Arnison Sells A Block of Carnival Stock

logan25

8 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

What's to stop them for selling more stock like they been doing and diluting the stock. 

Doesnt help the stock price, but they been doing it already. 

Carnival has done stock buybacks for years. It comes and goes.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, elcuchio24 said:

thats certainly an investors prerogative. But most of the folks that are scared now were also the ones scared this spring and never caught the massive gains. Make sure your choices are non-emotional, and you'll always be in good shape

I state a fact, you state your emotions..

I called ccl a week ago and sold, I cant help it if you are emotional.

Chart says sell, analyst said rcl, 25% overvalued last week, last friday another analyst said he downgraded airlines which trade with cruise stocks. Sure if you bought exactly at the bottom you are up. Whole market was oversold, now its overbought, you hear words like frothy, chart words like toppy.  

With the dilution of shares from new debt, fewer assets from selling ships, new stock sold, to that prince and lately more was issued. Just warning people like you who arent into stocks much, rough ride ahead. Market went up a lot in November.. now unless big stimulus, not much left to give the market a jolt. It will be a long time before ccl has a pe or peg to compare.

I'm also a bit leery of earnings possibly by the end of the week and hearing cash burn rates. And at least one more qtr of no cruises out of usa. Vs your emotions. Just saying stick with facts. You could have thrown a dart at stocks at the bottom last march and done well, no predictor of future. Time to be careful. 

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Right, I thought we were talking bankruptcy...they just issue more stock, before they would declare bankruptcy is all I'm saying. 

Issuing stock raises cash. Stock buybacks reduce cash. Bankruptcy usually follows an absence of cash.

• Like 1

I am surprised that no one has mentioned that some one or some entity bought the $102,909,930.47 of stock so they must have thought this was a great deal and were going to make money out of it.  They certainly thought that Carnival would not be going out of business.  I hope they are right although I, myself, am dubious.  You would have to be a billionaire to play games like this.  

1 hour ago, travelhound said:

That should actually help them get the the liquidity necessary to survive this crisis.

Are you saying that Mickey Arinson selling stock will add liquidity to the corporation?  All that does is put cash in his pocket, not the corporation.

26 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

Are you saying that Mickey Arinson selling stock will add liquidity to the corporation?  All that does is put cash in his pocket, not the corporation.

I think he was quoting a comment about the stock issuances the company has been making recently.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

The corporation issuing new stock. Also various convertible notes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/15/2020 at 12:35 PM, chengkp75 said:

No, issuing stock raises cash for CCL and that will provide greater liquidity to survive the crisis 😀 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Lee Cruiser said:

And now they announce another sale of $1 Billion in stock, diluting the value once again.  Currently way overpriced for the value of the company!

$1 billion at $25.10/share. That's some dilution. I'll take it.

On 12/3/2020 at 12:41 PM, MeganGC1983 said:

Wouldn’t it be illegal, with insider info, to dump stock and then file bankruptcy? 

answer: it's complicated.

They have not indicated in their filings they are in imminent danger.  If they were about to do so AND he sold just prior that would be a problem. Insiders are fenced from stock transactions except for limited windows opened and closed under legal scrutiny.  It's a pretty sound system.

That doesn't stop shareholders from filing lawsuits if they think insiders acted wrongfully, but it would be surprising if a company as big as Carnival were not to follow the rules pretty well!

On 12/3/2020 at 8:30 AM, JaxsMama said:

And this is why I recently sold all my cruise stocks and opted for a refund in cash.  I cant see how bankruptcy isn't in the future. 

So tired. You do realize that cruises are happening just about everywhere except the US right now.

Well, since cruise lines are going bankrupt, I guess you can say bye now.