New vaccine

hollyjess

10 hours ago, KnowTheScore said:

Gosh.  Not a lifestyle I personally would want which is why I steer clear of pills, potions, vaccines and other Pharma products as far as possible.  I prioritise my health and take personal responsibility for it.   I eat lots of good fresh vegetables and fruit daily, I have learnt what foods, herbs and spices promote a strong immune system and use them frequently in cooking.  I learnt how my body works so that I don't carelessly do anything to disrupt or obstruct it's in-built healing systems, things like understanding the importance of a fever.

I've learnt what vitamins are good for treating various ailments or for supporting immune strength and established a good stock of them so they are at hand should I contract viruses like Flu or Covid.

I have natural antibiotics to fight infections and other natural remedies, none of it mumbo jumbo Homeopathy but natural products of Nature.

I've never had a Flu Vaccine

I've never had a Shingles Vaccine

I've never had a Pneumonia Vaccine

I've never suffered from Flu or Shingles or Pneumonia

I strongly suspect I had Covid back in December.   No problems, just like a mild bout of cold for 1-2 weeks.

I don't want what I consider to be toxic ingredients injected into my blood stream.  Ingredients like Thimerosal (50% Mercury), Squalene, Adjuvant MF59 and so on.   I believe I would be damaging my health in doing so.

I'm sorry for your health conditions Eglesbrech sincerely and hope you have a long and fruitful life, but for myself I prefer to rely on Nature and it's bountiful produce to stay healthy and live a healthy life.

Well I truly hope that you never need any medical intervention and subsequently medication that follows,because you're going to have a difficult decision to make ,chemicals or no chemicals???? Good luck with that one. Personally I'm glad I'm not so fussy.....bring on the vaccine.

• Like 12

10 hours ago, KnowTheScore said:

I've never had a Flu Vaccine

I've never had a Shingles Vaccine

I've never had a Pneumonia Vaccine

I strongly suspect I had Covid back in December.   

Ok, I've bitten.. 😊

So, you manage to protect yourself against everything apart from Covid... 

Your healthy lifestyle and mild symptoms do not make you immune to spreading it to other vulnerable people who could die from it... 

Wouldn't it be nice if we were all just like you😂😂😂

Andy 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, zap99 said:

We got a bus from Banff to our hotel. 2 dollars, but 1 for seniors. I was 69 and DW 63. 2 for Banff springs please, 1 senior. Only 1 senior Sir. DW gave him a very dirty look.

In many US States senior discounts start at 50.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, KnowTheScore said:

Pete14 - "There will never be 300 cases among a ship of 3000 with vaccines insisted upon"

I don't agree but it of course depends on the length of the cruise.   At the moment the tentative attempts of cruise lines to get sailing again are mostly short one week affairs which is obviously being done because the COVID incubation period is around 7 days so if everyone is checked before boarding then there's no real chance of there being an "outbreak" within 7 days.  People will be disembarked at the end of the week before symptoms kick in, then it's no longer the cruise line's problem.

Once you start with 2.5 week cruises and longer then the realities will kick in.

You can't morally stop people cruising if they've had Covid and thus have immunity.  If they attempt to do that the industry will suffer enormously.   They'll end up with a tiny subset of the cruising audience, the stuffy old 75+ yr olds who of course will all get vaccinated due to their risk levels.

That's not where cruise lines want to be.  They want the lively younger jet set who spend lots of money.

Here is a statement that no one has considered and I don't think anyone can answer. How many so cruisers have died from this. How many customers have the industry lost to this pandemic? We have no way to answer that question. But the industry has lost to death an amount of customers. Vaccine is the only way to protect those remaining and keep the numbers as low as possible and it will be insisted upon. And also what illness claims from person who got coronavirus onboard because people weren't vaccinated. They will be protecting against that too. Hard to prove but I am sure these accident companies will try it on.

Edited by ace2542
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

When did the Jet set start cruising, even the premium lines are way too down market for them.

As regards limiting cruising to those who have been vaccinated, I think you will find that gets the vote from the majority in the country, and they will probably want it extending to all public transport and airlines  as well as hotels, restaurants, pubs and other entertainment venues.

No one should be forced to have the vaccine, but they should understand the consequences if not.

A lot of that would be impossible to enforce. You can enforce it on cruiseships and airlines maybe even hotels. But I don't see you could enforce much more. More likely the employees of these places will have to get vaccine to continue employment.

14 hours ago, KnowTheScore said:

I strongly suspect I had Covid back in December.   No problems, just like a mild bout of cold for 1-2 weeks.

