Double Points Promo Extended Through September 2022

I’m hoping they will allow more than one L&S at some point. I have already done a L&S on my September sailing from 2020 to 2021. I have excellent pricing on my CLS.  If they cancel and don’t allow a L&S I doubt I will be able to rebook another at close to those rates. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RosieRoo said:

I’m hoping they will allow more than one L&S at some point. I have already done a L&S on my September sailing from 2020 to 2021. I have excellent pricing on my CLS.  If they cancel and don’t allow a L&S I doubt I will be able to rebook another at close to those rates. 

They allowed those booked on Quantum to do a second lift and shift when Quantums Alaska 2021 season was cancelled.

Lift and shift is officially cancelled as of Jan 31 however they may continue to allow it for sailings they cancel

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They allowed those booked on Quantum to do a second lift and shift when Quantums Alaska 2021 season was cancelled.

Lift and shift is officially cancelled as of Jan 31 however they may continue to allow it for sailings they cancel

Thanks for the information. I’m hoping September will be a go, but who knows. It’s Oasis from Bayonne. I’d be happy to float around at sea and go nowhere if that’s all I can do. Either that or move it forward another year. 

• Like 1

Thank you!  Another great news. Yesterday it was being able to stack FCC's, today the double points extended.........ok, one more wish...Royal please transfer all of my OBC's to my new bookings.

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Depending on what the OBC is from they can

Ken, yes, the OBC's we received booking onboard (seems like a long time ago) will be transferred...do you know of any other OBC's that can be transferred?  (We know shareholder's OBC's cannot be transferred.)

I'm not happy about the demise of L&S. Comparing this year's prices to next year shows higher pricing for a cruise I would potentially be interested in if I were able to use L&S if my Oasis 2021 cruise was cancelled.  I found an inside stateroom at the following prices:

Oasis July 9, 2021 - $2,056 double occupancy

Oasis July 8, 2022 - $2,369 double occupancy

Edited by soremekun

6 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

Ken, yes, the OBC's we received booking onboard (seems like a long time ago) will be transferred...do you know of any other OBC's that can be transferred?  (We know shareholder's OBC's cannot be transferred.)

Shareholders can't be but you can reapply for them.

Any OBC from redeployments or general goodwill credits from issues on board can be moved.  Promotional OBC cannot

7 minutes ago, soremekun said:

I'm not happy about the demise of L&S. Comparing this year's prices to next year shows higher pricing for a cruise I would potentially be interested in if I were able to use L&S if my Oasis 2021 cruise was cancelled.  I found an inside stateroom at the following prices:

Oasis July 9, 2021 - $2,056 double occupancy

Oasis July 8, 2022 - $2,369 double occupancy

This is only based on the Quantum cancellations but for those they did allow lift and shifts as an offer as part of the compensation options.

It is unknown if they will allow that for future cancellations but right now it may only be an option if the cruise line cancels and not the guest.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, yogimax said:

Seems to imply that their best guess is that cruising will resume no earlier than September of this year.

I'm hoping your senses are right as I have a Sept. 5 sail out of Bayonne.  There's a lingering doubt that it will not come off.

Good to see this extension.

Really hoping they'll eventually move to extend to bookings through the end of 2022 which would include some of the winter Caribbean season. We've already done a L&S to end of 2021.

Edited by NateUpNorth

In my view the primary purpose behind the extension is to generate new bookings. 

I don't think it says much of anything about when ships will sail or cancel.  That would imply they are concerned about C&A membership numbers.  Airlines do such things because their programs qualify every year.  Royal doesn't have that. 

There is only one purpose of the double points promo and that to get people to book.  Extending the promo provides more motivation to book for all those that have settled in on a "book no more until ships sail" philosophy.  

• Like 2