How are the Swans doing 2021

1 minute ago, By The Bay said:

The game is being played on neutral ground due to lockdowns, at Geelong's home ground, Kardinia Park. For what it is worth, the Swans are the bookies favourite. Good luck.

Just now, MicCanberra said:

I am thinking that which ever team shows up will win, both teams have lacked consistency.swans may have the slight edge in betting odds but the Eagles have slightly better form

My guess is the Swans could lose this one. They seem to lose the ones they should win and surprise me against better teams, though not always. I wonder if they play up or down, to the level of their opponent? Is Buddy playing, do we know?

Disappointed the Swans won't be on TV here--and it would have been a great time (9:10 pm). Oh well, as long as they win.

Go Swans!

36 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

Yay. Last I saw, there was a question about his rough play!

35 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

I was not charged.

He was charged by the umpires on the field.

Ended up being fined $2,000 and free to play.

As an update on that which we must not mention — 

all teams have no relocated to Victoria and are under strict protocols.

The league is now trying to juggle games between the 2 grounds in Melbourne  and the abomination in Geelong. 

Some games could be played in Adelaide, but very strict fly-in/fly-out protocols. 

The Tasmanian government has refused some requests down there.

5 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

The league is now trying to juggle games between the 2 grounds in Melbourne  and the abomination in Geelong. 

Some games could be played in Adelaide, but very strict fly-in/fly-out protocols. 

Melbourne are scheduled to play Port Power next Thursday evening in Adelaide.

I don't understand the Tasmanian government's attitude to not allowing teams in to play. As they are pushing to have their own team based down, you would think it would be in their best interests to allow a game or two in either Hobart or Launceston. As you said Adrian, all teams are under strict protocols, so it would appear to be quite safe for Tasmania to allow them in, particularly if they fly in, fly out on the day of the game, like Essendon and Hawthorn did a couple of weeks ago.

13 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

He was charged by the umpires on the field.

Ended up being fined $2,000 and free to play.

Good thing they pay him well 😉

I didn't realize they could be charged on the field, I thought it was all post-game review. Every season I learn more.

13 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

This is really escalating quickly down there, isn't it? Sorry to hear about this step backwards, but you guys got thru it really well  last time so I expect this time will be even better.

2 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

This is really escalating quickly down there, isn't it? Sorry to hear about this step backwards, but you guys got thru it really well  last time so I expect this time will be even better.

image.jpeg.d06b61f500125edc086b049e239cb2f4.jpeg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Melbourne are scheduled to play Port Power next Thursday evening in Adelaide.

I don't understand the Tasmanian government's attitude to not allowing teams in to play. As they are pushing to have their own team based down, you would think it would be in their best interests to allow a game or two in either Hobart or Launceston. As you said Adrian, all teams are under strict protocols, so it would appear to be quite safe for Tasmania to allow them in, particularly if they fly in, fly out on the day of the game, like Essendon and Hawthorn did a couple of weeks ago.

It does seem weird, especially if they are wanting a team. Have they offered any explanation? 

It does seem weird, especially if they are wanting a team. Have they offered any explanation? 

To protect the people of their state would be the reason I think. Tasmania has not had a community case for 12 months. 

1 minute ago, possum52 said:

To protect the people of their state would be the reason I think. Tasmania has not had a community case for 12 months. 

Wow, good for them. I can see why they might be reluctant to let others in. How are they doing on vaccinations?

3 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

Wow, good for them. I can see why they might be reluctant to let others in. How are they doing on vaccinations?

Vacciantions are a little higher than the of the rest of Australia - 38.7% of thoae aged 16+ have had their 1st vaccination and 12.8% have had both. 

8 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Vacciantions are a little higher than the of the rest of Australia - 38.7% of thoae aged 16+ have had their 1st vaccination and 12.8% have had both. 

Well, at least they are on the path. Maybe not a big concern if their cases are so low?

18 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

Well, at least they are on the path. Maybe not a big concern if their cases are so low?

True, but if Tasmanian residents like all Australians want to travel and not have lockdowns and border closures, all those eligible need to be vaccinated.

4 minutes ago, possum52 said:

True, but if Tasmanian residents like all Australians want to travel and not have lockdowns and border closures, all those eligible need to be vaccinated.

Completely agree. I have read Australia has had some trouble with vax supplies--trying to make it inside the country, I think? Any timetable on when they will get up to speed?

Completely agree. I have read Australia has had some trouble with vax supplies--trying to make it inside the country, I think? Any timetable on when they will get up to speed?

One of Australia's top doctors has said it's "very realistic" that everyone who wants to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 could have both their jabs by the end of the year. Source: AMA President Dr Omar Khorshid

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

One of Australia's top doctors has said it's "very realistic" that everyone who wants to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 could have both their jabs by the end of the year. Source: AMA President Dr Omar Khorshid

I think it will depend on whether the supplies of Pfizer and Moderna vaccines arrive in time and of course the distribution of them. All I have heard is that they will arrive in the second half of the year.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, possum52 said:

I think it will depend on whether the supplies of Pfizer and Moderna vaccines arrive in time and of course the distribution of them. All I have heard is that they will arrive in the second half of the year.

I heard on the radio this morning the Moderna will be here in September.

I think the first move is to allow fully vaccinated to be exempt from lockdown and boarder closure but with regular tests.

There’s already counties that Australians can go to without quarantine.

At the moment we can’t leave and there’s a quarantine on returning.

A week home quarantine would be OK on returning if you’re fully vaccinated.

• Like 2

I wish you all the best of luck in procuring the vaccine, from wherever, and then getting everyone jabbed. We haven't done as well as we hoped here, but we have gotten a lot of people jabbed and cases and deaths are coming down. The Pfizer, Moderna, and J&J vax all seem to do a decent job of fighting the Delta variant and today I read that J&J provides at least 8 months protection against the delta variant.

Not sure how it is down under but here it is a question of politics/geographic location. Red states are not doing as well as blue. But I think you folks are smarter than us.

My advice (and we finished our vax in early February)--as soon as you can, get the jab. The benefits far outweigh any risks, except for the most medically vulnerable. And after you're done, you can go out and live like we used to, no worries. It was really comforting to know we were protected after we got our jabs 🙂

Go Swans!

Edited by NoWhiners
add info
  • Like 1