Wow, a travel iron that won't land on the RCI confiscated table!

Amazon suggested this for me based on past purchases, haha.  But this could be a game changer for those that miss having an iron--or try to smuggle one on the ship only to have it confiscated.  I am totally tempted to try it, appears to be a new item with only a couple of reviews.  

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08HKGB43H/ref=crt_ewc_title_dp_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1FASV1IHTFF8Y  

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Langley Cruisers said:

^ Agreed. It functions and looks too much like an iron for them to even consider letting you use it onboard.

Yeah, maybe you're right.  I was thinking if it didn't have an electrical cord, they might let it go.  I'd probably put it in with my phone charger and the USB cords for that.  

Edited by rockmom

26 minutes ago, rockmom said:

Amazon suggested this for me based on past purchases, haha.  But this could be a game changer for those that miss having an iron--or try to smuggle one on the ship only to have it confiscated.  I am totally tempted to try it, appears to be a new item with only a couple of reviews.  

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08HKGB43H/ref=crt_ewc_title_dp_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1FASV1IHTFF8Y  

Why try when you know irons are not allowed? It will likely be confiscated.

In January 2020 we were on Alllure and a member of our group was told to go to the naughty room to retrieve her luggage. They had found a steamer that did not look like a steamer. They are pretty on top of finding steamers and irons. There was a long line of passengers at the naughty room that were caught with prohibeted items. Took about 15 minutes to retrieve here bag.

Edited by Charles4515
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Charles4515 said:

Why try when you know irons are not allowed? It will likely be confiscated.

In January 2020 we were on Alllure and a member of our group was told to go to the naughty room to retrieve her luggage. The had found a steamer that did not look like a steamer. They are pretty on top of finding steamers and irons. There was a long line of passengers at the naughty room that were caught with prohibeted items. 

My point was that this doesn't have a cord that needs to be plugged into an outlet--where it could be left on and forgotten. I know a lot of people want to iron out some wrinkles so thought this might be a viable option for them. Something I'd never seen before.  More and more things are being able to be USB charged versus a traditional electrical cord just like phones and tablets.  

1 minute ago, rockmom said:

My point was that this doesn't have a cord that needs to be plugged into an outlet--where it could be left on and forgotten. I know a lot of people want to iron out some wrinkles so thought this might be a viable option for them. Something I'd never seen before.  More and more things are being able to be USB charged versus a traditional electrical cord just like phones and tablets.  

With or without a cord, it still produces heat. THAT's why it is not allowed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I travel a TON for work when not in a pandemic, I will likely get one of these to see if I like it for those trips. In my experience, irons in hotels are hit and miss, especially outside of the U.S., and this looks to be light and easy to pack. Being wrinkled on a cruise is one thing--and I do use down wrinkle spray with the blow dryer or the steam from the shower which helps.  But if I'm on a business trip, it would be great to have a quick and easy way to look more polished when walking into a meeting. Agree with everyone that yeah, they would see it as a heat source, at first glance I thought it might be feasible.    

7 hours ago, rockmom said:

It looks like a wall phone.