How are the Swans doing 2021

Fifteen players from the Sydney Swans and Greater Western Giants sides were sidelined from Sunday’s Sydney derby after attending the Wallabies vs. France Test in Melbourne on Tuesday night.

The site has been reclassified as a Tier 2 site after six Swans players and staff as well as nine Giants players and staff entered via Gate 7, which had a confirmed positive case in the same bay.

Fox Footy’s Tom Morris confirmed that Toby Greene, Matt De Boer, Kieren Briggs and Jake Stein are the four Giants players unable to play in the Sydney Derby, although the latter two weren’t in the named side.

Callum Mills, Harry Cunningham and Colin O’Riordan were out for the Swans.

Wow! I turned my back to go over to dinner at some friends' house and come back to read all this. What a storyline--covid strikes, another Swans win, and Buddy comes to life.

I hope all the players and staff are OK and don't end up with any long-term medical issues. And that Australia gets thru this soon.

Go Swans!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

Wow! I turned my back to go over to dinner at some friends' house and come back to read all this. What a storyline--covid strikes, another Swans win, and Buddy comes to life.

I hope all the players and staff are OK and don't end up with any long-term medical issues. And that Australia gets thru this soon.

Go Swans!

Hope you can see the video. It's the team song after the game - normally only the players sing the song in the circle but nearly everybody was included last night. Shows how much the win means to players, coaches and staff after the dramatic start to the game. They had to ring players who were at the team hotel and get them to hustle over to the ground asap. It was about an hour before bounce when this happened. 

https://www.sydneyswans.com.au/video/982603/team-song-sydney-swans?videoId=982603&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1626605934001

Cruisegroover

Thank you for posting this. I was able to watch it. Quite fun and inspiring. Happy to hear (and see) that the Swans really do care and are working together to build success. I hope I get to see one of their games on TV here again sometime 🙂

Go Swans!

• Like 2

Another week, another no Swans on TV here. I hope to see them play again someday but I might have to go back to Sydney to do it 😁

Swans should beat the Dockers...right??? Any news on players who can't go due to covid?

I will just have to depend on the news here to see how the Swans do.

Go Swans!

24 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

Swans should beat the Dockers...right??? Any news on players who can't go due to covid?

Betting has Swans winning but footy is fickle as we all know. Dockers won by 2 in Perth in May. Game is on the Gold Coast now so neutral territory.

The players families are now in Queensland undergoing 2 week mandatory quarantine before reuniting with the  players. 

Here is a link to Callum Mills' thoughts on the COVID events

https://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/984646/mills-we-were-shocked

4 minutes ago, Cruisegroover said:

Betting has Swans winning but footy is fickle as we all know. Dockers won by 2 in Perth in May. Game is on the Gold Coast now so neutral territory.

The players families are now in Queensland undergoing 2 week mandatory quarantine before reuniting with the  players. 

Here is a link to Callum Mills' thoughts on the COVID events

https://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/984646/mills-we-were-shocked

Thanks for the link Cruisegroover, that was a good read.

“It was pretty stressful..." Indeed. I was stressed and I didn't even test positive.😁 You have to admit, you get more than the ticket price with the Swans--lots of drama and intrigue, all thrown in for no additional charge!

Go Swans!

• Like 1

Just now, NoWhiners said:

Hi Leigh

I saw your first email and was depressed. As I logged in, I saw your 2nd, which was way better.

Hoping the Swans hold on...

Go Swans!

I do too ML. Just heard Buddy could be in trouble as he elbowed a Fremantle player in the head. Not watching the game, we are watching Olympic Games. 

4 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Hope we can knock off the US in that game

Right back atcha Mic 😉

There's hope--Sweden made us look really bad and the Kiwis scored more than they should have.

Go USA!

Edited by NoWhiners
add info

Buddy has been involved in 2 incidents. Both will receive a lot of scrutiny from the review officer. Should have a holiday. 
The elbow was the second incident. Look nasty.

First he came in from behind and lined up a player stretched up for a mark. Solid hit to the head.

Both videos are on https://www.afl.com.au

Look for the heading referring to Bud, Buddy, or Franklin.