Yet Another FCC Question

MrBill64

I had a couple 2021 cruises cancelled during the November pause announcement. This morning I saw that my bonus FCC's for each cancelled cruise are listed in my account.  Should the actual amount I paid on my credit card many months ago show up as an additional FCC at a later date or should I be seeing that amount now?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Bill  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, clarky213 said:

The FCC will only be for the cruise fare. Port taxes will be refunded. So the total FCC will be less than what you originally paid with your Credit Card.

Thanks for your reply. I understand I will only be receiving a FCC for the cruise fare paid but I was wondering if this amount should already be showing up in my account since I am showing the bonus FCC right now.

Thanks for asking this question as my FCC bonus showed up today and I was wondering when my cruise fare would show up as a FCC.

1) I had a FCD applied to the cancelled cruise.  Will it go back as a FCD to be used again? It expiries August 2021.

2) where can I saw FCC & bonus for a minor?  I can not register her as you have be 18 yr old.

1 hour ago, Tak8 said:

In the past, when my cruise was cancelled I saw the regular FCC and bonus FCC money at the same time in my account.  

This is what I expected to occur but the only FCC that I can see is the bonus. I will give it a few days and see if my regular FCC shows up.

May I please ask, we had our April 2019 cruise cancelled and received FCC .. I used the FCC for our November 2021 on Discovery cruise, which I have just found out that this is now cancelled, what I would like to know is if I book another cruise will I be able to the FCC . Thanks for any help .. 

6 hours ago, triona said:

May I please ask, we had our April 2019 cruise cancelled and received FCC .. I used the FCC for our November 2021 on Discovery cruise, which I have just found out that this is now cancelled, what I would like to know is if I book another cruise will I be able to the FCC . Thanks for any help .. 

Does this help? 

20210113_201809.thumb.jpg.81d1cc82d428d5c6f78d2a38ab640c9c.jpg

FWIW I have had FCC returned to my bank a few times and reused them .... just did it again today 😃 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ombud said:

FWIW I have had FCC returned to my bank a few times and reused them .... just did it again today 😃 

Do you mean FCC or is that for  FCD     My understanding is that FCCs just expire if not used by the end date, FCDs  the "cash" element is returned to where it was paid from the OBC element is lost. 

However I have read of some exceptions to this  basic rule if it  was used for a cruise that was later cancelled.

Edited by Aulanis

7 hours ago, Ombud said:

Does this help? 

20210113_201809.thumb.jpg.81d1cc82d428d5c6f78d2a38ab640c9c.jpg

Thank you for your help.. We will hopefully be able to book for next year West Coast fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

My March 13, 2021 was cancelled in Nov 2020.  I had paid the cruise fare only.  I took 125%.FCC.

Cruise fare only was $1,857.70 /pp - $100 FCD (told would be put back) = $1,757.70

Bonus - received Jan 12 -        $385.33/pp

Cash FCC received Jan 13 - $1,541.33/pp

total-                                         $1,926.66/pp

Should it have been - $1,757.70 + 486.33 (25%)= $2,197.12?

I have asked my agent to question the amount.

34 minutes ago, phabric said:

My March 13, 2021 was cancelled in Nov 2020.  I had paid the cruise fare only.  I took 125%.FCC.

Cruise fare only was $1,857.70 /pp - $100 FCD (told would be put back) = $1,757.70

What do you mean by “you paid the cruise fare only”?  No fees, taxes, port charges were included?  Did you receive any kind of credit back to your original form of payment?

Good luck.

1 minute ago, jagoffee said:

What do you mean by “you paid the cruise fare only”?  No fees, taxes, port charges were included?  Did you receive any kind of credit back to your original form of payment?

Good luck.

I figured the March 2021 cruises might be cancelled.  I wanted the FCC that included an extra 25%.  I did not fill in the online form to receive the cash refund.  I used FCD of $100 for the deposit.  I later paid $1,757 the cruise fare.  The balance of the tax/port would be paid at final payment if the cruise was not cancelled.

( cruise fare) $1,857.70 + (tax/port) $195 = (total) $2,052.70/pp

I think I should be paid more than $385.33 + $1,541.33 = $1,926.66.

I think the problem may be that when they do the calculation they take the

port taxes first and anything you pay above that is off the Cruise total.

The FCD probably doesnt come into the calculation as they just refund that as

suggested above.

So   you paid  cash  1757.70 of which  195 is taken as tax.

so paid                      15 62  70  off the cruise 

they then calC 25% OF that        ie 390.68   

Doesnt quite work out but maybe there is some small thing not mentioned

You should get the tax back  but sometimes the put it in a "Holding account"  which you cant see.  You ask if that is the case and if you

want you can ask for it back.   I think they assume that as you will

be booking again to use  up the FCCs  they just hold on to it and

apply it. 

EDIT just to add it prob says somewhere in the FCC offer that

it is 125% of the BASIC fare    ie  you dont get any FCC for the

Taxes & port fees or any add ons.

I have lost track of the  number of changes to all the refunds over 

the last 10 months but I think that is always a "given"

Edited by Aulanis

9 hours ago, phabric said:

I have a good agent.  She contacted Princess about my FCC amounts posted for my cancelled March 13, 2021.  Princess made a mistake and has corrected their error.  Always check your figures, this is the second cruise Princess has had to correct their refund amount.

(Cruise fare) $1,857.65 + (25%) $464.41 = $2,322.06/pp

The FCD is converted to FCC because of the bonus 25%.

15 hours ago, phabric said:

6 hours ago, phabric said:

I have a good agent.  She contacted Princess about my FCC amounts posted for my cancelled March 13, 2021.  Princess made a mistake and has corrected their error.  Always check your figures, this is the second cruise Princess has had to correct their refund amount.

(Cruise fare) $1,857.65 + (25%) $464.41 = $2,322.06/pp

The FCD is converted to FCC because of the bonus 25%.

So, the FCD was not put back as indicated in the first post, but was converted to an FCC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, jagoffee said:

My understanding is that if you receive the 25% bonus, it is not longer a FCD and you lose the OBC.  

Some have posted that once applying this FCC (from an FCD) to a cruise they have been able to have Princess restore the OBC that had been allocated on the cancelled cruise.

I do not know if Princess still will do this.

5 hours ago, caribill said:

Some have posted that once applying this FCC (from an FCD) to a cruise they have been able to have Princess restore the OBC that had been allocated on the cancelled cruise.

I do not know if Princess still will do this.

my FCD was returned as FCC. It took my TA & myself many calls & emails to get it back as a FCD with OBC 

took about 7 months. I now have my FCD on. Current booking with $100 OBC.