Final payment date notification

ZoeyVictoria

I am also booked for the 5/22/21 cruise and was going to cancel yesterday prior to the final payment date. When I saw they pushed it back I decided to wait and see what happens. I have time to cancel so it can't hurt to wait. I don't mind some of the new precautions we will need to take but being able to go out on our own at the ports is a big deciding factor for us. I am also not sure how they will control people from going out during the land portion of the cruise. I need a vacation!!

• Like 1

But why would they wait until very close to the final payment date to make the change?  There are many complaints about other cruise lines waiting to cancel until after final payment date in order to hold more funds.  I don’t believe that, but I am curious about the timing of this change.

12 minutes ago, tillys mom said:

Maybe Princess is trying to give the vaccine roll-out time to work. They have much more riding on this than we do. Sure hope you get to sail, as we are right behind you on June 5th.

I am hoping it is something like that, rather than just routine.

I haven't received an email yet, however, I just checked my May Alaskan cruise and final payment date has changed from Feb 22 to Mar 24. Certainly takes the pressure off of me for now on deciding whether to cancel or pay. I doubt very much it will go ahead but I can certainly keep the hope alive.

5 hours ago, kenack said:

I am also not sure how they will control people from going out during the land portion of the cruise.

Since they will only be allowing those with Princess excursions off of the ship, it will be very easy to control.

• Like 1

It's good to hear that they are extending the final payment date for those whose cruises are coming due very soon.  They haven't changed the policy officially (I just checked) but with the uncertainty of these cruises actually happening, I am glad that they aren't unnecessarily collecting cruise fares etc. and putting both passengers and TAs through the work of processing these.

I also received this email from Princess early this morning about our June 5 Alaska cruise.

At this time I doubt that we will go. There are too many unknowns that there are no answers for yet. 

I found out about the extended payment time by checking my booking online. I havent had an email from Princess but am pleased to see they have done this as wouldnt want to pay in full and then get told the cruise was cancelled. Our cruise date is 29th May out of Southampton

5 hours ago, tokyo1949 said:

I found out about the extended payment time by checking my booking online. I havent had an email from Princess but am pleased to see they have done this as wouldnt want to pay in full and then get told the cruise was cancelled. Our cruise date is 29th May out of Southampton

Encouraging. Thank you for this. 

5 hours ago, tokyo1949 said:

I just did a phantom booking for my same cruise and discovered that on the Princess website final payment has been extended to one month minus a day prior to departure. My TA was not aware of this when I spoke with them earlier in the week. I will call them tomorrow and get this straightened out. 
Thank you again for your help!

6 hours ago, Bgwest said:

I just did a phantom booking for my same cruise and discovered that on the Princess website final payment has been extended to one month minus a day prior to departure. My TA was not aware of this when I spoke with them earlier in the week. I will call them tomorrow and get this straightened out. 
Thank you again for your help!

Hi,

Thanks for the info. Are you from the UK? I have seen some other posts that are saying 60 days. I have a final payment date looming next week and will also approach my TA to ask the question.

On 2/12/2021 at 2:29 AM, alpha whiskey said:

Hi,

Thanks for the info. Are you from the UK? I have seen some other posts that are saying 60 days. I have a final payment date looming next week and will also approach my TA to ask the question.

No I’m not. 
Contacting your TA sounds like a good call. Please let us know the outcome.