Face masks at sea.

As a crew member, I am always intrigued by hearing your opinions on wearing a mask on your next cruise vacation.

I honestly thought the majority of people would be fine with this new rule now. Personally, I have no issues wearing a mask and have enjoyed ways to make them fashionable.

Will you wear a mask, now that we know for sure, we will most definitely be required to wear one on your next cruise vacation?

Chris Wong

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I think there have been several face mask threads where people showed their masks for formal night, I'll wear whatever I have whenever cruises resume.

I'd say the people booking are ok with the rule, or why else would they book a cruise knowing it is required. I do see some posts saying they wouldn't book until these new protocols are gone. Who knows if covid will ever be gone, I sure dont. Their choice not to book. 

Idk any crazy about wearing them but we have to wear them at home. I'm mostly getting used to it.

A little off topic, watching stock channel and if you refuse to wear a mask to fly your name goes on a no fly list. I was surprised to hear the list has 1,200 names already. 

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, ROYAL CARIBBEAN DUDE said:

As a crew member, I am always intrigued by hearing your opinions on wearing a mask on your next cruise vacation.

I honestly thought the majority of people would be fine with this new rule now. Personally, I have no issues wearing a mask and have enjoyed ways to make them fashionable.

Will you wear a mask, now that we know for sure, we will most definitely be required to wear one on your next cruise vacation?

Chris Wong

If it's required then everyone will have to wear one whether they want to or not.  I do have a problem with the comments I hear on CC where people plan on always having a drink in their hand in order to by-pass the mask rule.

24 minutes ago, ROYAL CARIBBEAN DUDE said:

Chris Wong

Just curious, how often are they recommending crew members change masks each day?

• Like 1

I can deal with mask requirements, the requirement to only take ship shore excursions with no self exploring at any port is a deal breaker for me.  

It's not how I want to travel the world.  If a hotel in Europe allowed me to check but never leave the hotel I'd cancel that too. 

Cancelled my 2021 cruises, looking towards 2022 hoping to travel closer to normal.

Hopefully those are okay with these restrictions will post trip reports here on CC so I can live vicariously through them.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

If a mask is a requirement I will not go.

I actually will not be cruising until it is like it was before covid. 

If you look at the world around you it should be obvious masks are not working. 3200 US Covid deaths yesterday. A lot of the dying said they did it all. 6 foot SD. Masks, Wash Hands and so on. Isolation is the only effective method. That rules out travel.

• Like 9

Nope. 

Why masks if everybody has to be vaccinated?  What about us who have had it already?  I'll say it again - ships will do only what the US and other major embarkation countries require.  Ports will then adapt to what the cruise lines do in a way that makes it most enjoyable for the visitors while being most protective of their populations.  Free market dynamics always get to the right solution.

My objection to masks is that most of them are ineffective.  This is further exacerbated by incorrect wear.  I will be wearing my 3M respirator with an added exhalation filter.  Feel free to wear designer masks however you like.  My mask will protect me, and with the added filter, I will be protecting my fellow shipmates. 

20201210_114201.jpg

• Like 1

No issues here Chris! We have several cruises booked in 2021 and 2022, and are very much looking forward to cruising, even if masks are required! Hoping RCCL offers masks for sale with its logo! Hey, maybe they can come up with a new design for a "drinking" mask that has small straw hole in it to wear only when drinking around the ship! Cheers!🥂

I really enjoy seeing you and listening to your videos! Keep them coming! Hope to meet you in person some day!!😘

I´ve been on a couple of cruises this year - river and ocean - and of course I did wear my mask. I´ll be off for another cruise in a couple of days - wearing my mask.

I have to wear a mask in my office and on my way to work in public transportation.

No problem at all.

steamboats

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

If a mask is a requirement I will not go.

I actually will not be cruising until it is like it was before covid. 

If you look at the world around you it should be obvious masks are not working. 3200 US Covid deaths yesterday. A lot of the dying said they did it all. 6 foot SD. Masks, Wash Hands and so on. Isolation is the only effective method. That rules out travel.

Then I suspect both you and I will never cruise again as masks will be required for ever and ever as they also prevents colds, flu, noro (can't touch your face if you are wearing a mask) and bronchitis caused by cold and flu though I think that comes later as well as Covid.

Of course masks don't work if 100% of Americans or 98% or whatever percent of americans above the age of 5 wearing mask would PREVENT this they would have been pretty quick to say so. They haven't. They have not said it PREVENTS. You can REDUCE but not PREVENT.

Edited by ace2542