The Daily for Monday Nov 16, 2020

richwmn

today is Button Day, Have a Party With Your Bear Day, and International Tolerance Day

You can't judge a book by the way it wears its hair.

You definitely intend to start living sometime soon.

Meal suggestion for today - Roasted Parmesan Chicken and Tomatoes

Drink of the Day - Moscow Mule

Wine of the day - Forge Riesling Finger Lakes Classique vintage 2015

at Sea English Channel
Nieuw Statendam destination Brest France eta 11/17

Katakolo Greece Anchorage
Noordam
Zuiderdam

Panama Anchorage Pacific
Koningsdam

Torquay Anchorage
Volendam
Westerdam
Zaandam

Willemstad
Eurodam
Nieuw Amsterdam
Oosterdam

1116Greece.png

1116Tor.png

1116Caribbean.png

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3

Thank you for the Daily, Rich.  I'll pass on the Button and Bear days but National Tolerance Day is so needed.  I love both quotes and my alternate meal suggestion is fairly close to yours, Chilled Blueberry Soup, Oven Roasted Chicken, and Key Lime Pie, as served on the Prinsendam November 16, 2017:

https://solocabinchallenge.files.wordpress.com/2017/11/dishes1116.jpg

Getting really hard to keep up with all the new Covid cases:

Today's care list:

Mrs Vmax with radiation looming

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

Hflors and DH, both Covid positive, after her losing reading sight and a serious accident for DH

Covid personally touching durangoscots, Hflors, StLouisCruisers, and cruisemom42 (I hope I got you all)

Dfish’s brother

Pretty much the whole US and Covid

Patience and healing for the USA

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and shoutouts:

Front Line Health Care Workers and support staff

Teachers and school workers

Hope for a vaccine

Improvement for Hflors

Successful space launch

New Zealand dealing successfully with Covid

Roy                                

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂 

That’s an interesting combination of days.  I’ll celebrate International Tolerance Day as we need tolerance every single day.  It’s never been more important than it is in these times.

Love the quotes and I’m trying to follow the 2nd one 😉 

The meal suggestion sounds good and I think it will be on the menu tonight.

It’s pouring rain here, teaming and they are calling for very high winds.  Figures as it’s compost/recycling day tomorrow so all the bags of leaves and recycling have to be out on the curb by tonight 😢 

Oh well, it is what it is.  Have to accomplish something today.

77AEA20F-D38C-4A4D-A2B6-4E5651830BF5.jpeg.19eea8dcd3454b3b08b6b0a614cad11a.jpeg

Excellent news this morning on the Moderna vaccine with 94.5% effectiveness 😀 

Prayers for everyone on Roy’s Care list & for any who need them and a toast to everyone on the Celebratory/Shout Out list.

• Like 21

Good Monday morning everyone.  Thank you Rich for the wonderful maps and Roy for your upkeep of the lists.

I'll pass on the first two days, but need to REALLY practice tolerance day everyday.

The quotes are interesting.  I love the menu, will save that for the next time I buy chicken.

Moscow Mule:

Ingredients: 1 1/2 oz Vodka, 1/6 oz Lime juice, 4 oz Ginger beer
Preparation: Combine vodka and ginger beer in a copper mug or highball glass filled with ice. Add lime juice. Stir gently and garnish with a lime slice.
Served: On the rocks; poured over ice.

Many prayers for our care list.  It's heartbreaking that it is getting longer because of Covid.  Congratulations to our list.

Stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.  Be cautious when planning the upcoming holiday.
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! I can almost picture you rubbing your hands together as you select each Daily’s combo of days to celebrate. Like @kazu I will focus on Tolerance Day.  There is a fine line between tolerance and enabling, and it is not always easy to see. We need the first every day. But we need to avoid the second.

Thank you for our lists, Roy. Morning Dailyites & my Sisters. We have another Riesling today! @DeeniEncinitas, you are on Joy’s and my radar. Hope you are having fun. 

That first quote is a humdinger! The meal sounds good. The drink sounds intriguing. I might try one on my next cruise.

