Legit Shot

Hawkstar33

Here we go again. 16 days out until this final payment.  Summit/Newport RI/Bermuda outta  Bayonne.  Alot can happen in 3 months. Vaccinations, Herd immunity, decline in infections, variants, new guidelines,  etc.   Makes me think of that Clash song.   Should I stay or should I go now????   Crystal ball aside, Im thinking we have a chance. 

33 minutes ago, Hawkstar33 said:

Here we go again. 16 days out until this final payment.  Summit/Newport RI/Bermuda outta  Bayonne.  Alot can happen in 3 months. Vaccinations, Herd immunity, decline in infections, variants, new guidelines,  etc.   Makes me think of that Clash song.   Should I stay or should I go now????   Crystal ball aside, Im thinking we have a chance. 

If I go, there will be trouble
And if I stay it will be double

• Haha 3

IMO Too many steps need to be accomplished before cruising starts

Guidance from the CDC on what is required - long overdue

Getting crew from their homes to the ships, quarantined and vaccinated

Crew training

Test cruises

Ports that will allow ships In and are willing to allow ill  passengers disembark and provide treatment.

Personally I won’t make final payment.

• Like 5

😀 wishful thinking... 

Besides all the obvious pandemic reasons let’s look at the technical side.

Cruise lines have said it would take them 2-3 months to start after receiving a go. There’s no go...
There’s no agreement on conditions to sail yet.

The mandatory trial cruises have not even been done and there’s no sign they will be done any time soon.

RCG said they will have their crew vaccinated before sailing... the crew is not even here yet...

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

On a scale of 1 - 10, I'd say that your chances are -2. If you don't mind lending money at 0% interest, go ahead and make final payment. You'll eventually get it back from Celebrity.

ROI re interest is so low now it wouldn't be a concern to me......but you could do more with the final payment $$$s..... unless you want to make the payment and  hold the cruise over to next year with the deposit already fixed.  I've switched 3 times with the same DP...eventually we'll sail....LOL.

Edited by Oceangoer2

Hawkstar33, I don't give up either, I just paid final payment slightly early on our May 29 Norwegian fjord cruise out of Amsterdam. It may not sail, but on the other hand, the fjords and the nature in Norway is beautiful and can be enjoyed from the ship if it sails against all odds... We are fine with staying on the ship for the entire 8 days.

Having paid now we can decide later when/if XX cancels if we want to rebook with FCC or get our money back. I don't mind the interest free loan, my savings account doesn't yield much interest anyway, and at least this money is tied up in a pleasant experience we are looking forward towards. One third of our party is fully vaccinated already, one third will under current circumstances not even have been offered the vaccine at the time of travel. If we cannot go this time we will probably find a land based resort destination closer to the US, but not cruising is disappointing.

Keeping hope alive and hope to meet you out on the seas sometime soon!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Hawkstar33 said:

Oh  gee..that's the great itin  plus Charleston, that we cancelled in May. 2020 when the whole Covid/ Cruising mess erupted  .  After we took a 50% cash back and 50% FCC, Celebrity ended up cancelling the cruise but too late for us to get a refund.

Doubt  this will be going..sorry to say.  

Maybe  next yr???

Edited by hcat

1 hour ago, George C said:

I would think September will be the earliest we can cruise, I had April cruise canceled, hopefully my November cruise is a go.

I would agree. Bermuda is in wait and see but one official speculated that cruises won't return there until August at the earliest.

33 minutes ago, Laurab23 said:

I am in the same situation. My cruise is June 7. Final payment coming up. Will probably make final payment and when Celebrity cancels will put the FCC on our May 2022 cruise.

Laura

A very possible option.  

We have final payment Mar 15 for a June 13 Bermuda cruise.  We only owe $40, since FCC and our original deposit of $500 has already been applied.   If they cancel I'm stuck with a ton of FCC and no time to sail it unless they extend the 5/4/22 sail-by date.  I'd be happy to apply it to the Dec. 2022 holiday cruise I have booked on Equinox.

5 hours ago, marieps said:

We have final payment Mar 15 for a June 13 Bermuda cruise.  We only owe $40, since FCC and our original deposit of $500 has already been applied.   If they cancel I'm stuck with a ton of FCC and no time to sail it unless they extend the 5/4/22 sail-by date.  I'd be happy to apply it to the Dec. 2022 holiday cruise I have booked on Equinox.

Use and Sail by dates were extended in the last few weeks.

must be redeemed by April 30, 2022, and can be used on sailings departing on or before September 30, 2022

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

must be redeemed by April 30, 2022, and can be used on sailings departing on or before September 30, 2022

That will help a bit

2 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

39 minutes ago, Hawkstar33 said:

That will help a bit

A very little bit, but thanks for the info.  I'd much prefer a sail by thru the end of 2022.

6 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I have read that the CDC will be updating their intentions on restarting cruises in a few days.

Probably.  But likely after we make final.  It's a rough game for sure, but eventually we will reap the benefit of hangin tough and gathering additional 25% extra fcc.  March 15 is final payment day.  We are on same Summit trip as Marieps 

7 minutes ago, Hawkstar33 said:

Probably.  But likely after we make final.  It's a rough game for sure, but eventually we will reap the benefit of hangin tough and gathering additional 25% extra fcc.  March 15 is final payment day.  We are on same Summit trip as Marieps 

People have posted that they called Celebrity and that they were told ships excursions will be mandatory.  I will never book if ships excursions are mandatory in Bermuda. I have done Bermuda 18 or so times. Bermuda is a destination to explore on your own.  if I do Bermuda....... with those restrictions I will fly instead of cruise.