Final paymant will be due 90 days prior instead of 60. I hope Princess reconsiders this!

CineGraphic

We are booked to sail on July 3rd.

Princess just cancelled a bunch of sailings until June 30th.

June 30th is also the cutoff date for being able to make final payment 60 days prior to sailing, instead of the standard 90 day due date.

My hope is that Princess will extend the final payment due date for those of us who are willing to sail on these 1st cruises, as a lot can change in 30 days.

1468211393_ScreenShot2021-03-10at11_47_50AM.thumb.png.8f6b42ab96abc8cf58d2e6c06324c86f.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm hoping the same for our 10 July 2021 sailing, but I'm prepared to pay the balance on 11 April. If the cruise is subsequently cancelled I will then take the 110% FCC and put it on a September cruise.

Edited by Esprit

I hear you.  It would be terrible to make final payment for the first cruise back.  Pay and then have to wait for a refund or more FCC.  Also not having any idea what the covid protocols will be.  I made the decision last month to not schedule any cruise in 2021.  Will take a couple land vacations.

Edited by franktown
add
  • Like 1

well, these last cancellations by Princess was before the final due date of 60 days ( at least the Caribbean ones ) - so if P does go to 90 days final payment due, hopefully P will still give enough cancellation notice that it is not after that 90 day final

at least right now, we are dormy until 4/2022 - but are semi-considering a Thanksgiving cruise to replace our one that was cancelled ... and maybe a little 5 day at the first of December 2021

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Esprit said:

I'm prepared to pay the balance

We plan on paying ours off as well, but would prefer to do so 60 days prior, not 90.

15 minutes ago, Esprit said:

If the cruise is subsequently cancelled I will then take the 110% FCC and put it on a September cruise.

We have another sailing booked for November with a small balance due, and then 3 more sailings in 2022, so we'll spread out our FCCs if need be.

18 minutes ago, franktown said:

Also not having any idea what the covid protocols will be. 

We're willing to sail, and I hope to be able to film much of what we see/do to give others a good idea of what it's like, so they can decide if post-covid cruising is for them or not.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

We're willing to sail, and I hope to be able to film much of what we see/do to give others a good idea of what it's like, so they can decide if post-covid cruising is for them or not.

Good idea CineGraphic

I was simply going to post on here from the ship and add a few pictures.

• Like 1

Princess /CCL  needs the money is the primary  reason that the final payment date has been  placed at 90 days vs 60 days .Just   imagine what those 30 extra  days mean in financing  in those amounts of cash 

They've extended the 60 days already so I would not be surprised to see it happen again.  They did so informally for some cruises in May and then made the change official through the June cruises.  I would not be surprised to see them doing this informally as the July final payment dates near if they haven't made any strides towards a return to cruising.

1 hour ago, wesport said:

We are on the July 3rd on the Caribbean Princess, and I check daily to see if they have changed the final payment date. So far no change. 

Our TA's due date is usually 7-10 earlier than the actual Princess due date, just in case they have problems processing the payment. Our current due date is 3/25, but our TA said that he would check with Princess before then to see if they will extend it.

Having lost so much money during the pandemic Princess likely knows which is best to generate income. They likely have an algorithm to decide the effects on bookings for 90 or 60 day final payments.

Until cruising resumes it’s highly unlikely that I would make a 90 day final payment.

9 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

We are booked to sail on July 3rd.

Princess just cancelled a bunch of sailings until June 30th.

June 30th is also the cutoff date for being able to make final payment 60 days prior to sailing, instead of the standard 90 day due date.

My hope is that Princess will extend the final payment due date for those of us who are willing to sail on these 1st cruises, as a lot can change in 30 days.

1468211393_ScreenShot2021-03-10at11_47_50AM.thumb.png.8f6b42ab96abc8cf58d2e6c06324c86f.png

We are watching this closely, if he July 3rd cruise is indeed the first cruise, will cancel.