Daily sunrise photo

rafinmd

Barring a miracle today's sunrise is my last ever from the deck of the Crystal Serenity.  March 2, 2020 we arrived at anchor in Sydney harbor before disembarking the next day:

dawn0302.jpg

Roy

• Like 3

Today's sunrise is from the first leg of a 3-ship series, Crystal Symphony, Crystal Serenity, and MS Amsterdam.  On March 4, 2014 the Crystal Symphony visited Ujung Padang, Indonesia

dawn0305.jpg

Roy

• Like 2

Today's sunrise is the last from my 2016 odyssey that started with round trip transatlantics on QM2 and Queen Victoria, featured an Antarctic Crystal Symphony cruise from Buenos Aires to Miami and ended with Amtrak's Silver Meteor back home. On March 7 Silver Meteor was between Richmond and Washington DC:

dawn0307.jpg

Roy

• Like 3

23 hours ago, babs135 said:

Sunrise from the deck of the Queen Elizabeth 

sunrise SanFrancisco.jpg

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Was that the last day or two?

Roy

I miss trying to identify photos on the "Where in the World?" thread so I just couldn't resist working on this one.

The photo's attachment file name includes "sunriseSanFrancisco". I think that may be Alcatraz Island in the center of the photo. @babs135's posting history indicates they were on the first leg of QE's 2018 world voyage from Southampton to San Francisco. QE was in San Francisco for two days in February on that itinerary.

For those reasons, I'll guess that "Sunrise from the deck of the Queen Elizabeth" photo was taken in San Francisco the morning of either February 4th or February 5th, 2018.

Edited by bluemarble

8 hours ago, bluemarble said:

I miss trying to identify photos on the "Where in the World?" thread so I just couldn't resist working on this one.

The photo's attachment file name includes "sunriseSanFrancisco". I think that may be Alcatraz Island in the center of the photo. @babs135's posting history indicates they were on the first leg of QE's 2018 world voyage from Southampton to San Francisco. QE was in San Francisco for two days in February on that itinerary.

For those reasons, I'll guess that "Sunrise from the deck of the Queen Elizabeth" photo was taken in San Francisco the morning of either February 4th or February 5th, 2018.

Well done on your 'leg work'.  You are indeed correct.  Only thing I can't remember without looking back is the exact date of the 2 you give.  I had intended to say where it was taken but somehow managed to miss it off!!  Perhaps I should look for some more sunrise photos and try and see if you can work them out?!!

• Like 1

Today's sunrise is from my Crystal Symphony/Serenity MS Amsterdam sequence from Bali to Ft. Lauderdale.  On March 11 Crystal Symphony arrived in Singapore and I walked across the dock to my new ship:

dawn0311.jpg

Roy

• Like 1

Today's sunrise is from what may be my first major string of cruises, Crystal Symphony from Los Angeles to Sydney and Queen Victoria Bangkok to Dubai.  March 14, 2010 was a sea day between Honolulu and Sydney:

IMG_1647.thumb.JPG.cd553a85d5d8bfae8c22c723fc85c77f.JPG

Roy

• Like 3