Anyone banking on a 2021 cruise getting cancelled?

7 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Great advice - so the best way to do this would be trying to get the 125% FCC when they cancel and move the OBC or would you advise to cancel now....get the 100% FCC before final and try to move the OBC as it qualifies under the categories of OBC you listed...

Can you get the 100% FCC after a L+L?

Thanks for all your help!

Yes you should be able to cancel now as you are still under CWC and get the 100% FCC.  That’s what I would do so you are not putting out more money. 

call and move the OBC first.  Tell them you are going to cancel and get a FCC  and that you want to move your OBC,  once that is moved then cancel for the FCC.

unfortunately you may end up with an agent that does not know that you can do this.  If that is the case ask them to check with resolutions for clarification. 

6. What will happen to my client's NextCruise onboard credit if he/she chooses to cancel?

When choosing Cruise with Confidence, NextCruise onboard credits will be reallocated to your client’s future
booking. Additionally, if your client has received onboard credit as a result of a redeployment, charter, or other goodwill gesture, it will also follow them to the new reservation. If your client chooses to cancel without opting for a Cruise with Confidence FCC, the NextCruise onboard credit will be forfeited.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

Thank you so much!👍

That is what I will try to do.....move the OBC to one of my refundable bookings in 2022 and use the FCC to pay for that refundable booking .....that would also give me the opportunity to change in 2022 as there are no fees for the refundable booking to be changed....

You are a great help!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

@OurusualbeachI’m starting to think I will cancel my October sailing as well. We can then put down a combined total of $2,600 on our March 2022 cruise. Oasis in the RLS. If it is our last cruise it should be a good one. 

I honestly have no idea of how things will be in October.  So much depends on the vaccine, not just in our country but other countries as well.  October is kind of that bubble area where many countries think that everyone who wants a shot will have one but right now it’s not clear we can meet that target.

I still have my December cruise booked and have enough FCC to pay it in full so I’ll go ahead with that.  Next up though is Baltic’s in August that I will pay off I& it’s not cancelled by then.  Such a great deal on it that I will make final just to get the chance to lift and shift.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I honestly have no idea of how things will be in October.  So much depends on the vaccine, not just in our country but other countries as well.  October is kind of that bubble area where many countries think that everyone who wants a shot will have one but right now it’s not clear we can meet that target.

IMO I don’t see the quarantine returning home coming to an end by October, or at least any clear evidence of that by my final payment in July.

On 2/14/2021 at 11:44 AM, Garyjames220 said:

That’s what I done 😄

We have a May 2021 cruise booked now.  Final payment is due in a few days- we also have an august 2021 cruise booked, as well as winter 2022 cruises booked.  With the May cruise, I booked drink package and a beach club day on Coco Cay.  can we move these extras to the August or January cruise?  We got a good discount on all.  Or will we be refunded the extra's?   So confusing!  

Edited by Cruise a holic

7 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Or will we be refunded the extra's?

When RCI cancels, you will be offered refunds.

Biker, who would request the refund now for planner purchases and not wait for RCI to cancel.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

When RCI cancels, you will be offered refunds.

Biker, who would request the refund now for planner purchases and not wait for RCI to cancel.

So I cannot move the discounted drink package to another cruise?  Or the beach club day?  The move would only included the fare and taxes paid?  Your response isn't clear to me.  Thanks

Edited by Cruise a holic

11 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

So I cannot move the discounted drink package to another cruise?  Or the beach club day?  The move would only included the fare and taxes paid?  Your response isn't clear to me.  Thanks

No they can't be moved

On 2/14/2021 at 11:29 AM, Billy Baltic said:

I probably going to get shot down in flames for this but ....

Prices for 2021 are a lot cheaper than 2022 for the cruises we’re interested in. L&S is gone, except where RC cancel the cruise. So anyone booking for this year, with the aim of it being cancelled and moving to 2022?

