowed to land somewhere - anywhere, as the news got worse and worse. Finally we ended up in Perth. Let’s hope this one is better, but it has started out with over 1 1/2 inches of rain overnight, and I can’t put likes on anyone’s posts, so maybe not.

Today I might just skip the meal suggestion entirely and go directly to Mojito’s and Champagne!

@Hflors, I’m so sorry that after a horrible year you both now have Covid. I hope it touches you lightly and enduring quarantine is the worst that happens.Stay safe!

• Like 10

Good morning all!  Thank you Kazu and others who mentioned that the "likes" have disappeared.  I thought it was just me!

@Hflorsoh my goodness, I'm so sorry.  Prayers for a mild case and better health soon.  

Caregivers Day -- my dear Dad had 2 wonderful ladies caring for him in his last years.  He was able to stay in his own home because of them.  We called them his "Day-time Lady" and "Night-time Lady" LOL.  They treated him with such love, we owe them a lot.

I had to look up Indian Pudding, and like others will pass.  Hoping this Friday the 13th will be uneventful!  I'm not generally superstitious but with 2020 all bets are off!

• Like 10

Happy Friday the 13th!! 

636590400922333329-Friday-the-13th.jpg?width=3200&height=1680&fit=crop

Maybe a Mojito will bring good luck!

We are agonizing about what to do about Thanksgiving. We planned on having our son and his girlfriend over for the traditional spread, but the virus surge has us spooked! His birthday is the 27th so it was to be a joint celebration. 

Here is the Thanksgiving feast from 2006 at my parents place in Green Valley, AZ -

image.thumb.png.40e52af022f2a06bd465c0fdadf47172.png

• Like 16

6 minutes ago, Overhead Fred said:

We are agonizing about what to do about Thanksgiving. We planned on having our son and his girlfriend over for the traditional spread, but the virus surge has us spooked! His birthday is the 27th so it was to be a joint celebration.

So many of us are in the same situation 😞  

Our DSIL is in the medical field and being very careful to keep us safe. The holidays this year will be very different. 

• Like 7

Good morning, thanks Rich, Roy et al!  Champagne and mojitos  sound like the perfect antidote for today!   I love Indian rice pudding!  Yum,  with cardamom and fruit or their mango pudding.  
@Overhead Fredyour table brought back lovely memories,  as my mom had the same China ❤️

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, cat shepard said:

Click on the three dots in the upper right corner of your post. Edit has moved there. I just checked my last one to make certain that option is still there.

I only have 'Share' and 'report' in my three dots - but thanks anyway. 

Sorry, the one I tried it on was out of date. 'edit' is on this current one. Thanks, all.

Edited by Happily@Sea
new info.
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, kazu said:

2DEA027A-9251-41BC-B3DB-8E5A06D43634.thumb.png.0ca7a221f5d9d6c342b3bcf8374c741e.png

The option to edit only appears on your own post if you are within the time line to edit.  Otherwise all you see are share & report.

Hope this makes sense?

Hmm, I see the three dots in your screenshare.  Posting this will be the test.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Hope this makes sense?

Thanks, Jacqui,  I found that to be true. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Overhead Fred said:

Happy Friday the 13th!! 

636590400922333329-Friday-the-13th.jpg?width=3200&height=1680&fit=crop

Maybe a Mojito will bring good luck!

Here is the Thanksgiving feast from 2006 at my parents place in Green Valley, AZ -

image.thumb.png.40e52af022f2a06bd465c0fdadf47172.png

I am hosting the meal at my place because I can easily get 8 people seated in a socially distant manner outside. I need to find wipe dispensers that look like turkeys & I am good.

But in a pinch I could seat the same number inside, but it would be weird because of the floor plan of my family space.

• Like 8

@Overhead FredI love the china your parents have - Old Country Roses; my favourite aunt also had the same pattern.  When she turned 65, she gave away her daily dishes and began using her good china; she said "Who am I saving this for?  Are we (my uncle and her) not special enough to use it?"  Every day it graced her table until she passed away about 20 years later.  I'd like to do that also, but ours is gold rimmed and would never make it in the microwave!  It does well in the dishwasher, but the mic would be the end of it!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 12

Good afternoon.  I would love to be on a ship sipping a mojito.  CD Linda Minkin used to call them the swamp drink because of the mint in the bottom of the glass.  

The only Friday the 13th that sticks in our memories is Friday, December 13, 1968.  That was the day DH was drafted.  We really can't blame the day since it was going to happen no matter the day.  Just thought it was ironic that it happened on Friday the 14th.

• Like 8

Good afternoon everyone. I am just rejoining the party..... my silly computer decided it needed a time off and has been vacationing with my tech for the last few days. It is much happier now... and my wallet is a bit lighter. Anyway.... my prayers to those who need them. It looks like it will be a long winter.

Susan

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, durangoscots said:

Good afternoon everyone. I am just rejoining the party..... my silly computer decided it needed a time off and has been vacationing with my tech for the last few days. It is much happier now... and my wallet is a bit lighter. Anyway.... my prayers to those who need them. It looks like it will be a long winter.

Susan

Welcome back!  Sorry you had 'puter problems; hope they're all fixed now.

A long winter . . . you're right!

Smooth Sailing!

Gerry

• Like 3

Great news everyone!  My granddaughter (the one who voted for the first time earlier this month), came down with something Wednesday and everyone thought it was COVID.  She tested negative for the flu so they sent off a test for COVID and it just came back Negative!  It must be some other virus but boy, am I happy that half my family doesn't have to quarantine at home now.  Poor thing had most of the symptoms of COVID, too, but there are other viruses out there.  We seem to forget about that these days.

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Great news everyone!  My granddaughter (the one who voted for the first time earlier this month), came down with something Wednesday and everyone thought it was COVID.  She tested negative for the flu so they sent off a test for COVID and it just came back Negative!  It must be some other virus but boy, am I happy that half my family doesn't have to quarantine at home now.  Poor thing had most of the symptoms of COVID, too, but there are other viruses out there.  We seem to forget about that these days.

Awesome news.  I hope she feels better soon.

Roy

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I am so happy for your great news!!!! Thank God!  We came back from Costco and was amazed how no toilet paper at all or paper towels!!! ALREADY IT IS GOING BACK TO HOW IT WAS IN MARCH!! BUT plenty of wine/champagne/and Dave’s cognac LOL! Again happy your granddaughter is negative!! Happy Day for sure!

Denise😊

• Like 6