Odds of NCL resuming most cruises by 2022

steveknj

13 hours ago, Debde said:

Dats right-NY Saints fan-who loves a good cruise out of NOLA!!😀⚜️

That would be cool. I've cruised out of Galveston, TX before but never NOLA. I think Carnival should've home-ported their new ship Mardi Gras in NOLA instead of Port Canaveral, FL. How appropriate would that have been?

Btw, I'm booked on Mardi Gras - Dec 18-26, 2021 (X-mas cruise!). I'll let you know if any beads get thrown. Laissez les bon temps rouler!

Edited by farmersfight
  • Like 1

My husband and I have booked another transatlantic cruise in April 2022.  It's the third time we've booked a cruise because the last two were canceled; one by us and the other one by the industry.  I had to ask if I could double up my Cruise Next credits which was allowed.  I'm not a betting person so I can't say if this will actually be a go.  I never used to think about being stranded in the middle of the Atlantic if I came down with a virus but it's starting to be a factor now, even without Covid.  

I have until December to get a refund and in that time I'm checking VRBO villas in the south of Italy to decide whether cruising will be just another type of vacation instead or the preferred one.  

On 2/11/2021 at 2:53 PM, zdcatc12 said:

I have the Epic booked in September. Booked it a year ago. Thinking since it is in Europe, it may have a better chance of going, but who knows.

Most of Europe has more strict lockdown requirements than the US right now.  I think there's a better chance for US citizens to sail out of US ports in September if anything.  I'm thinking end of fall/before holiday season to get back at sea for most lines.

21 minutes ago, Lupush said:

Most of Europe has more strict lockdown requirements than the US right now.  I think there's a better chance for US citizens to sail out of US ports in September if anything.  I'm thinking end of fall/before holiday season to get back at sea for most lines.

Your lips to God's ears!

Encore 12/26/21 here we come!

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Lupush said:

You may be right, not sure. My thinking was since there are no CDC rules there and some lines are already cruising there, albeit with only passengers from the country that they are sailing from, that those may go sooner, who knows. And I haven't really paid attention to how Europe is doing on vaccines.

1 minute ago, zdcatc12 said:

You may be right, not sure. My thinking was since there are no CDC rules there and some lines are already cruising there, albeit with only passengers from the country that they are sailing from, that those may go sooner, who knows. And I haven't really paid attention to how Europe is doing on vaccines.

I work on the technology side of the hospitality business primarily with hotel customers.  I have a large customer base located in EMEA, and most hotels are currently closed.  Some of these are voluntary and others are due to local laws.  I'd highly doubt they're going to let Americans into any European country once this is over without strict screenings and/or mandatory quarantines. 

1 hour ago, Lupush said:

I work on the technology side of the hospitality business primarily with hotel customers.  I have a large customer base located in EMEA, and most hotels are currently closed.  Some of these are voluntary and others are due to local laws.  I'd highly doubt they're going to let Americans into any European country once this is over without strict screenings and/or mandatory quarantines. 

My belief is that there will be some kind of vaccination passport by then that will allow more activities than currently allowed. Six months is a long way off, of course I booked this almost a year ago and thought no way would we still be locked down, but here we are!!!

• Like 4

I really do think that those of us who realize that the state of covid affairs today is very different than it was a year ago need to start letting our elected representatives know that it's okay to acknowledge that. I just see them as very fear based.

March 2020 Diamond Princess 

We were:

Short of PPE

Short of ventilators

No treatments

Limited testing because of swab and reagent shortages, etc.

Limited knowledge

Growing cases and deaths

Today:

Plenty of PPE

Plenty of ventilators

Treatments

Lots of testing, new developments in testing

Much more knowledge

Falling cases and deaths (despite February being a month where respiratory viruses typically climb)

Things are different now. We are in a much better place. In March 2020, I though the idea of stepping ion a cruise ship was INSANE. Today, I think the idea of continuing this arbitrary ban on cruising is almost as nuts. A cruise ship, with all its many new protocols would be, imo, one of the safer ways to travel and vacation.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I'll feel much better about things when they start opening vaccines to the general public.  Right now, here in NJ, it's only opened to 65+, essential workers and those with medical conditions that warrant priority.    And it's been like this for more than a month.  Once it's opened up and vaccines are readily available, I think in a month or two after that, things can open up quite a bit. 

Was talking to my dad who also cruises and he says he's booked on a cruise for later this year, but if he has to wear a mask on the cruise, he's not going.   Since my booked cruise is not until later next year, my hope is that it won't be necessary by then.   But if I'm going on a cruise, I want the experience to be as close as it was pre-pandemic.  

As for all of these medical stories that are coming out, if you put 10 "experts" in a room, you'll get 10 different theories.  There are some theories that are pretty consistent.  We still need masks, social distancing and all that, but we need consensus on when things can get back to normal.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2021 at 2:53 PM, zdcatc12 said:

I have the Epic booked in September. Booked it a year ago. Thinking since it is in Europe, it may have a better chance of going, but who knows.

We have a cruise on hold for Sept to Europe and are concerned about the Covid testing guidelines.  We need to have a test between 1-3 days prior to entering the US.  Where do we get that test overseas?

11 minutes ago, Mrs Peel said:

We have a cruise on hold for Sept to Europe and are concerned about the Covid testing guidelines.  We need to have a test between 1-3 days prior to entering the US.  Where do we get that test overseas?

I'm afraid it is way too early to have any specifics about anything like that.  So much will happen between now and then.  

• Like 1

On 3/3/2021 at 9:17 PM, Mrs Peel said:

My brother and his wife are headed to St. Maarten this week.  They checked with the resort he is staying at and they are doing the testing at both the resort and at the airport.  They already have an appointment scheduled for three days before they return home.

Looking at Sept out of Rome, all the cruises that I've looked at are showing sold out...Maybe just a blip or price change?

We have an 11 night out of Rome in Sept and I can't imagine it will go with that duration?

On 3/11/2021 at 1:46 PM, rachiem said:

Looking at Sept out of Rome, all the cruises that I've looked at are showing sold out...Maybe just a blip or price change?

We have an 11 night out of Rome in Sept and I can't imagine it will go with that duration?

The CDC doesn’t have any authority in Europe. The whole 7day cruises policy is only for ports in USA. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cabincop said:

The CDC doesn’t have any authority in Europe. The whole 7day cruises policy is only for ports in USA. 

Future 7 day cruises could be luxury for Europe this year.

Cunard, the round the world cruise line having already cancelled all its Summer season have said they will announce a series of short cruises in its place from Southampton for 2021 aboard the Queen Elizabeth.

Described as short "UK staycation voyages" they look likely to be no longer than 4 or 5 days out to sea and back.

Hardly worth getting the tuxedo & ball gowns out.

1 hour ago, Stevio said:

Future 7 day cruises could be luxury for Europe this year.

Cunard, the round the world cruise line having already cancelled all its Summer season have said they will announce a series of short cruises in its place from Southampton for 2021 aboard the Queen Elizabeth.

Described as short "UK staycation voyages" they look likely to be no longer than 4 or 5 days out to sea and back.

Hardly worth getting the tuxedo & ball gowns out.

I agree, but am equally certain others will be salivating at the thought of sailing on such!