Daily sunrise photo

rafinmd

Sunset on the last evening, Thursday of 2021 12/30 with it's view from under the Verrazano Narrows Bridge.

Our favorite bridge we sail under coming and going on our Sailings.

(Shore Walkway along Shore Road - Bay Ridge)

271012883_3355003898060056_8517083256198637553_n.jpg

• Like 4

My New Years Eve photo is from my 1999-2000 New Years trip on the Sierra Madre Express train to Mexico's Copper Canyon (Sadly, the railroad went under in 2009).  Since this is pre-digital and no metadata I'm not really sure if this is a sunrise or sunset or even the exact date but it's at least very close to New Years Eve.

img8013.JPG.566bb4104de7b410bb6618fe5d42e9b1.JPG

Roy

• Like 2

To complete a trilogy of Cabo San Lucas, Mexico sunrise photos, here is one taken today, January  1, 2022 from Viking Orion. This is our final day at Cabo San Lucas before we return to San Pedro, California to end this memorable cruise. Happy New Year everyone!

20220101_065349.thumb.jpg.0c8d44f441a0abe6030a40ac37fbb958.jpg

• Like 2

I have a sunrise today from my Sierra Madre Express trip.  We  celebrated the millennium in an isolated scenic clifftop hotel away from electronics and all the trappings of modern life.  Not really much of a view of the sun but I loved the view looking down on the hotel roof.

img5005.JPG.5a4506f9e83611d59f5908df004f1ec2.JPG

Roy

• Like 1

Today's sunrise is a lot more tropical than yesterday's.  It's from my 2019 Prinsendam Grand South America cruise, and was taken on our first day out of Fort  Lauderdale heading towards the Panama Canal.

dawn0105.jpg

Roy

• Like 2

The premise of today's sunrise may seem a bit strange.  In 2016 I too a Crystal Symphony cruise to Antarctica out of Buenos Aires.  Hesitant to fly from the Northeast in the middle of winter for a bucket list cruise I booked a January QM2 crossing to Southampton with a transfer to Queen Victoria to Fort Lauderdale, allowing me to catch a nonstop to Buenos Aires with little weather risk.  It turned out to be a good decision as Maryland got about 3 feet (1 meter) of snow the day I would have started a direct journey.  January 6 was one of my first sea days on QM2,

dawn0106.jpg

Roy

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I don't have a sunrise for January 7 so once again, this really is today:

IMG_0102.JPG.ac9397e0c4816f45fd87ba01fc0a274c.JPG

I do plan to clear the rest of the car  but at that time I had reached my limit for being outside without warming up.

Roy

• Like 4

Even when subdued I like to see a sunrise or even a hint of one.  This is from Crystal Serenity January 8. 2018 on the last morning before entering the Panama Canal towards Los Angeles.

dawn0108.jpg

Roy

• Like 3

I expect a few consecutive sunrises from my 2018 Crystal World Cruise.  On January 9 the Crystal Serenity visited Cartagena Colombia.  I'm a bit confused by the cable but think it was attached to a live raft.

dawn0109.jpg

Roy

• Like 4

When I last posted a photo from my 2016 trip that featured Crystal Symphony to Antarctica I was on QM2 approaching Southampton.  On January 10 I transferred to Queen Victoria and January 12 was our second sea day on the way to Ponta Delgada and onwards to Fort Lauderdale.

dawn0112.jpg

Roy

• Like 4