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all we are celebrating.

Stay well everyone. 

Ah, the irony of wine! I could only find one online vendor of this excellently rated vintage of the Finger Lakes, NY Riesling - and they were in Hong Kong! You might have better luck locally, or with another vintage. Price seemed reasonable - under $25.

#31 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2017 

Forge Cellars' most important wine aims to reveal the true nature of the vintage and to explore the terroir of east SenecaLake. Fermentation takes place with indigenous yeasts in neutral French barriques (65%) and the remaining in stainless steel. With this level of ripeness, fermentations continued into late spring in order to finish bone dry. Quince, lemon, fennel and slatemingle with marzipan and white chocolate, supported by precise acidity.

WS92

Wine Spectator: Weighty for a Riesling, with a rounded feel and layers of creamed yellow apple, white peach and persimmon flavors. Delivers energy and cut throughout, with lemon pith, citrus oil and chamomile accents filling in. Shows length and range through the finish.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Daily, Rich.  I'll pass on the Button and Bear days but National Tolerance Day is so needed.  I love both quotes and my alternate meal suggestion is fairly close to yours, Chilled Blueberry Soup, Oven Roasted Chicken, and Key Lime Pie, as served on the Prinsendam November 16, 2017:

https://solocabinchallenge.files.wordpress.com/2017/11/dishes1116.jpg

Getting really hard to keep up with all the new Covid cases:

Today's care list:

Mrs Vmax with radiation looming

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

Hflors and DH, both Covid positive, after her losing reading sight and a serious accident for DH

Covid personally touching durangoscots, Hflors, StLouisCruisers, and cruisemom42 (I hope I got you all)

Dfish’s brother

Pretty much the whole US and Covid

Patience and healing for the USA

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and shoutouts:

Front Line Health Care Workers and support staff

Teachers and school workers

Hope for a vaccine

Improvement for Hflors

Successful space launch

New Zealand dealing successfully with Covid

Roy                                

Thanksfor the meal suggestion. I like the Alternative.  Thank you for listing those in need of prayer.  I think the shutdowns are prolonging the Covid. The heard Mentality usually kills viruses.

• Like 5

Rich Thank you for the DAILY Fleet report.  It is a chilly morning in Naperville.. It is 31 and feels like 23.  Chicago and Cook County are on lock down.. Thank heavens I live in DuPage County.   

I hope everyone of the DAILYIES has a great day.  Yesternay is history, tommorow is mystery.. Seize the DAY!!!!

• Like 10

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  Another great assortment of days to recognize; we still use old fashioned buttons - who knew they'd last so long?  While cleaning out the library the other day, we ran across 4 new teddy bears - apparently I'd purchased them for our grandson and stashed them away.  You know, out of sight, out of mind?  DH said "Ger, No More Bears!!!"  Tolerance is something we could all use a little more of, I think.  I'll try.

The menu suggestions are both good; chicken being the mainstay of both, so I'll see what comes out of the oven or air fryer tonight.  I've been wanting to make baked potatoes with those little baby potatoes, so will add that into the mix as well.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them, and even for those who don't think they do.  Raising our wine glasses to all on the celebration list *clink*.  Be safe, stay well, wash your hands and wear your masks!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 18

Gooooood Morning Mr. Rich!! Bless you for keeping our Daily bright, cheery and lots of fun.

Good morning Daily-ites, sisters Ann and Denise, and thanks to Ann, Roy and summer for contributions.

Really thrilling to watch the launch yesterday. GREAT news for New Zealand on covid cases.

Proud of Dustin Johnson winning his first Master's.

Prayed for all on our prayer list this morning, and will toast to ALL on the celebrations list.

Ann... Slatemingle and lemon pith, sounds lovely!

Another beautiful day scheduled for today and mid to upper 70's for the week.

I count my blessings ten times a day. How lucky we are to have friends and virtual friends. 

