The Daily for Monday Nov 16, 2020

richwmn

Good morning all.  Thanks to all the contributors to this thread.  A good collection of days to celebrate.  I read the meal suggestion out loud and DH pulled out his recipe file and found Parmesan Chicken that he has made previously (without the tomatoes).  We have leftovers from yesterday’s birthday feast for DGS to finish off tonight.  His choice of birthday cake was a lemon meringue pie which I made from scratch and there's leftovers of that too!😀 we had a wet and very windy day and night here, a lot of mess to clean up this morning.  Any leftover leaves that still needed to be raked are now someone else’s chore.  The drink of the day is somewhat new to me, I have enjoyed the few that I have had.  My best to all on this chilly Monday.

• Like 12

Good morning all!  Checking in early before I get ready to take Blue to the vet for his “pedicure” this morning. That dog has prettier toes than I do. 

Thank you for the Daily Rich. Thank you for your list Roy. @DeeniEncinitas your painting is beautiful. I assume Shawn is your daughter and I am sure she will love your gift. @summer slope Praying your daughter stays Covid free. And to everyone else diagnosed with Covid I am sending prayers and hope for healing.  Tucson has one of the vaccine trials for Moderna. The local news anchor is in the trial and has reported on his experience. It’s all very interesting. 

Take care everyone and enjoy your Monday!

• Like 10

2 hours ago, richwmn said:

Facebook just reminded me that this is where I was on this date last year. I'll let y'all guess where I was and who else was there. If those who were there see this, please let others guess.

Nov162019.jpg

I think it's the Dunedin train station.  We were there in early 2017 on the Noordam repositioning cruise from down under to Vancouver, we were supposed to repeat the re-positioning  cruise this year until Covid along. We are booked to do the repeat cruise on the Oosterdam in early 2022.

Edited by old mike
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, old mike said:

I think it's the Dunedin train station.  We were there in early 2017 on the Noordam repositioning cruise from down under to Vancouver, we were supposed to repeat the re-positioning  cruise this year until Covid along. We are booked to do the repeat cruise on the Oosterdam in early 2022.

Bingo! I did the Vancouver to Auckland reposition last year. I spent a wonderful day in Dunedin with @erewhon and wife. I wish I could do that one again it was a wonderful trip

• Like 10

Good morning, all! What an excellent collection of days! Buttons and Bears has a Teddy Bear’s Picnic ring to it, and we all need Tolerance, perhaps more than ever. After a restless night, I woke up with epic bed head, so the first quote was so appropriate today!

@cat shepard Rieslings are always welcome, although slatemingle and lemon pith sounds like ‘if 2020 was a Riesling’.

@summer slopepraying for the best outcome for your daughter. Is she a student or a teacher? @DeeniEncinitasyour painting is beautiful! You have such talent! @ger_77after following your accounts of the snow and cold in Saskatoon, I just found out my DD has just moved back to her house in Colonsay. Her timing was really not the best, but at least she is farther from Covid areas and can look after her father, who recently lost his wife. (She didn’t die, she’s his fourth wife and moved to back Texas.)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

No partying with bears for me..... they have all gone into hibernation (I hope). They like to party by themselves out by the dumpsters. Usually they can not get them open but at times some person gets careless.

It is warming up a bit here, but we may have more unsettled weather on the way in the next few weeks. I am waiting to have a cracked window replaced. It actually arrived a day or two ago and got broken by the guys at Home Depot ..... now will be early December before a replacement gets here. It will be interesting to see if it arrives in time to be installed or if it gets stored until spring. It was ordered in August!!!!

Haven't heard anything from my Sister which I hope is good.

Love the pictures of places and paintings and it all makes me want to get up and go somewhere. Will probably take the dogs and go up in the mountains today and walk one of the trails. Fresh air and a change of scene seem to be in order.

Susan

• Like 9

I'll be praying today for all who have been exposed to Covid, or have it.  It is such a strange disease, seems to affect some very mildly, and others, not so much.  That is the major problem with it, I think, you just don't know what will happen.  We are taking Vitamin D3 and zinc.  Actually we usually start that a couple of weeks before a cruise, and as the pandemic was announced we were preparing to cruise, we just didn't stop taking them.  Now DD has joined us.  And we are double-masking, with extra filters.

We are supposed to have a major announcement from our Chief Medical Officer today.  I wonder what that will be!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all!

I agree with others that tolerance should be practiced every day.  Chicken Parmesan sounds really good today, another rainy, dark day here.  

Such good news about the Moderna vaccine!  I admit I'm scared too.  They warned that this fall/winter would be worse, and here we are...

@summer slopeprayers that your daughter doesn't get the virus, and if she does, it's a very mild case.

@ger_77 I chuckled about your hidden-away bears for the grandchildren.  I have done things like that so many times!!

@DeeniEncinitasyou are very talented!  Beautiful painting!!

@Vict0riann I have been taking Vitamin D3 and Zinc daily for years and believe they really do help.

In honor of Party with Bears Day, here's a photo of our grandson when he was 19 months old.  Every year we put our 15+ bears up and down the staircase.  He loved to throw them all down the stairs and then jump on them.  Even with that treatment they still look like new, as they go back into storage after Christmas.  😄

Foster and bears.jpg

• Like 17

Good morning and thanks Rich and Roy! Oooh. Key lime pie!  Love old buttons!  

Our daughter is also a teacher early 40s,  works in learning support so is in multiple classrooms.   Scary times!  Kind of hoping they do lock the schools down again,  as right now in one board they have 6000 staff and teachers in isolation and outbreaks in over 100 schools.  

@DeeniEncinitasbeautiful Painting!  

I’ve been keeping busy embroidering Christmas stockings for my granddaughters.  

image.jpg

• Like 20

2 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks Rich and Roy! Oooh. Key lime pie!  Love old buttons!  

Our daughter is also a teacher early 40s,  works in learning support so is in multiple classrooms.   Scary times!  Kind of hoping they do lock the schools down again,  as right now in one board they have 6000 staff and teachers in isolation and outbreaks in over 100 schools.  

@DeeniEncinitasbeautiful Painting!  

I’ve been keeping busy embroidering Christmas stockings for my granddaughters.  

image.jpg

Beautiful 🙂 

• Like 5