Odds of NCL resuming most cruises by 2022

steveknj

15 minutes ago, Snowrose said:

August 2022? I think you have a pretty good chance. By this summer, a good amount of the US will be vaccinated against COVID and NCL will have had time to do a bunch of trial cruises.

If Aug 2022 is when cruising happens again, it will interesting to see who the start-up lines are, and who bought NCL, RCG and Carnival ships for pennies on the dollar.

On 2/11/2021 at 3:11 PM, DCGuy64 said:

I'm hopeful that cruises will resume by next year in some form. Whether they'll resemble cruising before 2020 is another matter. I have a hunch that some of the protocols might stand, such as QR codes for menus, temperature checks, and staffed buffets (no more grabby hands). I would *think* that masks would no longer be required, but possibly proof of vaccination might be. These things are really unknowable at the moment. Only time will tell, and anyone who claims to know for SURE what will happen by end of 2022 is someone I'd like to meet- I could use the stock tips such a wise individual would no doubt have. 😆

I for one would be thrilled with staffed buffets.  I have seen so many people (not just kids) handle food and put it back.  

• Like 2

21 hours ago, bucfan2 said:

If Aug 2022 is when cruising happens again, it will interesting to see who the start-up lines are, and who bought NCL, RCG and Carnival ships for pennies on the dollar.

Carnival at least, not sure of others, keeps issuing new stock to raise a couple billion every few months.

30 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

Apparently been working so far...no clue where the demand comes from.  

A lot of people are buying "discretionary income" types of stocks right now, betting that the 2020's will be as roaring as the 1920's were once we come out of the pandemic.  There are a bunch of stocks currently trading well below their pre-March 2020 prices that will rebound and excel greatly once the world reopens.

On 2/14/2021 at 10:46 PM, cabincop said:

I think cruising in Europe starts before US ports. I have one booked for late Sept 2021. I’ve got a 75% chance of that happening. Even if doesn’t I’m still flying there. 

The USA is way ahead of the EU in vaccinations.  Cruises out of the USA are probably coming first.  By September, some from of herd immunity may be achieved, when you consider the vaccinations projected and those already infected with immunity.   We have a safari in East Africa in July and plan on that.   Safari companies are selling safaris and expecting them to run.   Also, we have a TA from Rome to Florida on Celebrity in October and that one may work out as well.   Surely, by 2022 cruises will be back on track.   Many may require vaccines to board.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 4774Papa said:

The USA is way ahead of the EU in vaccinations.  Cruises out of the USA are probably coming first.  By September, some from of herd immunity may be achieved, when you consider the vaccinations projected and those already infected with immunity.   We have a safari in East Africa in July and plan on that.   Safari companies are selling safaris and expecting them to run.   Also, we have a TA from Rome to Florida on Celebrity in October and that one may work out as well.   Surely, by 2022 cruises will be back on track.   Many may require vaccines to board.

Yes, the USA is well ahead of the EU.  The latest numbers per 100 are USA = 16.68 vs EU = 5.02.

2021-02-17 152433.JPG

Edited by GA Dave
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, GA Dave said:

Yes, the USA is well ahead of the EU.  The latest numbers per 100 are USA = 16.68 vs EU = 5.02.

2021-02-17 152433.JPG

Israel has done amazingly well.   We are considering taking a TA in the Fall from Florida to Rome or Barcelona, then after a few days flying to Israel and doing a tour with Gate 1 of Israel and Jordan.  Gate 1 has some great tours and inexpensive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4774Papa said:

The USA is way ahead of the EU in vaccinations

That's only one part of the equation.  The CDC will also need to buckle and start approving test cruises and eventually revenue sailings.  The problem is that there is information the cruise lines need before any of that can happen and the CDC hasn't brought it to them.  The agency has been a little busy with other matters...

2 hours ago, GA Dave said:

A lot of people are buying "discretionary income" types of stocks right now, betting that the 2020's will be as roaring as the 1920's were once we come out of the pandemic.  There are a bunch of stocks currently trading well below their pre-March 2020 prices that will rebound and excel greatly once the world reopens.

Hope that keeps them in business.  'Discretionary income' is one name for them; 'penny-stocks' may be another if they don't cruise in some form at some point....sooner vs. later IMO.  Just my opinion....others believe they are 'too big to fail' (not a term that holds much water in my book).

5 hours ago, 4774Papa said:

Israel has done amazingly well.   We are considering taking a TA in the Fall from Florida to Rome or Barcelona, then after a few days flying to Israel and doing a tour with Gate 1 of Israel and Jordan.  Gate 1 has some great tours and inexpensive.

Try the official travel company of Israel , Isram. They do excellent very safe tours of all kinds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, bucfan2 said:

Apparently been working so far...no clue where the demand comes from.  

Go Bucs!!! World Champions!!! I grew up in Titusville, been following them since the 0-26 days!!

6 hours ago, 4774Papa said:

I did a Gate 1 German Christmas Markets cruise in 2019. It was fabulous. Very cheap also compared to most other lines. Was supposed to do Munich with them last March, that got cancelled, have until Dec, 2022 to use the credit from that one. Did Australia with them in 2019 also.

• Like 1

I'm thinking US based cruises will have some sort of startup sometime late this summer with a requirement of a vaccine for all staff and passengers. 50% occupancy and test pre board. 

There should be no reason they should not be allowed to do this and I'm sure they will have plenty of people to fill the 50% limit. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Chris_2448 said:

I'm thinking US based cruises will have some sort of startup sometime late this summer with a requirement of a vaccine for all staff and passengers. 50% occupancy and test pre board. 

Just curious as to why you think these cruises would be capped at 50% occupancy if all staff and passengers are vaccinated and they do covid testing pre boarding?

• Like 1

On 2/16/2021 at 12:35 PM, GA Dave said:

In (13) days, I will be ready to cruise.  I received my second dose yesterday!  Bring on the ships!!  🥤

You know i am really getting tired of people bragging that they got their shot🤬 

1 hour ago, mpdog42 said:

You know i am really getting tired of people bragging that they got their shot🤬 

I got both and am two weeks past the second!😁😁😁. Might actually go eat in a restaurant again finally.  Yours is headed your way.   

• Like 3