VACCINE AVAILABILITY

mcrcruiser

7 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

What is his or her medical reasoning for saying that? 

It seemed to me you had already made up your minds before you started saying that it was on your doctor's advice....

He/she also said their doctor said not to get the stronger senior dose of annual flu vaccine.  I’d be looking for another doctor.  ( Retired nurse here).  EM

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

He/she also said their doctor said not to get the stronger senior dose of annual flu vaccine.  I’d be looking for another doctor.  ( Retired nurse here).  EM

My wife, the pharmacist, said the exact same thing.

• Like 2

mcrcruiser has had many, many people attempt to help, including me. All of my friends and family who are eligible have gotten their vaccine or have appointments scheduled.

As Mom used to say "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink"

~Nancy

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

On 3/27/2021 at 7:44 PM, oakridger said:

mcrcruiser has had many, many people attempt to help, including me. All of my friends and family who are eligible have gotten their vaccine or have appointments scheduled.

As Mom used to say "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink"

~Nancy

Hmmm easy to use words when you are not in the hunt for  our doctor recommended  JnJ  vaccine shot . BTW ,just today on Next Door Neighbor some one in our locality posted that they are experiencing extreme hard time getting their 2nd vaccine shot . 

I just never could understand how people who do not live in or area so easily pass judgements   

Additionally those who don't understand why our  internist /Geriatric doctor does not give any of his patients the  stronger yearly flu vaccine ,imo should go back to medical school become a MD get board certified,see the patient & their medical history  & then render a medical opinion 

On 3/27/2021 at 5:49 PM, sandiego1 said:

So many have tried to help him but he keeps coming up with another excuse. He just wants to complain. I checked myturn yesterday and there were LOTS of appointments available at the Del Mar super site for 3/30 and 4/1. I let several friends know and they were able to book appointments!

CVS had availability for Moderna this morning in San Diego for April 2. 

I hope anyone who needs an appt. gets it and isn’t discourage  or mis directed by some of the above posts because  appts DO exist. 
Also the new appts are added 3am PT keeping with the 6am time frame for the East Coast.

Edited by Jadn13
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Huh?

My error  .This belonged  on a HAL Hawaii Roll Call   .sorry ,this happens but rarely when I am wirking too many  boards  ,at one rime .It is now in it;s proper place 

4 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

CVS had availability for Moderna this morning in San Diego for April 2. 

I hope anyone who needs an appt. gets it and isn’t discourage  or mis directed by some of the above posts because  appts DO exist. 
Also the new appts are added 3am PT keeping with the 6am time frame for the East Coast.

Thanks Jadn13. Good info. 

I think it's really important to clarify so that others don't become discouraged by what this particular poster has to say. There ARE appointments to be had.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Thanks Jadn13. Good info. 

I think it's really important to clarify so that others don't become discouraged by what this particular poster has to say. There ARE appointments to be had.

Yes there are appointments available with  the other 2 vaccines ;but ,not with  the JnJ  vaccine .to be clear 

3 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

We are using this web site to locate  vaccination locations . At some point we will be able to get our  one shot of the JnJ vaccine . 

https://www.sandiegocounty.gov/content/sdc/hhsa/programs/phs/community_epidemiology/dc/2019-nCoV/vaccines/COVID-19-VaxEvents.html

40,000 Pharmacies will start administering Apr 19th. That is up from 17,000. With distribution amongst so many additional outlets that will make it exponentially more difficult to find that JnJ vaccine you so covet. Why don't you give your dr. a call back and ask if he/she will reconsider you taking the Pfizer/Moderna vaccine. Adverse reactions to older people are not nearly as bad. Just a thought!

3 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

We are using this web site to locate  vaccination locations . At some point we will be able to get our  one shot of the JnJ vaccine . 

https://www.sandiegocounty.gov/content/sdc/hhsa/programs/phs/community_epidemiology/dc/2019-nCoV/vaccines/COVID-19-VaxEvents.html

I don't know why your Doctor is telling you only to take J&J but my Sister had J&J and had side effects.  She is also a Cancer Survivor.  They were actually the same side effects I just had with my 2nd Dose of Moderna.  Chills, achey legs, headache.  The good thing is the Side Effects only last 24 hours and then back to normal.  My other Sister had Moderna and had no side effects.

