Has May Been Cancelled

york survey

Just called Celebrity, as I have a cruise scheduled for Mai 17 from Amsterdam.

In was told official communication is expected within the next days, that all cruises in May will be cancelled

BTW: the cruise shows up in my account, but I am no longer able to check in, change stateroom, etc.

No surprise for me, just wondering about timing

Don't know if its just the UK website playing up again, it's usually pretty  unreliable, but there are no cruises showing available for booking until January 2022

Edit: Ignore the last, its now showing sailings  from June onwards

Edited by bluwes

4 minutes ago, bluwes said:

Don't know if its just the UK website playing up again, it's usually pretty  unreliable, but there are no cruises showing available for booking until January 2022

I still see numerous cruises from Southampton in 2021on the US site.

Just now, ipeeinthepool said:

I still see numerous cruises from Southampton in 2021on the US site.

Yep, as I edited above, now seeing availability myself. I used a another link which brought up a different Homepage. The original only showed dates for 2022. 

22 minutes ago, Texed said:

We just received an email that all cruises on Celebrity are cancelled through May 31st.

I Assume this is because you have a cruise which is now cancelled. Do you mind telling us what options you have been given. Do you still have the option to lift and shift?

13 minutes ago, 39august said:

That appears to mean ANY ship and date. right?

No to any ship and no to any date.  My May 5, 2021 Reflection cruise (British Isles) was cancelled as I expected.  The Lift & Shift option for me is to another European cruise, plus/minus 4 weeks, on a non-Edge class ship.  (If you were on an Edge class cruise that they cancelled, then I imagine it would be any ship, but subject to the similar itinerary and plus/minus 4 weeks rules.)

Here is the email:

Royal Caribbean

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

We are reaching out to provide an update on the status of your 2021 cruise vacation. As the world continues to work towards a new normal, our primary goal continues to be a healthy return to service for our guests, crew and the communities we visit. While working with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other local health and government authorities towards this shared goal, we are evaluating all current itineraries to ensure compliance with the new Conditional Sail Order.  Celebrity Cruises will now be suspending global operations for all sailings departing on or before May 31, 2021.

Unfortunately, this suspension will require cancellation of your upcoming cruise vacation. We apologize for the inconvenience this causes as we value your vacation time and want to ensure you have the best experience possible on a Celebrity cruise. At this time, we would like to offer you the opportunity to be re-accommodated on another Celebrity Cruises vacation or to receive a 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) or a 100% Refund.

From now through March 23, you have the option of keeping your cruise vacation plans to the same destination and rescheduling for next year, aboard Celebrity Constellation, Celebrity Infinity, Celebrity Silhouette or Celebrity Reflection sailing in Europe, for a voyage within four weeks of your originally scheduled departure. Just contact us or your travel partner for details and your reservation will be shifted at the same daily rate including any promotion you currently have on the booking.

If you are unable to rebook by March 23, you will automatically receive a 125% FCC valid for use by April 30, 2022 on sailings departing on or before September 30, 2022. The value of the FCC will be calculated based on the amounts paid toward your cruise and will be processed by April 16, 2021 via email. Cruise taxes and fees will be refunded separately to your original form of payment within 30 days of cancellation. No action is required on your part to receive this FCC.

If you prefer a 100% refund to your original method of payment, as opposed to the FCC, you may contact us anytime up until June 30, 2021. To avoid waiting on the phone to cancel, please contact your travel partner or click here and we will get the process started for you. You can expect to receive a refund within at least 30 days after you submit your request. Cruise taxes and fees will be refunded separately. Please note, if you had already cancelled your sailing by taking advantage of our Cruise With Confidence program, and rebooked a sailing now cancelled by Celebrity Cruises, you will not be eligible to cancel for a refund, however your FCC can be reinstated.

If you choose to accept a Future Cruise Credit, and have pre-booked any shore excursions, beverage, internet, specialty dining or other onboard packages, through Celebrity Cruises, you will have the option of receiving 125% Onboard Credit (OBC) to be used on your next sailing, or you may choose a 100% refund. In order to select the 125% Onboard Credit please click here to submit your request. If we have not received your choice of compensation for these pre-booked items by March 23, these charges will automatically be refunded in full to your original method of payment and will show up as a separate transaction. Guests with independent arrangements should contact their tour operators as soon as possible.

Guests with air travel and hotel booked through Flights by Celebrity will be refunded automatically. You will not need to call in to initiate the process.  Guests with independent air arrangements need to contact their air carriers directly to make all required cancellations.

First and always, please take care of yourselves and your family. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through these unique circumstances. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Celebrity Cruises at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide. We look forward to welcoming you aboard soon for an amazing Celebrity Cruises vacation.

Sincerely,

Celebrity Cruises

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about the cancellations😂, but not unexpected.  We are just holding onto our FCC's until we can see the light at the end of the tunnel.  IMHO we are not there yet... It is looking more promising, but not yet... We would love to cruise as have over 40 under our belts... BUT...

It is not only the cruisers, but the crew and staff members that will need to be vaccinated as well. Additionally, The Ports would have to have some level of vaccination/safeguards in place, as the experts are still unsure if those that have been vaccinated can still spread the virus.

For us -- it is just not worth trying to book something at this point - lifting and shifting; moving and changing --UGH!!  You know the cruise lines are cash strapped and Princess just raised the deposit amounts significantly. I have about 3K outstanding in FCC's with Celebrity and we got back the 10K - all parts incl. air (thank goodness) on a scheduled Iceland trip last year -- not ready to put out any more $$$ at this time.  My advice -- wait and see.... 

Hope to see you all soon...😊🛳️

Edited by neilrr

To avoid numerous threads on the same topic, I'm closing this one.  If you want to further discuss the cancelled cruises in May, let's try to keep the discussion to one thread found here:  

THANKS for understanding!