Princess just sent me an invoice!

LDVinNC

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/4/2020 at 9:15 AM, LDVinNC said:

I just received an invoice in the mail from Princess.  It is for $10,000 and the invoice number is the booking number for a 28 day Hawaii and South Pacific cruise that was scheduled for April 11 2020 and was obviously cancelled.  I have sent an email and am trying to reach the person in accounts receivable by phone. So far have had no luck.

How can this possibly be?  Has anyone else received such a thing?  It took months to get our money back and now they are trying to bill us for a non-existent cruise.  I am fuming.

Ugh - I just received an invoice for my cancelled March cruise, too. After the time and energy spent trying to get this figured out in the first place, I had truly hoped this was behind me and no more than a bad memory of a time when Princess really sucked. Sadly, they have not only reopened an old wound, but they are pouring salt on it, too! Wish me luck that mine gets sorted as smoothly as yours.

(On a positive note, they do seem to have got their act together now. My Star Princess cruise that was cancelled due to the ship being sold was refunded in a month!)

• Like 3

8 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Ugh - I just received an invoice for my cancelled March cruise, too. After the time and energy spent trying to get this figured out in the first place, I had truly hoped this was behind me and no more than a bad memory of a time when Princess really sucked. Sadly, they have not only reopened an old wound, but they are pouring salt on it, too! Wish me luck that mine gets sorted as smoothly as yours.

Good luck!

10 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

(On a positive note, they do seem to have got their act together now. My Star Princess cruise that was cancelled due to the ship being sold was refunded in a month!)

I sent them a concise email giving the dates of the Purchase Adjustment, the credit from Princess (at which point we DID owe money), then the date of the Transaction Rebill.  I think giving them the dates made it easier for them to track what happened on their end.

I suspect we are not the only two to have gotten these disturbing invoices.  I hope you can work it out quickly.

• Like 1

It is always better to communicate with them in person. All this email things is going nowhere unfortunately. I doubt you will reach any positive results. These people are like machines. Its better to talk to them in person 

3 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

It is always better to communicate with them in person. All this email things is going nowhere unfortunately. I doubt you will reach any positive results. These people are like machines. Its better to talk to them in person 

I disagree ... I prefer a paper trail to document what really happened, what was communicated, etc.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, pms4104 said:

I disagree ... I prefer a paper trail to document what really happened, what was communicated, etc.

Me too.   Besides, they did not want to talk to me.  Did not return my calls. 

As I said, my emails - and I kept them in an email chain so that I have all our communication in one message that I will keep for a long time  - worked.

I follow an ombudsman website that recommends ALWAYS communicating in writing.

35 minutes ago, LDVinNC said:

Me too.   Besides, they did not want to talk to me.  Did not return my calls. 

As I said, my emails - and I kept them in an email chain so that I have all our communication in one message that I will keep for a long time  - worked.

I follow an ombudsman website that recommends ALWAYS communicating in writing.

Agreed - throughout the whole tortuous refund nightmare, I never got anywhere with phone calls. It was only when I found an email of someone up the chain of command that things finally got resolved. 

I have sent an email to the address on the letter and have left a voicemail but much prefer to have this in writing for my proof!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

In the same situation and your comments summed up perfectly how I feel about it.  I've received 3 invoices and 2 calls at this point for the exact same invoice, 2 of those invoices coming after I provided proof of payment.

I just received another invoice today (that's 2 in 2 days - this invoice was dated before the first one I received). Both for the same cancelled cruise. Both for different amounts. Both in USD, even though I am in Canada and have only ever booked in CAD. Still no response from them yet. I can wait...

I also got two invoices in the mail, three voice mails, and an email from them. The invoices are in USD even though I had paid in Canadian. I don't know what to do at this point as I no longer have the credit card that the charges were on.  I can't even access past statements online to show them what had happened.

This is going to involve time and effort to go to my bank to get this sorted out. It's been over 10 months since this fiasco occured. Why would they wait until now to start claiming that people owe them money? My concern is that they will start sending those invoices to collection agencies even though we don't owe them money.

I got an email response from the person listed on the invoice. She said that was trying to find out further information and would get back to me. So, the person in charge of collecting the "debt" has no idea what the "debt" is for? That doesn't instill confidence...

1 hour ago, SJunie said:

This is going to involve time and effort to go to my bank to get this sorted out.

Cutting to the chase....

If you can't see your statements online, cal or emaill the bank and request hard copies. You may have to do it in person, and lots of banks are taking appointments for stuff like this.

Waiting for someone else to fix this for you will get you nowhere fast.

It doesn't matter how long Princess waited to contact you.

If you owe them money, you owe them money.

If you don't, the sooner you can prove that, the better for everyone involved.

Edited by CineGraphic
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

I got an email response from the person listed on the invoice. She said that was trying to find out further information and would get back to me. So, the person in charge of collecting the "debt" has no idea what the "debt" is for? That doesn't instill confidence...

Sometimes I get quick response when I post on their social media pages.