Odds of NCL resuming most cruises by 2022

steveknj

We just booked (well rebooked using our money from the last cruise that got cancelled which was a rebook of a cruise from last March) to Canada for end of August 2022 on the Breakaway.   What does everyone think the odds are that this cruise finally sails.  And if it sails, what precautions will be needed for passengers (masks, vaccinations, etc.)    To be honest, I booked for late 2022 hoping that by then we could not only TAKE a cruise but that it will be at least kind of close to cruising as before (no masks, etc.)  The silver lining is that when cruises finally DO resume, I think the chances of getting something like a neurovirus will be very slim because of all the precautions these lines have taken for this virus.

So what do you all think?  Will we be cruising like it's 2019?

I'm hopeful that cruises will resume by next year in some form. Whether they'll resemble cruising before 2020 is another matter. I have a hunch that some of the protocols might stand, such as QR codes for menus, temperature checks, and staffed buffets (no more grabby hands). I would *think* that masks would no longer be required, but possibly proof of vaccination might be. These things are really unknowable at the moment. Only time will tell, and anyone who claims to know for SURE what will happen by end of 2022 is someone I'd like to meet- I could use the stock tips such a wise individual would no doubt have. 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Well..I certainly hope that a cruise can sail by August 2022.  Because if it can't, then we..and the world are certainly screwed.  If this mess is still continuing then, then it is probably going to be with us for years.  But again, hoping for that one to sail.  I don't think I'd bet on  much before that date with much certainty though.  

• Like 2

I cannot believe that someone has started yet another thread on the odds of a particular cruise happening or what the conditions might be on said cruise.  There are about two dozen or more prior threads that have plowed this territory already.  Go read those.  Enuf said. 🤪

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, HuliHuli said:

I cannot believe that someone has started yet another thread on the odds of a particular cruise happening or what the conditions might be on said cruise.  There are about two dozen or more prior threads that have plowed this territory already.  Go read those.  Enuf said. 🤪

As opposed to threads on cabins, menus, drink prices, chair hogging, etc. There's only ever one of those threads per topic, right? LOL 😂🤣😆

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, roger001 said:

Well..I certainly hope that a cruise can sail by August 2022.  Because if it can't, then we..and the world are certainly screwed.  If this mess is still continuing then, then it is probably going to be with us for years.  But again, hoping for that one to sail.  I don't think I'd bet on  much before that date with much certainty though.  

Agreed! If the world hasn't gone back to normal by August 2022, lack of cruises will be the least of our worries.

• Like 10

There's always someone who's annoyed by multiple threads on similar topics, well unless it's the one they post themselves, then it's OK.   There a literally hundreds of threads in the last month.  I don't frequent this forum daily when I don't have a cruise booked, so now that I'm booked, I'm back 🙂

And those odds do change daily with what's going on 🙂

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, PhillyTravelBug said:

I am looking to book for 2022. At the beginning of this year I thought maybe by the fall of this year cruising would be going, but the vaccine roll out has been slow.

Come on now PA is right on top of things. Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In my area, 450+K residents, just over 7900 have rec'd their first vaccine injection. The number of new cases is quite low now, only 28 yesterday, however, there were 33 deaths.  

We're not receiving as many vaccines as expected, so, we wait.  My concern is not for me, but for my friends and neighbors who are older and some much more fragile.  BTW, I live in a Condo building. 

I'm still hopeful that by the beginning of 2022 we will have had enough vaccines to give those in dire need of the doses will have rec'd them.

Sadly, today, I cancelled another cruise... Oct. 2021. I know some will wonder why so far out? but, I have to wonder when I, and many others will receive our vaccines.  Soon I hope.

Fingers are crossed. 

Cheers 🥂

We just booked April 2022 on Joy. Hoping it sails. I have July and November cruises for this year as makeup vacations. If none of these sail, cruising won't be in our vacation plans for a long while. The reason is if they are not sailing by the end of this year, they will all be filing bankruptcy. Not that they will go out of business, but everything they will be cutting out or now charging for will be over the top.

• Like 2

Hi All,

I too booked late 2022 (September on the Joy) thinking that by then things will have worked out.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed like everyone else that cruises won't be cancelled that late in the year.  Already cancelled two cruises (2020/2021).  Really miss this type of holiday.

In the meantime we have to be content with "planning" and planning and planning"!

Take care and be safe,

happytotravel

We are booked on a Boston-Bermuda cruise in May, 2022.  Both of us had our first Moderna Vaccine this week,   I think that by then,  enough people will have been vaccinated to be able to cruise again.

If the cruise lines make vaccinations mandatory for boarding, so be it.  It is not just the rules of the cruise lines, but might be those of the countries that we will visit.

Cautiously optimistic that the late Aug., 2022, 7-day cruise out of Boston to Canada and Maine we  booked on the NCL Pearl will sail.  Although we've visited these ports previously, we're still looking forward to sailing out of a close cruise port with no flying involved, arriving by sea to these familiar and favorite places we've been to before. Hoping cruising will be as close to normal as possible by then, but do expect some changes onboard.

As far as the 2 additional cruises we have booked (Princess) are concerned (Nov., 2021 and May, 2022), it's possible either one or both of these may not happen for us.  Time will tell.

• Like 1

Almost 40 million Americans have received at least one dose of the vaccine so far, and I think  I read more than 10 million have received both.  At this rate and with J&J likely to be approved soon, I don’t see why everyone that wants a vaccine won’t have it by early-mid Summer.  Why do people think cruising will still be shut down into 2022?

On 2/11/2021 at 3:44 PM, roger001 said:

What else you got to do?   If only topics that weren't already previously posted were put on here, there would be no new posts at all.   Why does anyone care.  

Lol great point!

Edited by knight2096