I’ll put on my Teflon suit now 

Sort of doing this as did book last year with intention of going, But the ship doing the route next year just seems better to me. Prices are higher across the board next year so waiting for lift and shift. cruise planner credit now being offered at 125% credit if RCCL cancel. I just hope planner prices don't jump! 😁

11 minutes ago, Jplanetx said:

Sort of doing this as did book last year with intention of going, But the ship doing the route next year just seems better to me. Prices are higher across the board next year so waiting for lift and shift. cruise planner credit now being offered at 125% credit if RCCL cancel. I just hope planner prices don't jump! 😁

You can't combine the 125% credit for Cruise Planner items if you Lift & Shift. Refund only for CP..

2 hours ago, NancyIL said:

You can't combine the 125% credit for Cruise Planner items if you Lift & Shift. Refund only for CP..

Drat really?

I can't find anything about that. Can you post source closest thing I can find is this: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/gbr/en/faq/questions/do-i-get-to-keep-my-onboard-credit-if-i-choose-the-refund-at-a-later-date

Not eligible for L&S at the moment are you saying for those canceled as of 09/02 that you can only have CPP 125% as OBC if you take 125% FCC?

TYVM 😁

2 hours ago, NancyIL said:

Nancy I just lifted and shifted my 2021 Alaska cruise to 2022.  I had 125% OBC for CP purchases from a cancelled cruise from November 2020. The rep was able to not only allow me to keep the 125% OBC; they also let me transfer it to another booking.  Perhaps it was because of the current vague status of the Canada sailings?  In any case, I was surprised because I thought I would just get a refund.  

3 hours ago, Jplanetx said:

If you lift and shift you cannot take advantage of the 125% cruise planner credit offer.  The 125% cruise planner credit is only available if you take the 125% FCC

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

Nancy I just lifted and shifted my 2021 Alaska cruise to 2022.  I had 125% OBC for CP purchases from a cancelled cruise from November 2020. The rep was able to not only allow me to keep the 125% OBC; they also let me transfer it to another booking.  Perhaps it was because of the current vague status of the Canada sailings?  In any case, I was surprised because I thought I would just get a refund.  

Yes, what you did was normal as you already had the 125% OBC from a previous sailing where you took the 125% FCC.  I moved mine as well. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jplanetx said:

Drat really?

I can't find anything about that. Can you post source closest thing I can find is this: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/gbr/en/faq/questions/do-i-get-to-keep-my-onboard-credit-if-i-choose-the-refund-at-a-later-date

Not eligible for L&S at the moment are you saying for those canceled as of 09/02 that you can only have CPP 125% as OBC if you take 125% FCC?

TYVM 😁

From the FAQ’s

50. Ismyclienteligibleforthe125%OnboardCredit, regardlessofthecompensationoptionselected?

At this time, the elevated onboard credit offer is only available to those guests who opt for the Future Cruise Credit. Unfortunately, Lift & Shift bookings do not qualify, nor do those requesting a refund.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 2

On 2/14/2021 at 4:29 AM, Billy Baltic said:

I probably going to get shot down in flames for this but ....

Prices for 2021 are a lot cheaper than 2022 for the cruises we’re interested in. L&S is gone, except where RC cancel the cruise. So anyone booking for this year, with the aim of it being cancelled and moving to 2022?

I’ll put on my Teflon suit now 🥷 

Interesting!  Hadn't thought about that. We L&S from 2020 to a more expensive 2021.  Not sure if we'd do it again.  After several cruises now having been canceled on three different lines, we're growing weary of making plans and having to change them.  Getting too old for that.  Probably will just take the refund and go somewhere domestically.  Unless they sweeten the pot somehow :-).

Hello,

I cannot see any conjecture on the following.

Anthem has her last return sailing ex Southampton on 9th October 2021 for 11 nights returning on 20th - and then nothing.

She next appears on the UK boards as departing Cape Liberty on 7th November.

17 nights to do a TA? I think not. Any suggestions?

Regards,

Cublet

7 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I cannot see any conjecture on the following.

Anthem has her last return sailing ex Southampton on 9th October 2021 for 11 nights returning on 20th - and then nothing.

She next appears on the UK boards as departing Cape Liberty on 7th November.

17 nights to do a TA? I think not. Any suggestions?

Regards,

Cublet

Anthem Fall 2021 TA is 10 nights (Oct. 20 to 30).  It's not listed, per CDC, because it's >7 nights.

Not sure what's happening Oct. 30 to Nov. 7.