Problem with EZAIR?

PoohUnderstands

When our Alaskan cruise for 2020 on the Pacific Princess was canceled, I booked one for 2021 right away.   I had booked a suite for us and an aft cabin next door for our son and his girlfriend on the Sapphire.    I had great first class seats for all of us with great connections.   A month ago, my TA called and said the Sapphire was being repositioned.   I started looking right after she called and to my surprise, they did not add another ship.   So, we had to find cabins on ships that were already 3/4 booked.    I picked a ship and luckily found one aft suite but there were no cabins close to us and not much of a choice of available cabin.  I ended up getting them a mini closer to the bow.    I was not very happy because the  both cabins were more expensive - $5000 total.   I immediately looked for flights.  Terrible connections and prices were $700 more per person.     I booked us on the best ones I could get.   The original cruise is still showing up on my personalizer.   I called and asked them to change the flights to our new booking but they said they could not.     We also lost OBC's.

So to get to my point:         

I have looked many times on EZAIR and now, there are NO flights available getting to and from our cruise.   I did try to call and they would not let me talk to anyone from EZair.     I just looked now and again   - nothing is available.      I do have flights and I don't want to do anything that would make them disappear - if a cabin becomes available for the kids closer to us, I am afraid to take it because I might have to give those up.        I almost feel like paying for the original flights on my personalizer.   Not sure if that would work or not.                 

But all in all, I have been very unhappy with Princess this past year.    

1 hour ago, compozer said:

I do have flights and I don't want to do anything that would make them disappear - if a cabin becomes available for the kids closer to us, I am afraid to take it because I might have to give those up.        I almost feel like paying for the original flights on my personalizer.   Not sure if that would work or not.

If you call Princess to change category/cabin/fare code but are staying on the same sailing there is no worry about losing flights as they are attached to the Princess cruise booking # not the cabin #.  The only way you would lose the flights is if you actually cancel the current cruise booking and start afresh for some reason.  As long as cruise booking # does not change you are ok.

1 hour ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

If you call Princess to change category/cabin/fare code but are staying on the same sailing there is no worry about losing flights as they are attached to the Princess cruise booking # not the cabin #.  The only way you would lose the flights is if you actually cancel the current cruise booking and start afresh for some reason.  As long as cruise booking # does not change you are ok.

I changed cabins a while back and they changed my booking number so I did lose my original flights.   I told her I should have been able to keep the, but she disagreed.   So, now I do not trust them.

2 hours ago, compozer said:

I changed cabins a while back and they changed my booking number so I did lose my original flights.   I told her I should have been able to keep the, but she disagreed.   So, now I do not trust them.

The only reason to issue a new booking # would be if it was required to cancel and rebook to get a special promotion that was only available on a “new” booking and could not be attached to the existing reservation #. This would also mean the loss of any original booking perks that were no longer available.  A simple change of category/cabin, and even most regards, do not require a cancel/rebook.  Either the agent did not explain that the new fare/promo selected when changing cabins required a cancel/rebook or was inexperienced. 

There is also a way for Princess agent to detach air from a reservation without cancelling, perform a cancel/rebook, then reattach the original air. This is more complex and only experienced agents seem to know the “tricks” to making it happen.

Of course a GOOD travel agent would know all these tricks and help ensure you were properly looked after

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

8 hours ago, compozer said:

The original cruise is still showing up on my personalizer.   I called and asked them to change the flights to our new booking but they said they could not.    

I almost feel like paying for the original flights on my personalizer.   Not sure if that would work or not.                 

Although the flights may still show in the personalizer for the cancelled cruise, if you check the airline's web sit you will likely find your reservation no longer exists.

7 hours ago, caribill said:

Although the flights may still show in the personalizer for the cancelled cruise, if you check the airline's web sit you will likely find your reservation no longer exists.

That's exactly what I see for our now-cancelled B2B in Mar/Apr.

Mine are not showing up in my Delta account.     That is ok.   As the people always say on Judge Judy - "it is what it is"           Things are so screwed up with this covid.   Praying things get straightened out sometime in the spring and hoping I will not have any more cruises canceled.    I really am more concerned about the crew.   I am in contact with many and they are hurting back in their homes with no income so hoping they get back on the ships soon.               

I need a nice vacation and it can't come fast enough