CDC no longer prohibiting cruises longer than seven days?

Re the Princess webinar, poster AstroFlyer pointed to start at around the 35:55 mark and listen to the Princess VP of Sales answer a B2B question and state that he had just come out of a meeting and had new info that B2B are a "Hard No" - he also talks about testing at the end of the cruise and states there will be a possibility of a self quarantine for a few days after your cruise and you couldn't do that if you were on another cruise, so 7 day max on US cruises:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=258858499005733&id=607462672735101&anchor_composer=false

Of course this is Princess and not RCI, and things are changing all the time, but just to hear a line VP actually say that was interesting.

• Thanks 1

Since the itineraries are available to book and there is a chance that the CDC will reverse their decision to allow longer cruises before November 1st, travel agents and Royal Caribbean have no reason not to allow bookings.  It's not over until the CDC sings.  All booked cruises are a go until they are canceled after you make final payment.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

RCL does not care about any rules or regulations. If you are giving them money at this point, they will take it. Even if the CDC said that there are no cruises in 2021 more than 4 nights in the US, RCL would sell everything they could from 5-21 nights.

Then why has Royal pulled all 8 night and longer cruises from the website.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Then why has Royal pulled all 8 night and longer cruises from the website.

We have a 12 night booked in November and their site still allows me to book it along with 8 nights. Of course, we are already wondering if any cruises will sail from the US in 2021.

1 minute ago, retiredgram said:

We have a 12 night booked in November and their site still allows me to book it along with 8 nights. Of course, we are already wondering if any cruises will sail from the US in 2021.

The CDC order only covers cruises through Nov 1.  That is why yours is still available to book

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I think RCI doesn’t care what type of cruises people book, to include B2Bs, because they know the chances of cruises resuming from US ports in 2021 is extremely low. 

Yes, that's what I've been saying there is no reason for rcl to take a position on a cruise that has a high probability of getting cancelled. Same same.

Maybe we will hit herd immunity before late fall as predicted with this new strain of covid and many many more cases. If we are waiting for herd immunity as some think, my sept booking is even a worry.

22 hours ago, sandebeach said:

Just because you can book it, does not mean it will actually happen. Still waiting to hear about my 8-day Independence cruises that have been pulled off the website. 

Agreed.  Case in point, cruise lines still offer cruise itineraries with Grand Cayman as a stop.  Government here has stated cruises will not be returning in 2021.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SilkySal said:

but won't be booking airfare to Barcelona anytime soon.

Take a look at Air 2 Sea.  Fully refundable, add it to your reservation now and lock in a price but do not pay until final.  If you see the price drop just cancel and rebook or as the time gets closer and you know you are going and you see an airline direct price that is better then cancel air 2 sea.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Take a look at Air 2 Sea.  Fully refundable, add it to your reservation now and lock in a price but do not pay until final.  If you see the price drop just cancel and rebook or as the time gets closer and you know you are going and you see an airline direct price that is better then cancel air 2 sea.

Went ahead and booked our refundable flights to Barcelona via Air2Sea; however, I notice that there is an extra $225pp added for a cancellation fee. Did you know about that? The one-way flight price is not bad and we won't be the ones to cancel, so I'm not real concerned about that fee. But, if price drops, not so sure we would be able to cancel and re-book it. The airfare charge was just added to our cruise reservation booking, so, you are right there, we do not have to pay for it until final payment. Thanks again for your advice!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SilkySal said:

Went ahead and booked our refundable flights to Barcelona via Air2Sea; however, I notice that there is an extra $225pp added for a cancellation fee. Did you know about that? The one-way flight price is not bad and we won't be the ones to cancel, so I'm not real concerned about that fee. But, if price drops, not so sure we would be able to cancel and re-book it. The airfare charge was just added to our cruise reservation booking, so, you are right there, we do not have to pay for it until final payment. Thanks again for your advice!

That fee is only after final payment has been made

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Yes, that's what I've been saying there is no reason for rcl to take a position on a cruise that has a high probability of getting cancelled. Same same.

Maybe we will hit herd immunity before late fall as predicted with this new strain of covid and many many more cases. If we are waiting for herd immunity as some think, my sept booking is even a worry.

Herd immunity is a marketing ploy at this point. 

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

Herd immunity is a marketing ploy at this point. 

I'm sure you have a medical degree to know that it wouldnt exist?

I dont need a marketing ploy to get it at my age. I've been pushing to get the vaccine. 

Edited by firefly333

11 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I'm sure you have a medical degree to know that it wouldnt exist?

I dont need a marketing ploy to get it at my age. I've been pushing to get the vaccine. 

Oh it certainly exists. But the term is being used very improperly by the media and politicians. Even the WHO changed its definition conveniently just for covid.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, jaredhamburg said:

Has anyone heard anything about the cruises longer than 7 days (from a US port) and before 11/1/2021?  Just curious.

Thanks in advance!

J

The 2 cruises that I have booked that exceed 7 days are still showing "closed" even though they have not been cancelled.  To my knowledge, nothing has changed.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

The 2 cruises that I have booked that exceed 7 days are still showing "closed" even though they have not been cancelled.  To my knowledge, nothing has changed.

I  kind of wish a decision would just be made.  I have a cruise leaving in October 2021, but I do not really want to make final payment in early July if there are no answers.  I am so glad I booked a refundable fare/deposit.....I appreciate your response!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Grandma Petania said:

My daughter and I are booked on Symphony Nov. 13-20-21, as are my son and his husband.  I decided to add the week before (Nov. 6-13) for DD and me.  No problem so far with the B2B.

There is no problem booking any cruise - the problem is leaving when they don’t go. 

Its like a Seinfeld episode with the dinner reservation- they take it but then....

But - I do truly hope you ship sails in November. By then we should understand things better! 

Yes, we are cautiously optimistic about November.  Our March 2020 cruise (which was to be the "boys" treat to celebrate my 80th birthday) was cancelled.  DD and I already had another cruise scheduled for December 2020, so we added a cabin for them, (having no idea cruising would be suspended for more than a year).  When December 2020 was cancelled, we Lifted & Shifted to November 2021.  IF we sail in November, we will now be celebrating my 82nd birthday.