The Daily for Tuesday Nov 24, 2020

richwmn

image.jpeg.e3983870c6843ebcf4aeb87d04892ded.jpeg

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!!

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!! THIS WAS OUR SUNSET LAST NIGHT. 

I WAS SO BUSY YESTERDAY WITH THANKSGIVING APPROACHING I FORGOT TO SEE HOW EVERYONE WAS DOING! 

🌺A BIG SHOUT OUT TO ❤️MY SISTERS!

ANN HOPE YOU HAD A NICE WEEKEND AND AS ALWAYS APPRECIATE THE WINE DESCRIPTION! 
JOY HOW EXCITING TO FINALLY GETTING YOUR BLINDS AND YOUR FLAGSTONE PROJECT👍👍

🌺RICH APPRECIATE THE DAYS, AND THE QUOTE! DINNER I WILL PASS ON.

I SAW A SPECIAL ON COOPER THIS PAST WEEK ON HISTORY CHANNEL! I 

LIKE HOW YOU TALKED ABOUT OUR CULTURE WITH BAD BOYS FROM THE PAST!

🌺ROY CONGRATULATIONS ON 50 YEARS ACHIEVING HOMEOWNERSHIP

🌺SUMMER NEVER HAD A GIMLET! 
APPRECIATE YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS ALSO! HOPE IT WARMS UP FOR YOU!!

❤️”MAKE THIS DAY COUNT! BE KIND TO YOURSELF AND TO OTHERS. WE ONLY GET ONE SHOT EACH BEAUTIFUL DAY .

STAY POSITIVE, HELP OTHERS IN NEED IF YOU CAN! 

VIRTUAL HUGS GO OUT!

Denise😊

• Like 18

Gimlets are often made with Roses Lime Juice, using fresh lime and simple syrup sounds much better to me!

Today was supposed to be another sea day on our cancelled cruise with our son and girlfriend. I just started looking to see if we can book a similar HAL cruise with them for next Thanksgiving/B-Day - there are FCCs to use up! 

Tuesday pizza night for us, it could have been from the New York Deli & Pizza overlooking the Lido pool...DSC_0217.thumb.JPG.c77552b379b702ad1384afd3b54ddf11.JPG

DSC_0230.thumb.JPG.66aa688468a6fdb57ee8d78b5955b1cb.JPG

• Like 16

33 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

❤️”MAKE THIS DAY COUNT! BE KIND TO YOURSELF AND TO OTHERS. WE ONLY GET ONE SHOT EACH BEAUTIFUL DAY .

VIRTUAL HUGS GO OUT!

Denise😊

So sweet Denise. Love you girl.🥰❤️

• Like 3

Good morning all!

Happy anniversary @Vict0riann!

@rafinmdcongratulations on 50 years of home ownership and I do love your mask too.

We are packed and ready to leave for the coast for a few days.  Since we can't be with family or anyone else, we decided to be alone at the coast 🙂  I may have some photos later, depending on the weather.  It could be stormy, but that's alright with me.  🙂  

• Like 13

Good morning, and thank you, everybody for the anniversary wishes.  Eight years ago, for our 50th, I suggested a cruise to Antarctica, thinking HAL; next thing I knew we were booked for an expedition ship and we "got" our seventh  continent.  It was quite an adventure, and hard to believe it was 8 years ago.

P1010415.thumb.jpeg.c7494462b26c88ce46e340118e715db2.jpeg

Fifty years in one house, that's amazing, @rafinmd, Roy.  Congratulations!  In the last fifty years, we've probably been in 8 houses.  (Love the mask!)

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!!

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!! THIS WAS OUR SUNSET LAST NIGHT. 

I WAS SO BUSY YESTERDAY WITH THANKSGIVING APPROACHING I FORGOT TO SEE HOW EVERYONE WAS DOING! 

🌺A BIG SHOUT OUT TO ❤️MY SISTERS!

ANN HOPE YOU HAD A NICE WEEKEND AND AS ALWAYS APPRECIATE THE WINE DESCRIPTION! 
JOY HOW EXCITING TO FINALLY GETTING YOUR BLINDS AND YOUR FLAGSTONE PROJECT👍👍

🌺RICH APPRECIATE THE DAYS, AND THE QUOTE! DINNER I WILL PASS ON.

I SAW A SPECIAL ON COOPER THIS PAST WEEK ON HISTORY CHANNEL! I 

LIKE HOW YOU TALKED ABOUT OUR CULTURE WITH BAD BOYS FROM THE PAST!

🌺ROY CONGRATULATIONS ON 50 YEARS ACHIEVING HOMEOWNERSHIP

🌺SUMMER NEVER HAD A GIMLET! 
APPRECIATE YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS ALSO! HOPE IT WARMS UP FOR YOU!!

VIRTUAL HUGS GO OUT!

