VACCINE AVAILABILITY

mcrcruiser

22 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

Thanks for your post Denise  .This is not the JnJ one shot vaccine which we feel has less side effects  , We waited this long   , Waiting a month or so to get the JnJ locally is not excessive now .

Cliff

Cliff just saw on news here local April 16th opening up age 16 and up for vaccines and J and J has been shipped here on Wednesday! I have been volunteering giving the vaccines at Scripps, The Del Mar Race Track and when Petco Park was open. So I see you will be able soon to get the vaccine.

Good Luck to both of you! Stay safe .

Denise😊

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Cliff just saw on news here local April 16th opening up age 16 and up for vaccines and J and J has been shipped here on Wednesday! I have been volunteering giving the vaccines at Scripps, The Del Mar Race Track and when Petco Park was open. So I see you will be able soon to get the vaccine.

Good Luck to both of you! Stay safe .

Denise😊

Denise was the  JnJ vaccine shipped to this area yesterday , March 24th ?  Where will it show up  ,like can we get it at a close by CVS or any other pharmacy  or the Del Mar fair grounds . Also ,how do we check  on what web site  & make our appointments .All your help is greatly appreciated .Thanks un advance 

Cliff 

10 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

Denise was the  JnJ vaccine shipped to this area yesterday , March 24th ?  Where will it show up  ,like can we get it at a close by CVS or any other pharmacy  or the Del Mar fair grounds . Also ,how do we check  on what web site  & make our appointments .All your help is greatly appreciated .Thanks un advance 

Cliff 

I can help on that.  https://myturn.ca.gov  links into the local drug stores for appointments. When I looked today, no J&J available yet.  BUT...it changes every day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AncientWanderer said:

I can help on that.  https://myturn.ca.gov  links into the local drug stores for appointments. When I looked today, no J&J available yet.  BUT...it changes every day.

🌺Thank you so much for helping!!

I know Vons.com hooks up to Albertsons 

and is limited. CVS also will be getting the supply and soon with now opening up to age 50 now and then to age 16 on April 15th! J and J will be a smaller supply but the distribution is here! I was also going to tell Cliff to go to My Turn!

Denise😊

21 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

Cliff 

Cliff there is a group called Vaccine Angles.com they help in getting you your vaccines! They can also register you and will help you get that appt. I replyed to ancient warrior and she also suggested 

myturn. Yes CVS will also have J and J  distributed to them. Be patient . BUT NEVER GIVE UP LOOKING! 
Denise😊

2 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺Thank you so much for helping!!

I know Vons.com hooks up to Albertsons 

and is limited. CVS also will be getting the supply and soon with now opening up to age 50 now and then to age 16 on April 15th! J and J will be a smaller supply but the distribution is here! I was also going to tell Cliff to go to My Turn!

Denise😊

Denise I realize that the JnJ is much limited vs the  other vaccines but ,it is the one best for us  .We gave checked the myturm.ca.gov  web site many times . The best way we can find  any kind of delivery i think is to google the question daily until it shows up  as doses being locally available  vs going through the   mant srwos on the myturn,ca,gov web site .  As a side note ,one needs to wonder why the CVS mini clinics  did not get any  of the vaccines  or the State /County realized that there  would be unsufficent people there to vaccinate the many needed  

3 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

Thank you for posting your source.

"no evidence that vaccination contributed to patient deaths." 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

Denise I realize that the JnJ is much limited vs the  other vaccines but ,it is the one best for us  .We gave checked the myturm.ca.gov  web site many times . The best way we can find  any kind of delivery i think is to google the question daily until it shows up  as doses being locally available  vs going through the   mant srwos on the myturn,ca,gov web site .  As a side note ,one needs to wonder why the CVS mini clinics  did not get any  of the vaccines  or the State /County realized that there  would be unsufficent people there to vaccinate the many needed  

The Pharmacy program, using CVS, Walgreens, Safeway family of stores, etc, is not run nor controlled by the state. It is run by Medicare. They issue a small number of doses (a couple in our area say they get 80 doses per week) because their physical facilities are pretty small. I know our Safeway (which had me on a call list for open appointments, and called me for the second time this week) could not, within the size of their pharmacy, handle more than about 12 shots a day. The area is just too small. Another reason you are finding it difficult to get a vaccination at CVS.

5 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

The Pharmacy program, using CVS, Walgreens, Safeway family of stores, etc, is not run nor controlled by the state. It is run by Medicare. They issue a small number of doses (a couple in our area say they get 80 doses per week) because their physical facilities are pretty small. I know our Safeway (which had me on a call list for open appointments, and called me for the second time this week) could not, within the size of their pharmacy, handle more than about 12 shots a day. The area is just too small. Another reason you are finding it difficult to get a vaccination at CVS.

I just had my 2nd Dose at our local Walgreens.  I asked her how many Doses a day and she said at the very beginning they first started out with 40 Doses per day but have been doing 60 per day for awhile now.  Next week they go to 80 Doses per day and she said they are doing them Daily.  We had Moderna but they have also Vaccinated with Pfizer and J&J.  She said some of the larger stores are doing more Doses per day due to size and more Technicians.  Ours is small and they have a small Room by the Pharmacy Counter where they do the Flu Shots, etc. and outside of the Room they have five chairs and the area roped off.  

I also asked her if she is seeing many young people getting Vaccinated and she said yes and even College Kids.  I guess not all the young are being scared off by Social Media Anti-Vaccers! 

@mcrcruiser  Have you tried your local Walgreens.  My Sister who lives in NC only wanted J&J.  She called them about a month ago and they put her on a list for when they would have J&J available.   Two weeks ago she received a call from them and had her Dose.

