Early January Sailings?

whitshel

Just for FYI - Princess cancelled these today:

The cruise operations impacted include the following:

• All cruises sailing through March 31, 2021
  • All cruises longer than seven days sailing in and out of United States ports through Nov 1, 2021

The company said it is also extending its pause in operations for cruises departing in and out of Japan through June 25, 2021. Princess had earlier extended its pause in operations for cruises departing from Australia and New Zealand through May 31, 2021.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/23907-princess-cancels-all-cruises-through-march-2021.html

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SeaHunt said:

• All cruises longer than seven days sailing in and out of United States ports through Nov 1, 2021

The company said it is also extending its pause in operations for cruises departing in and out of Japan through June 25, 2021. Princess had earlier extended its pause in operations for cruises departing from Australia and New Zealand through May 31, 2021.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/23907-princess-cancels-all-cruises-through-march-2021.html

I think RCCL isn't announcing anything to make my anxiety go through the roof!!! 

I'm getting so angry I'm debating not rebooking.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mariemorgan said:

I think RCCL isn't announcing anything to make my anxiety go through the roof!!! 

I'm getting so angry I'm debating not rebooking.

They just wait to see what everyone else is doing.

53 minutes ago, island lady said:

No, they wait to see how many final payments they can bring in before they actually have to cancel.  Short term, no interest loans.  😠

We don't let it get that far.  Our last two we've outright cancelled before final payment because it's so obvious they were going to.  We have one FCC each (deposit only). The rest we got refunds instead of taking FCC's.  For our cruises scheduled for next year, we're playing it by ear,  but won't make final payments unless it's really looking probable.

1 hour ago, island lady said:

No, they wait to see how many final payments they can bring in before they actually have to cancel.  Short term, no interest loans.  😠

You nailed it.  Exactly why I'm not putting ANY deposits down until there is legitimate clarity on the future of cruising, if that ever happens.  2022 maybe?

23 minutes ago, BND said:

We don't let it get that far.  Our last two we've outright cancelled before final payment because it's so obvious they were going to.  We have one FCC each (deposit only). The rest we got refunds instead of taking FCC's.  For our cruises scheduled for next year, we're playing it by ear,  but won't make final payments unless it's really looking probable.

I have non-refundable deposit that final payment was due beginning of october.

4 hours ago, SeaHunt said:

Holland America also did the same announcement with the same dates.

• Like 1

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

If they end up cancelling through March then I will cancel my April cruise. No way am I going to be on one of the first few cruises going out.

I feel the same about our May sailing.  I think Canadian authorities will make the decision for us anyway when they keep their ports closed.  I think the 2021 Alaska season is going to be cancelled again.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

New rumor today, posted on a FB page. "CDC has told CLIA that they want to reinstate a No-Sale Order through March 2021."   I am still hoping for our late April B2B, but my hopes are diminishing fast. 

So Princess cancelling is most likely just the beginning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

So Princess cancelling is most likely just the beginning.

That could very well be. Just two days ago I was reading somewhere that Holland America was bringing 6 ships back to the US from Europe, to get them ready to meet the CDC requirements for sailing, but that information was obviously not on target!

11 hours ago, sandebeach said:

That could very well be. Just two days ago I was reading somewhere that Holland America was bringing 6 ships back to the US from Europe, to get them ready to meet the CDC requirements for sailing, but that information was obviously not on target!

Actually, it is on target, as Princess is also bringing ships back to the US, estimating arrival date around Dec 31st, but not expecting to be cruising until late March/early April.  The cruise lines are finally getting the idea that the CDC requirements are not going to go away, no matter how long they wait, and that the timeframe for restarting cruises is not going to be a couple of weeks.  Now, Carnival Corp ships, of all brands, are starting behind other brands like NCL and RCG, in that they have not maintained their "green status" with CDC (submitting weekly data forms of crew temperature checks and symptom reviews), so they need to establish this 28 day minimum baseline before they can start the certification process toward a conditional sail certificate.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

Actually, it is on target, as Princess is also bringing ships back to the US, estimating arrival date around Dec 31st, but not expecting to be cruising until late March/early April.  The cruise lines are finally getting the idea that the CDC requirements are not going to go away, no matter how long they wait, and that the timeframe for restarting cruises is not going to be a couple of weeks.  Now, Carnival Corp ships, of all brands, are starting behind other brands like NCL and RCG, in that they have not maintained their "green status" with CDC (submitting weekly data forms of crew temperature checks and symptom reviews), so they need to establish this 28 day minimum baseline before they can start the certification process toward a conditional sail certificate.

That makes sense. Thank you for the explanation. 

16 hours ago, BND said:

Have had 18 cruise cancelled so far.  I can only use just so many FCC deposit vouchers...running out of time to use them.  Have managed to use the last 7 of them, with another FCC due of cruise I cancelled day before final just 2 weeks ago.  If the cruise is not cancelled by RCI, and I cancel it...another deposit FCC I am stuck with.  If I let RCI cancel (some they do before final...some they don't ...uggg), at least I can then ask for total cash back refund to Credit Card...no FCCs on those.  

The first few after final payments took months to get refunds, the last four...took right at two weeks. Sometimes it's an "in and out" in my CC before I even make the payment.  

Frustrating?  Damn betcha...but stuck playing the game...for now.  

• Like 1

On 11/17/2020 at 10:36 PM, HaveWeMetYet said:

January is toast.

Any cruise line would be setting a new world record for stupid to cruise with covid running out of control in most of the world.

Aside from that they can't meet the CDC's qualifications for cruising. 

16 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

If they end up cancelling through March then I will cancel my April cruise. No way am I going to be on one of the first few cruises going out.

Awww...you don't want the Press to take your picture and do an interview??!!  😉 

image.jpeg.701acb3f5c0ea0f2ee059dac4cfd1efb.jpeg

16 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

I feel the same about our May sailing.  I think Canadian authorities will make the decision for us anyway when they keep their ports closed.  I think the 2021 Alaska season is going to be cancelled again.

So do I...along with (what's left of it anyway)  the Aussie 2020/2021 season.  Way past time they officially cancelled those doomed cruises.  My Serenade cruise coming up from Sydney would have been going up for the 2021 Alaska season.  No way will it make the TP anyway.  

12 hours ago, sandebeach said:

New rumor today, posted on a FB page. "CDC has told CLIA that they want to reinstate a No-Sale Order through March 2021."   I am still hoping for our late April B2B, but my hopes are diminishing fast. 

I hate to see you lose your cruise...but I am hoping CLIA goes along with it.  It's just too iffy yet, and don't see anyway how cruise lines will have time to get even close to being set up until at least then.  Too much involved...not enough time to do it.  Ships still just drifting around out there with skeleton crew.  

On 11/18/2020 at 3:38 PM, firefly333 said:

Odd with all the good vaccine news out lately seems people are at a all time low being pessimistic. Easy to just give up for many .. 

The rising cases from Covid  trumps the good news about the vaccine. People won't buy into it until they announce that it's on the market and who has priority to receive it. Even with a vaccine the problem won't be solved overnight.