When does lift and shift go up to?

Hello, we've got a couple of cruises booked, some I don't think will go ahead, we have an Alaska cruise and landtour booked for June, I know a lot can happen between now and then but thinking about moving it to 2022 as there is one that has the same itinerary,  Looking on the RCI page it only shows to move to a 2021 sailing, does anyone know if this has been extended?

Something else, does a lift and shift have to be to the same date next year?  We have a Transatlantic for March which I don't hold out any hope of going ahead, there are none in March next year but a few in April, would I be able to move to one of those?

28 minutes ago, welshrich said:

Something else, does a lift and shift have to be to the same date next year?  We have a Transatlantic for March which I don't hold out any hope of going ahead, there are none in March next year but a few in April, would I be able to move to one of those?

It has to be one year plus or minus four weeks from your original sail date

• Like 1

1 hour ago, welshrich said:

The easiest way to find out what is eligible is to go to Royal’s site, click on cruise with confidence then select cancel your cruise.  You will then get the lift and shift option.  Select that and you will see your options.   Don’t worry until you hit a “confirm button” you can back out. 
https://cancellation.royalcaribbean.com/?brand=R&_ga=2.52395113.1156063706.1609845621-1005445726.1603969996

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The easiest way to find out what is eligible is to go to Royal’s site, click on cruise with confidence then select cancel your cruise.  You will then get the lift and shift option.  Select that and you will see your options.   Don’t worry until you hit a “confirm button” you can back out. 
https://cancellation.royalcaribbean.com/?brand=R&_ga=2.52395113.1156063706.1609845621-1005445726.1603969996

Thankyou.

• Like 2

Just called Royal, very strange, they offered me 3 lift and shift options for Transpacific cruises from Australia next year which are much more expensive but they will price match, Main issue is that with Covid I don't know whether we will be able to travel to Australia next year, also, it means two long flights instead of one long one and then sailing back across the Atlantic.  I asked her to check it twice, especially as other Transatlantic cruises would be cheaper for them to let me swap over to.   Normally I would just call again and see if I get a different answer.  Any suggestions?    The link on the website to cancel does not work, not sure if it's because I'm in the UK.

10 minutes ago, welshrich said:

Just called Royal, very strange, they offered me 3 lift and shift options for Transpacific cruises from Australia next year which are much more expensive but they will price match, Main issue is that with Covid I don't know whether we will be able to travel to Australia next year, also, it means two long flights instead of one long one and then sailing back across the Atlantic.  I asked her to check it twice, especially as other Transatlantic cruises would be cheaper for them to let me swap over to.   Normally I would just call again and see if I get a different answer.  Any suggestions?    The link on the website to cancel does not work, not sure if it's because I'm in the UK.

There should be a similar link on the UK site.  Look fir cruise with confidence and follow My previous instructions. 

12 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

There should be a similar link on the UK site.  Look fir cruise with confidence and follow My previous instructions. 

Thankyou, I did it on a different browser, it does just give me a choice of 3 Transpacific cruises from Australia to choose from, all much more expensive than the other transatlantic ones I would prefer.

Thanks again for your help.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, welshrich said:

Thankyou, I did it on a different browser, it does just give me a choice of 3 Transpacific cruises from Australia to choose from, all much more expensive than the other transatlantic ones I would prefer.

Thanks again for your help.

Strange, I thought L&S had to be the same sorta itinerary so a TransAtlantic for another TransAtlantic... so surprised they are offering you a TransPacific!  Perhaps geography is not their strong point!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Strange, I thought L&S had to be the same sorta itinerary so a TransAtlantic for another TransAtlantic... so surprised they are offering you a TransPacific!  Perhaps geography is not their strong point!

They have made a few exceptions in the case of TA's as there are limited exact matches

• Thanks 1

Is there a similar link for Celebrity? So unsure about my July 30, 2021, British Isles sailing on Reflection (12 nights).

There seems to be a July 8, 2022 but to Scandinavia Russia (12 nights) on Apex but not sure this would qualify. Same category cabin for both.

Which would work out great as I have a July 26, 2022 booked with RCI also out of Amsterdam 

giving me 5 days in between...and only one flight then to Amsterdam.

5 hours ago, little britain said:

It is strange, when I called they said the same 3 options, I pointed out I am in the UK and the cruises are from the other side of the world but it made no difference, shame though as the Transpacific cruises are more than double the price I paid so it would have been a good deal, even when I said that it was cheaper for them to let me move to a Transatlantic there was no movement.

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

Is there a similar link for Celebrity? So unsure about my July 30, 2021, British Isles sailing on Reflection (12 nights).

There seems to be a July 8, 2022 but to Scandinavia Russia (12 nights) on Apex but not sure this would qualify. Same category cabin for both.

Which would work out great as I have a July 26, 2022 booked with RCI also out of Amsterdam 

giving me 5 days in between...and only one flight then to Amsterdam.

https://cancellation.celebritycruises.com/?brand=C&program=liftshift

14 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Thanks so much...always so helpful.

Says I'm not eligible for L/S must sail before May 2022.

Darn...hoping this might change eventually.

Seems to me they are going to have to extend it, or do a lot of refunds, or people will be stuck with fccs they cant use.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Thanks so much...always so helpful.

Says I'm not eligible for L/S must sail before May 2022.

Darn...hoping this might change eventually.

I didn’t even read last the comment for the link on Celebrity or I would have mentioned that those wouldn’t have been eligible.