Ships Switched - no notice?

birdlord

I just noticed today that my December 2021 cruise on Freedom has been switched to Explorer.  Not even the same class ship.  My cabin was reassigned, etc.  I never received any notice whatsoever from Royal or my TA.  Is this normal practice to make a major change and notify the customer to give them a chance to rebook another cruise?

6 minutes ago, birdlord said:

I just noticed today that my December 2021 cruise on Freedom has been switched to Explorer.  Not even the same class ship.  My cabin was reassigned, etc.  I never received any notice whatsoever from Royal or my TA.  Is this normal practice to make a major change and notify the customer to give them a chance to rebook another cruise?

Your TA would have received notice. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, birdlord said:

Galveston was changed from jewel to liberty and allure to liberty. Lots of this ship changing going around.

Sometimes emails get lost. I had a date on jewel totally cancelled and neither me or my ta apparently got notified. I saw a thread here on cc and found out. Read your roll call if you are on one, or cc, usually you will see someone mention changes. Are you wanting now to cancel? Contact your ta, and see if its too late to request a refund if that's what you want.

1 hour ago, birdlord said:

No comparison between ships- as you say different class.  I would change cruise- speak to RC or if you use a TA call him/her.  I was disappointed with the explore of the seas- not close to the Freedom class.  If you cannot move to Indy or Freedom- try for an Oasis class ship.  

1 hour ago, birdlord said:

Sounds like you need a new TA. Your TA  dropped the ball if they didn't notify you of the change. 

17 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

No comparison between ships- as you say different class.  I would change cruise- speak to RC or if you use a TA call him/her.  I was disappointed with the explore of the seas- not close to the Freedom class.  If you cannot move to Indy or Freedom- try for an Oasis class ship.  

I find Freedom an Voyager class to be extremely similar, and some people actually prefer Voyager. 

But yes, you should be notified in a timely manner

• Like 2

5 hours ago, spunks said:

if you are doing the work for your TA, why pay the TA?

We don't pay the TA, the cruise lines do.  The TA gives us OBC for the booking, a portion of their commission.

Having said that, I agree some TA's are better than others.    🍷

• Like 1