International Day for Tolerance | November 16 - YouTube

image.jpeg.b11f14bf9435416426237837ccece87e.jpeg

• Like 18

3 minutes ago, richwmn said:

Facebook just reminded me that this is where I was on this date last year. I'll let y'all guess where I was and who else was there. If those who were there see this, please let others guess.

Nov162019.jpg

I know exactly where this is but will let others try to figure it out.  Love it there.

• Like 4

image.thumb.jpeg.11fb6dc735561fdd18cc983d368436d4.jpeg
GOOD MORNING TO MY FRIENDS ON THE DAILY, and To my wonderful sisters!!

🌺🌺🌺

Dear Joy and Ann! I am here!  So sorry if you were worried. I am so glad to have you guys in my corner as well as all here on CC! We are a big family! ❤️To my sisters much love your way always. David and I took time this weekend especially with our purple tier and walked and stayed in. 
We decorated and I finished doing my Thanksgiving menu! Watched the Masters so glad Dustin won ! Just strange watching it at this time of year and not seeing all the beautiful flowers in Augusta Georgia.

🌺I wanted to also have you see my finished  painting I did for Shawn. I am going to give it to her at Christmas! This is just down our street where we walk ! I remember when she was little and how she was in a little back pack on my back and we would go down the stairs and walk the beach! So now you guys know what I do especially when I can’t sleep so I paint or sketch!

🌺🌺Dear Rich, Roy, Summer Thankyou for all the contributions you all give daily to keeping our CC alive! PS also to my dear Ann😘 Love the wine choice ! I pray your trip to the Keys will be wonderful too!

This is the first time I am admitting that I am really scared of the Covid spikes !! Please stay safe everyone!! ❤️If you see light holding up your mask please double up. Also using a coffee filter inside helps also. GOD BLESS everyone.

PS ❤️Joy miss you! Tonight as every night I will toast to both you Allen, Ann, and to all on CC to be safe during these 

hard times!

Happy Monday

Denise😊

• Like 19

9 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

image.thumb.jpeg.11fb6dc735561fdd18cc983d368436d4.jpeg
GOOD MORNING TO MY FRIENDS ON THE DAILY, and To my wonderful sisters!!

🌺🌺🌺

Dear Joy and Ann! I am here!  So sorry if you were worried. I am so glad to have you guys in my corner as well as all here on CC! We are a big family! ❤️To my sisters much love your way always. David and I took time this weekend especially with our purple tier and walked and stayed in. 
We decorated and I finished doing my Thanksgiving menu! Watched the Masters so glad Dustin won ! Just strange watching it at this time of year and not seeing all the beautiful flowers in Augusta Georgia.

🌺I wanted to also have you see my finished  painting I did for Shawn. I am going to give it to her at Christmas! This is just down our street where we walk ! I remember when she was little and how she was in a little back pack on my back and we would go down the stairs and walk the beach! So now you guys know what I do especially when I can’t sleep so I paint or sketch!

🌺🌺Dear Rich, Roy, Summer Thankyou for all the contributions you all give daily to keeping our CC alive! PS also to my dear Ann😘 Love the wine choice ! I pray your trip to the Keys will be wonderful too!

This is the first time I am admitting that I am really scared of the Covid spikes !! Please stay safe everyone!! ❤️If you see light holding up your mask please double up. Also using a coffee filter inside helps also. GOD BLESS everyone.

PS ❤️Joy miss you! Tonight as every night I will toast to both you Allen, Ann, and to all on CC to be safe during these 

hard times!

Happy Monday

Denise😊

Lovely! You are very talented

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Butchart Gardens?

Sorry, no but that is a place I would like to visit

Actually, I'm not sure it has a name of its own other than to identify a nearby building.

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning All,

And thanks again for this thread. It is one of the highlights of my mornings.

@richwmn I have no idea where that is, but I’d love to be there now!

@DeeniEncinitas lovely painting. What media do you use?

Nothing much on my schedule today, except for chasing a few more weeds in the yard and maybe starting the attack on the garage. (Scary thought.) Will get some supplies in (lumber for shelves and a bag of TP for dad) in case we get locked down again.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1