Well aren’t you the lucky one. You sound just like Donald Trump, I’ve had it no problem aren’t I the Superman. Which stopped people (people who believed him)  in the US social distancing and therefore more infections, perfectly healthy people who do all the things you do have had the disease and died, no one knows who is going to get it and how bad. 

Now for some good news, watching BBC News last night, a Vaccine company in India took a punt and have been manufacturing the Oxford Vaccine just waiting for the go ahead to start vaccinating. The vaccine is rolling off the production line already and they will be producing 100 million doses a month, enough for India , Asia and the rest of the third world.  This surely means our lovely crew on the ships might be working sooner than we expected.

Edited by amajaa
  • Like 5

24 minutes ago, amajaa said:

Well aren’t you the lucky one. You sound just like Donald Trump, I’ve had it no problem aren’t I the Superman. Which stopped people (people who believed him)  in the US social distancing and therefore more infections, perfectly healthy people who do all the things you do have had the disease and died, no one knows who is going to get it and how bad. 

Now for some good news, watching BBC News last night, a Vaccine company in India took a punt and have been manufacturing the Oxford Vaccine just waiting for the go ahead to start vaccinating. The vaccine is rolling off the production line already and they will be producing 100 million doses a month, enough for India , Asia and the rest of the third world.  This surely means our lovely crew on the ships might be working sooner than we expected.

And I don't think approval by UK Government will to matter to Governments in India or Asia and third world countries.

19 minutes ago, kalos said:

I'm still wondering how anti-vaxxers feel about a coronavirus vaccine...

...I bet they're dying for it. :classic_unsure:

I am anti Vax 

I don't care what anybody else thinks.

Its my choice.

Its Hoover or Dyson for me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, hollyjess said:

Hi cruisers. Just had news that my daughter in law has been contacted to have her covid vaccination next week. She is a carer so is priority. Hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel depending on your views.

That’s great news. What a relief to know that it’s actually starting and not just being talked about. Thanks for letting us know. 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, hollyjess said:

Hi cruisers. Just had news that my daughter in law has been contacted to have her covid vaccination next week. She is a carer so is priority. Hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel depending on your views.

Didnt think any vaccine had been passed by the regulatory authority yet perhaps they know something we dont and they are going to pass the vaccine and give authority.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Didnt think any vaccine had been passed by the regulatory authority yet perhaps they know something we dont and they are going to pass the vaccine and give authority.

I was thinking that, you would have thought Boris and his chums would have been shouting that from the rooftops. I hope it is happening, great Christmas present for those that qualify.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, hollyjess said:

My partner has booked his today too. He's NHS. They had appointments available from Monday next week, so I can only presume that approval is very imminent. There was a caveat when he booked it, that it might be cancelled at short notice. He's booked in for Tuesday. He said a lot of his colleagues are reluctant to have it though. It definitely gives a bit of hope for the future, just need enough people to have it. 

Edited by cruisenewbie1976
typo
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, hollyjess said:

Great news. I know we were told that they would begin about now and many were sceptical, but now it's looking very positive. Thank you for the information. 

Avril

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

My partner has booked his today too. He's NHS. They had appointments available from Monday next week, so I can only presume that approval is very imminent. There was a caveat when he booked it, that it might be cancelled at short notice. He's booked in for Tuesday. He said a lot of his colleagues are reluctant to have it though. It definitely gives a bit of hope for the future, just need enough people to have it. 

Maybe they are wanting to start on Monday so they can claim that vaccination started in November.

Sorry Harry if I spiked your thunder.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terrierjohn said:

Maybe they are wanting to start on Monday so they can claim that vaccination started in November.

Sorry Harry if I spiked your thunder.

Yeah maybe. There's been a real effort to get booked people in for next week. I would imagine so they can say we've vaccinated x number in the first week! 

3 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

I was thinking that, you would have thought Boris and his chums would have been shouting that from the rooftops. I hope it is happening, great Christmas present for those that qualify.

I don't think Boris wants to shout the virtues of the American vaccines from the rooftops does he? He would much rather be cheering for ours.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hollyjess said:

That is great to hear they will be able to track her every move now. 😮 Only joking😄. But with seriousness the police should be get these testing kits for the DNA. That is something that has not happened and this shuts down any conspiracy theory right there in my book. Once it is taken by people and seen to be ok it should be a pretty decent uptake and once the NHS is "protected" - that has been the byword all along - once the at risk groupings get done things should get back to normal pretty quickly.

25 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

I don't think Boris wants to shout the virtues of the American vaccines from the rooftops does he? He would much rather be cheering for ours.

The BioNTech & Pfizer vaccine was joint German - US cooperative venture, the European stock is being manufactured in Belgium. I suspect the No 10 Moran had the Oxford vaccine announced earlier than they want as the US & Germany were stealing the limelight.