• Like 1

My husband and I live in Riverside County, just north of San Diego County.  The first month was SLOW!  But now there are more vaccines available than people signed up.  He got his second Moderna today and I got my second Moderna a month ago.  We are ages 60 and 62.  As of  4/1 people in CA 50 and over can get a vaccine.  Then ages 16 and over are allowed on 4/15.  The only way to get back to "normal" is to get a vaccine!  It is so great to not be worried about Covid when we are out and about.  I had mild symptoms the day after my second Moderna, and no symptoms after the first.  

Now there are websites that make finding a vaccine very easy.  If you had a hard time early on don't give up.  Things are really opening up even in California!  Some of the sites do indicate what vaccine is available.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, La Jollans love to cruise said:

My husband and I live in Riverside County, just north of San Diego County.  The first month was SLOW!  But now there are more vaccines available than people signed up.  He got his second Moderna today and I got my second Moderna a month ago.  We are ages 60 and 62.  As of  4/1 people in CA 50 and over can get a vaccine.  Then ages 16 and over are allowed on 4/15.  The only way to get back to "normal" is to get a vaccine!  It is so great to not be worried about Covid when we are out and about.  I had mild symptoms the day after my second Moderna, and no symptoms after the first.  

Now there are websites that make finding a vaccine very easy.  If you had a hard time early on don't give up.  Things are really opening up even in California!  Some of the sites do indicate what vaccine is available.  

Great news!  Please keep masking as appropriate everyone, even after getting the vaccine. It is the combination of both for several more months that will stop the cycle of surges and broad community spread (including to our children).  Just because symptoms are less with a vaccine we really dont want spead to slow varients and protect children until pediatric vaccines are tested and approved.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Pizzasteve said:

Great news!  Please keep masking as appropriate everyone, even after getting the vaccine. It is the combination of both for several more months that will stop the cycle of surges and broad community spread (including to our children).  Just because symptoms are less with a vaccine we really dont want spead to slow varients and protect children until pediatric vaccines are tested and approved.

Oh yes, we still "mask up" in public.  My husband worked in an operating room for 29 years. He was around AIDS/MRSA/SARS and a bunch of other infectious diseases.  Early on he kept telling me "people are not taking this seriously!" 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, saltshell said:

I would be more than happy to see mandatory vaccine cruise wide. My next cruise requires covid insurance coverage to sail. Always something.

Free Trip insurance with the Chase Sapphire Preferred Credit card . Also get bug payback .look into it .A incredible credit card for traveling any where 

7 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

Free Trip insurance with the Chase Sapphire Preferred Credit card . Also get bug payback .look into it .A incredible credit card for traveling any where 

Same with the Costco Citi VISA card. A full brochure of travel insurance is included with any trip paid for with the card, plus a very generous cash/credit program each year.

4 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

Same with the Costco Citi VISA card. A full brochure of travel insurance is included with any trip paid for with the card, plus a very generous cash/credit program each year.

Make sure you read the fine print.  Costco travel insurance changed in 2019, no cancellation or interruption insurance.   

1 minute ago, kiwimum said:

Make sure you read the fine print.  Costco travel insurance changed in 2019, no cancellation or interruption insurance.   

That was not in the fine print I last read. I'll have to go back and check again..

10 hours ago, KroozNut said:

Yikes!! 😲

11 hours ago, cruiserchuck said:

So maybe the JnJ vaccine is not worth waiting for.  A 74 year old's skin peeled off after getting the jab.

https://nypost.com/2021/03/30/mans-skin-peeled-off-in-reaction-to-johnson-johnson-covid-vax/

One case in how many shots ?  Not worth the worry nor time to check into it   .We still wait on the JnJ vaccine to be here in  April or vMay .JnJ is ramping up its production  to 100,000,000 shots