Denise😊

Absolutely stunning!   I miss the ocean! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

We also bought our first house fifty years ago.  We were living in Navy housing on Treasure Island, near San Francisco.  I had just been promoted and was told that I had to move out of enlisted housing, and sorry, we have no officer housing available.  We tried to rent in the area and were told a few times that they wouldn't rent to people with children, and we had a 6 year old daughter, and it might be easier to buy.  So we did, bought a house in El Cerrito, across the Bay, for about $30K.  Interesting how times have changed; expect that house is worth thirty times that now.  On current things, I took the turkey out of the freezer today to let it thaw.

Ray

• Like 12

Good morning, All, and Happy Thanksgiving week!  It's so exciting to read about all the vaccines coming soon.  Our October 2021 cruise was cancelled recently, but betcha we'll all be onboard again around that time anyhow! 

My mother's standard cocktail when we dined out was a vodka gimlet.  Nice memories!  😍

• Like 9

4 hours ago, rafinmd said:

A larger photo.  Inspired by our Governor.  Arrived yesterday.

mask.jpg.3ae748fabc1403a47a9a4b781771c052.jpg

Roy

Way to go! So easy if everyone would just do the simple thing of wearing a mask and washing hands.

congrats on 50 years of home ownership. We bought in the same year, Jan 1, 1970 and then got married at the end of February so that was a this year celebration as well.

thanks for keeping the lists. 

• Like 9

4 hours ago, rafinmd said:

A larger photo.  Inspired by our Governor.  Arrived yesterday.

mask.jpg.3ae748fabc1403a47a9a4b781771c052.jpg

Roy

Love it.

I’d like to present a set of those to a certain couple I see regularly at our local market. They both wear their masks on their chins so their smirks show to everyone. Because of the laxity of the market I now vote with my dollars- and spend them elsewhere. 

I did notice a large group (>50%) of the shoppers at Trader Joe’s senior hour appeared quite young-  like 20s-30s. So we either have a large population of special needs young folk, or a quite a few “SPECIAL” young.

Glad to see the CEO of Costco issuing the policy that ALL wear masks, or a face shield in the case of a medical condition while in the store. 

• Like 9

Still a good morning here.  Last day of virtual school for us this week.  Grands stayed overnight last night and we all had pancakes for breakfast. Tomorrow mom takes over for the last morning of the week.   Love the quote...and meal suggestion.  Although our dinner will be fast food somewhere on the way home tonight.  We are headed to our home on the Oregon  coast for Thanksgiving.  Everything is purchased...a couple of good bottles of wine...for just the 2 of us.  We will follow the recommendations that were given by Oregon governor.   Looking forward to the quiet and hopefully a nice Thanksgiving walk on the beach.  Weather permitting!!  

This has become my favorite board on cc.  All the positive comments brighten my day.  Prayers to all.  Stay well and safe and do wear your mask.  

• Like 11

So on the topic of Thanksgiving-  I’m looking for input on flavor of gelato to go with sour cream blueberry pie.

First thought is vanilla, but that could be “typical”. I’m wondering what adding bourbon might do? ( I have no clue what bourbon is like- only that I like bourbon Gouda.)

Any suggestions?

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

So on the topic of Thanksgiving-  I’m looking for input on flavor of gelato to go with sour cream blueberry pie.

First thought is vanilla, but that could be “typical”. I’m wondering what adding bourbon might do? ( I have no clue what bourbon is like- only that I like bourbon Gouda.)

Any suggestions?

Mango!

Edited by Vict0riann
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Any suggestions?

Maybe cinnamon?!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Any suggestions?

LImoncello gelato should go nicely, I would think.  Or just some limoncello to drink with it 😉 

• Like 6

Good afternoon.  Busy morning getting the cornbread for the dressing, the casserole and the pie crusts made.  Will make one pie tomorrow afternoon so it can set in the refrigerator overnight.  The other will be baked Thursday morning along with the coffeecake. 

We bought our first house in October 1970.  Since then we have bought six houses plus our winter house in AZ.  There were two short breaks when we rented a house in Delaware until we could buy, and four months living in our RV after we sold one house and waited for the next to be finished.

One store here has a sign that says you must wear a make to enter.  One man wore his through the door and then took it off until he was in the checkout line.  Nothing was said, but then two employees were maskless!  😱

Roy your mask says it all.

Happy Anniversary to VictOriann!  

Happy Thanksgiving to all in the US, and hope all the Canadians have a good week.

Lenda

• Like 9

Good afternoon, all! Today’s quote is so, so true. To celebrate the first of the days, I’m making Char Sui for supper, served with vegetable stir fry. Char Sui isn’t exactly a unique talent, but it’s one I’m pleased with.

It is raining hard and steady here now, but the wind has died down now that our walk is over. We are home, warm and dry now. Time to start the marinade for that Char Sui!

• Like 9