Quantum Of the Seas 22nd March 2021 Semi-Live Report

Ethanol95

1 minute ago, Ethanol95 said:

If anyone is interested in the price. It seems ridiculously high. I planned to go on the North Star this time round, but these prices man.

Screenshot 2021-02-25 at 12.09.16 PM.png

I don't recall it being this expensive onboard but u can maybe try when u are onboard.

I'm happy i did it while it was still free.

8 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

Do You remember roughly how much it was back then?

It was SGD10.88 per person on our 24 Dec trip. We booked 3 weeks prior to sailing and on the ship the price had increased to more than SGD25 per person. It was okay for $10 each - but that would be my limit. 

Nice view but we don’t intend to do it again on our upcoming 2nd cruise to nowhere (at any price).

17BF6095-6072-4122-BC15-A5DA1C48504E.jpeg

Edited by Blazza

Just now, Cruise a holic said:

Interested in how you will be welcomed at  ports.  If you will be restricted to cruise only tours.  What will be different regarding dining, shows etc.  So many questions.

If it wasn't clear enough, this sailing does not call any port of calls. Only embarkation and debarkation in Singapore

2 minutes ago, Blazza said:

It was SGD10.88 per person on our 24 Dec trip. We booked 3 weeks prior to sailing and on the ship the price had increased to more than SGD25 per person. It was okay for $10 each - but that would be my limit. 

I would have paid $10 gladly for the experience. $27 on the other hand is a rip off. 

7 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

If it wasn't clear enough, this sailing does not call any port of calls. Only embarkation and debarkation in Singapore

That was a woman, she was tiny yes I believe she had some weight in her suit to help assist people getting stabilized. After everyone went she then did the  demo, but she didn't take any weight out of her suit...........I believe but not positive when she went they turned up the speed of the fans when she was doing her tricks.

From what I was told the speed of the fans are also adjusted to what your weight is.

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

That was a woman, she was tiny yes I believe she had some weight in her suit to help assist people getting stabilized. After everyone went she then did the  demo, but she didn't take any weight out of her suit...........I believe but not positive when she went they turned up the speed of the fans when she was doing her tricks.

From what I was told the speed of the fans are also adjusted to what your weight is.

My personal guess.

The Staff remains in the standing position which reduces their surface area. That makes it difficult for the fans to really blow them upwards. For people who done the ifly, i believe you are instructed to 'fall' into the chamber so you will be more in a lying down position which increases ur surface area for the fans to keep you afloat.

For the demo, the fan speeds are increased mainly to enable the staff to fly much higher and do the stunts they do as you would not want any participants to be able to get that high up into the chamber as the staff is unable to assist. 

I don't really think any weights are involved.

1 hour ago, direptor said:

My personal guess.

The Staff remains in the standing position which reduces their surface area. That makes it difficult for the fans to really blow them upwards. For people who done the ifly, i believe you are instructed to 'fall' into the chamber so you will be more in a lying down position which increases ur surface area for the fans to keep you afloat.

For the demo, the fan speeds are increased mainly to enable the staff to fly much higher and do the stunts they do as you would not want any participants to be able to get that high up into the chamber as the staff is unable to assist. 

I don't really think any weights are involved.

This sounds right.

1 minute ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

Which version of deck plan do you see their disappearance? I still see them on the 2022 version.

Yeah i went to deckplans to see if they were there, but they are no longer listed as individual restaurants on the main dining website for Quantum. Chic and Grande are gone though.

On 2/25/2021 at 12:41 PM, Ethanol95 said:

Ripcord IFly prices also not cheap. 

Screenshot 2021-02-25 at 12.40.21 PM.png

In December we booked once onboard, it was 40 usd per pax. 

I don’t recall the price of the North Star. 

I’m also on this sailing, so on  a side note I’ve been monitoring the following; the deluxe drink package was 54 sgd but went up to 73 sgd.  

The unlimited dining plan was 101sgd and is now 111 sgd. 

7 minutes ago, Sail n Snow said:

In December we booked once onboard, it was 40 usd per pax. 

I don’t recall the price of the North Star. 

I’m also on this sailing, so on  a side note I’ve been monitoring the following; the deluxe drink package was 54 sgd but went up to 73 sgd.  

The unlimited dining plan was 101sgd and is now 111 sgd. 

Hey maybe I'll see you around onboard! Yesterday the UDP was 115SGD. 

2 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

Hey maybe I'll see you around onboard! Yesterday the UDP was 115SGD. 

Yeah I booked it as soon as I saw it was fixed.  I don’t know if you noticed but the app thinks it’s a 15 days cruise.   In the rush to get these sailing on the site I think RC IT took a shortcut and it didn’t work to well.  

2 minutes ago, Sail n Snow said:

Yeah I booked it as soon as I saw it was fixed.  I don’t know if you noticed but the app thinks it’s a 15 days cruise.   In the rush to get these sailing on the site I think RC IT took a shortcut and it didn’t work to well.  

Yeah kinda got me when it said March 22 - April 5th. Have you been checking UDP prices for a while now? Should i get it now? The app is super buggy recently. Can't even see my sailing anymore. Just stuck on the Terms Of Use screen.