Royal Cancellations thru Feb 2021

benebire

41 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

Yep, it's almost certain that most scheduled cruises in March and April won't sail.  MABYE a few, but most will be cancelled.  Or of course, maybe all of them.....

My suspicion is the trial cruises will begin shortly after the vaccine rolls out to the general public. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Is the sailing that you have a suite on for Alaska 2021?

Yes, we have a sky loft.  No option to L&S yet since the sailing is May 2021.  No way we would book they same cabin for May 2022 unless we were price protected since the price is more than double what we paid for May 2021.  We won't be making final payment on this sailing in February as we don't want to lay out any more money.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GTO-Girl said:

If I used FCC ‘s to book this cruise am I correct that the only option I have is a reissue of the FCC?  

I would rather have a refund.....😢😢

If Roysl csncelled the original cruise that the FCC’s were from then you can get a refund.

if the FCC’s came from a cruise you cancelled then they will be reissued. 

22 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If Roysl csncelled the original cruise that the FCC’s were from then you can get a refund.

if the FCC’s came from a cruise you cancelled then they will be reissued. 

Unfortunately the original FCC’s came from a March cruise we cancelled a week before Royal did so it looks like we are stuck with the credits....

Thanks so much for the clarification...

Edited by GTO-Girl
  • Like 1

So if our Sept. Alaska cruise is cancelled we would be able to L&S to one  within the parameters in 2022?  We have never done a L&S, I have just happened upon a great deal in the time frame we wanted and booked then waited for FCC from a cancelled cruise.  Don't think we could get the same room again, however.  We got lucky and I booked the Royal Loft on Quantum for Alaska 2021 at the same price we paid for a Grand Loft on Ovation.  Oh well, keeping fingers crossed for Alaska to happen.

On 12/4/2020 at 8:14 AM, reallyitsmema said:

Alaska 2021 is not likely to happen IMO as they are not going to move the ships over here until Canada announces when the ports are going to open.  

Already contingencies being put in place in Australia for some off season domestic cruises if they stay in this part of the world.

12 hours ago, bretts173 said:

Already contingencies being put in place in Australia for some off season domestic cruises if they stay in this part of the world.

RCL could have one or two ships doing cruises to no where and later on with some stops within Australia / New Caledonia throughout Australian winter with Austalian domiciled persons applying the Singapore model.

As it looks currently Q1 2021 is gone and maybe in Q2 we will start to see some trial cruises in North America, if COVID situation will start to drastically improve. For the summer we will likely see some cruises both in North America an in Europe, but I doubt we will see the full deployment currently scheduled and also with various restrictions such as only ship excursions etc. The end of the tunnel seems to be reached step by step as of 2022 as it seems currently.