Edited by idiebabe

38 minutes ago, idiebabe said:

I just had my 2nd Dose at our local Walgreens.  I asked her how many Doses a day and she said at the very beginning they first started out with 40 Doses per day but have been doing 60 per day for awhile now.  Next week they go to 80 Doses per day and she said they are doing them Daily.  We had Moderna but they have also Vaccinated with Pfizer and J&J.  She said some of the larger stores are doing more Doses per day due to size and more Technicians.  Ours is small and they have a small Room by the Pharmacy Counter where they do the Flu Shots, etc. and outside of the Room they have five chairs and the area roped off.  

I also asked her if she is seeing many young people getting Vaccinated and she said yes and even College Kids.  I guess not all the young are being scared off by Social Media Anti-Vaccers! 

@mcrcruiser  Have you tried your local Walgreens.  My Sister who lives in NC only wanted J&J.  She called them about a month ago and they put her on a list for when they would have J&J available.   Two weeks ago she received a call from them and had her Dose.

Walgreens (and CVS for that matter) are not doing Covid vaccines in all states. Don't believe Walgreens is doing Covid vaccines in California. 

Your Walgreens must be larger than average. Our CVS would struggle to do more than about 3 per hour, due to size of their facilities. 

47 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Walgreens (and CVS for that matter) are not doing Covid vaccines in all states. Don't believe Walgreens is doing Covid vaccines in California. 

Your Walgreens must be larger than average. Our CVS would struggle to do more than about 3 per hour, due to size of their facilities. 

Your right Bruce! Walgreens is back east and here in California is CVS! No Walgreens here are involved. 
Denise😊

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Your right Bruce! Walgreens is back east and here in California is CVS! No Walgreens here are involved. 
Denise😊

There is a Walgreens in Poway that is vaccinating.  My daughter made her appt at a Walgreens in the Temecula area.

Edited by kiwimum

3 minutes ago, kiwimum said:

There is a Walgreens in Poway that is vaccinating.  My daughter made her appt at a Walgreens in the Temecula area.

That is awesome to hear!! As of right now none in San Diego county! Could be that with the shipment of new vaccines next week they might be opening up here! Especially now with opening up all ages by April 16th! Such a God send!

Denise😊

4 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

We keep trying  to get the JnJ vaccine shot . Perhaps more availability come April  for this JnJ vaccine . Then finding the outlets for the shot .  

Kiwimum responded 

There is a Walgreens in Poway that is vaccinating.  My daughter made her appt at a Walgreens in the Temecula area.

Please try out there! Hope they have the J and J

ready to disperse. You never know. I believe next week might be hopeful for you.

Denise😊

Denise there are Walgreens all over San Diego, there maybe one closer to Encinitas.   Go to Walgreens.com to schedule.  
In the County update on Wednesday they indicated J&J was primarily being used in the hard to reach community, agricultural workers and home bound seniors.   Have not seen any sites offering J&J.

Edited by kiwimum

56 minutes ago, kiwimum said:

In the County update on Wednesday they indicated J&J was primarily being used in the hard to reach community, agricultural workers and home bound seniors.  

Which makes sense. The hard to reach need to be reached only once that way. Much more efficient use of resources. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kiwimum said:

Plenty of appts just showed up for Del Mar fairgrounds on March 30.  Pfizer vaccine.

I know. I am giving those vaccines. I was trying for one of our CCers who needs the J and J vaccines due to the their compromised health conditions per their doctor.I am volunteering as a retired DDS. I really care and am trying to help.

sincerely 

Denise😊

PS Thankyou for your help!

• Like 1

Here in Minnesota we are opening up to 16+ on Tuesday because of the anticipated increase in vaccine shipments. Right now appointments are hard to find. DH gets his second shot next week, I got my first this week. ( I signed up DH through a county sight and all appts were gone within minutes.) An article this week said that appointments in Mpls/St. Paul had a 3-4 week wait, but as more vaccine rolls in, more appts become available. My sister (metro area) snagged one for next Wednesday today.

What I have noticed is that many of the more remote regions are relying heavily on pharmacies and sometimes seem to offer appointments for days before filled. In the twin cities metro (and other larger cities) they are adding more vaccine sites when availability allows, as well as pharmacies and health care providers. It seems like those of us in between are living in a desert with very limited supply. As soon as appts hit the computer they are scooped up. Had my appt this week through our health care provider. They are currently doing about 200 a day, three days a week (this includes both first and second doses). Our county sites seem to be focusing on specific groups most of the time - teachers, health care, food service, etc.

As a whole we are doing very well. Think the 65+ group is now at or over 80% vaccinated. We are also doing well at getting the vaccine out and into arms.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, kiwimum said:

Plenty of appts just showed up for Del Mar fairgrounds on March 30.  Pfizer vaccine.

Thank you so much for posting this.  While DH and I had already secured our vaccinations, we had others we were trying to help get appointments and they're now all set for Del Mar.

Again, thank you for posting!   ♥️

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

Anyone still looking for appointments CVS adds new ones each morning at 6am est. I have helped a few people  make appts. .  this process is very user friendly for anyone looking to help others book as well. 

https://www.cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine

Not here in California . We have looked there repeatedly & not once was there any CVS ever listed in Calif giving covid vaccine injections . We just  seen some one post about a Walgreens  giving  vaccine injections in San Diego county .  The problem with a lot of information posted on this thread is it it too old , not accurate or totally misconstrued when it comes to vaccine availability  . We patiently wait for the JnJ vaccine to  be available in our city or close by  because this is what our doctor recommends for us