Face masks at sea.

2 hours ago, Tippyton said:

Nope. 

Why masks if everybody has to be vaccinated?  What about us who have had it already?  I'll say it again - ships will do only what the US and other major embarkation countries require.  Ports will then adapt to what the cruise lines do in a way that makes it most enjoyable for the visitors while being most protective of their populations.  Free market dynamics always get to the right solution.

Thank you. Since most people won't be seriously effected by this there is no point to having the vaccine if you have the wear the mask for the rest of your life despite having it.  Isn't the point not to have to do it. You may as well just wear the mask and not bother with the vaccine.

But ships will do what they want. Question. At the start of all this what was this whole thing with RCL and NCL as well I think not allowing certain countries to cruise and being accused of being racist for it? Was that their decision or a government decision.

27 minutes ago, flamingos said:

How long do they anticipate having this policy in effect?  Are they looking long-term, or just until mid-summer or when they think enough people will be vaccinated? 

I don't think he knows but the answer is forever and a day because the CDC wants to destroy the industry. The problem the industry will have is it might be the only vaccination type which requires masks forever. Others won't and cruising will lose big time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ROYAL CARIBBEAN DUDE said:

As a crew member, I am always intrigued by hearing your opinions on wearing a mask on your next cruise vacation.

I honestly thought the majority of people would be fine with this new rule now. Personally, I have no issues wearing a mask and have enjoyed ways to make them fashionable.

Will you wear a mask, now that we know for sure, we will most definitely be required to wear one on your next cruise vacation?

Chris Wong

Tell me Chris do they expect the crew like you 6 or however many in a cabin to wear a mask in your sleep? Because you could easily infect the other 5. And will passengers be expected to wear them in their sleep?

9 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

I don't think he knows but the answer is forever and a day because the CDC wants to destroy the industry. The problem the industry will have is it might be the only vaccination type which requires masks forever. Others won't and cruising will lose big time.

7 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Tell me Chris do they expect the crew like you 6 or however many in a cabin to wear a mask in your sleep? Because you could easily infect the other 5. And will passengers be expected to wear them in their sleep?

Facepalm | Know Your Meme

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, robtulipe said:

Typically it's two and the other person then is in your bubble so no mask is needed in your cabin .

2 in a crew cabin? Not an officers cabin. By officer I don't mean bridge officer I mean the entertainment team who can use the gym and hangout in the nightclub. Don't know about RCL but on NCL the entertainment team can eat at speciality restaurants if they pay for it of course and hang out in bliss I have hung out with them. And on Cunard the entertainment team are classed as officer perhaps on RCL it is different. 

I would have thought the mainstay of the crew who you never see. The kitchen staff, the cabin steward, the waiters etc etc. I would have thought they would 4 or even 6 to a cabin given the sheer number of them on some of these RCL ships?

28 minutes ago, robtulipe said:

Typically it's two and the other person then is in your bubble so no mask is needed in your cabin .

But if the 2 cabin mates work in different parts of the ship lets say. Does not that break "the bubble"?

4 minutes ago, loman said:

I wont be either if there are any restrictions . I can wait this virus out .

We can drive to the beach on nice days, eat out etc. here.  We are thinking about maybe driving to South Dakota - the Black Hills once it warms up there next year.  

As long as masks are required onboard cruising is not safe in my opinion. My family will resume our cruise holidays when masks are no longer required by passengers onboard, which should be soon if these vaccines are effective. If we still have to wear masks after the vaccines are administered than hmmmmmmm......

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ROYAL CARIBBEAN DUDE said:

As a crew member, I am always intrigued by hearing your opinions on wearing a mask on your next cruise vacation.

I honestly thought the majority of people would be fine with this new rule now. Personally, I have no issues wearing a mask and have enjoyed ways to make them fashionable.

Will you wear a mask, now that we know for sure, we will most definitely be required to wear one on your next cruise vacation?

Chris Wong

We would wear a mask but would prefer not to.

Hopefully it would be only when you are walking around and you can take the mask off while seated in bars, restaurants and sunbeds.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, sfaaa said:

The whole ship is one giant bubble.  Most get it but apparently not you.

I understand that but are crew members in cabins and passengers in cabins together not a bubble within a bubble to put it like that. Families will spend most time with each other including at least 8 hours a night in the cabin if not 10 hours. Crew members half the time in their cabin if not working.

17 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

If masks are forever, I’ll buy another motor home and return to strictly “land cruising”.  I will not spend a week or more on a ship that looks like a hospital ward. 
Just my opinion. 

Here in CA it's so normal for everyone to wear a mask that the people that DON'T wear one are the people we notice the most.  

It's going to become a "no mask, no service" kind of world for a while, and everyone has to make their own decision about it.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, firefly333 said:

A little off topic, watching stock channel and if you refuse to wear a mask to fly your name goes on a no fly list. I was surprised to hear the list has 1,200 names already. 

Those are the type of folks who will book a cruise and then try to 86 the mask once onboard.  And based on my experience with cruise-line security,. I'd say they might get away with it.

Gday From down under!

Full time mask wearing is a deal breaker for me.

Australia has done extremely well dealing with Covid19 - we are almost back to pre-covid living.

mask wearing is only recommended where SD can't be maintained eg public transport.

its easier when you are a big island in the middle of nowhere..😁

I have everything crossed for Australia/New Zealand cruises starting mid to late 2021.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, pcur said:

Here in CA it's so normal for everyone to wear a mask that the people that DON'T wear one are the people we notice the most.  

It's going to become a "no mask, no service" kind of world for a while, and everyone has to make their own decision about it.

Not here, maybe in YOUR world. No we won't go if masks are required, too many other things to do without being forced to don laundry.

Edited by L454S
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, ROYAL CARIBBEAN DUDE said:

Chris Wong

I think most people are getting used to the idea of wearing a face mask.