How are the Swans doing 2021

Swans last home and away game is against Gold Coast Suns next weekend. Time and location TBC. 

Finals start after that. Unsure of which weekend. For the last few seasons there has been a bye week before the finals, with a lot of talk of it being scrapped this year.

On 8/17/2021 at 5:58 AM, Docker123 said:

Latest version of the weekend’s schedule shows the Satan’s playing Gold Coast in Melbourne at 1.45pm Saturday. 

My time machine claims that is 9.45pm Friday in New Mexico.

Satans, heh heh, good one. Your time machine is indeed correct. And, hard as it is to believe, I will get to watch the game!!

Been a tough week for me. Started it out sick as a dog, maybe from something I ate. Then yesterday, jumped out of bed ready to go play golf only to discover that my right leg was numb and something was wrong with my back. All of this is my long way of explaining why I didn't respond sooner. All is well now. Still a mystery what happened to my back. Who knew sleeping could take so much out of me 😁

Go Swans!

• Like 1

OK mates, I can't take it anymore. I can't figure out what a "disposal" is?  Who can help me out? A beer to the first response!

Yes, I can google it, but I'd rather have one of you set me straight.

Edited by NoWhiners
add info

3 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

OK mates, I can't take it anymore. I can't figure out what a "disposal" is?  Who can help me out? A beer to the first response!

A disposal is when a player takes possession of the football and either kicks or handballs it. For example at this stage Buddy has had 5 disposals - 4 kicks and 1 handball.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

At its simplest, disposal means a player with the ball gets rid of it.

Legal disposals are a kick, or a handball.

Illegal disposals are dropping it when tackled, or throwing it.

If the commentators or graphics mention disposals, they are legal one.

27 minutes ago, possum52 said:

A disposal is when a player takes possession of the football and either kicks or handballs it. For example at this stage Buddy has had 5 disposals - 4 kicks and 1 handball.

26 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

At its simplest, disposal means a player with the ball gets rid of it.

Legal disposals are a kick, or a handball.

Illegal disposals are dropping it when tackled, or throwing it.

If the commentators or graphics mention disposals, they are legal one.

Now I see. It was too simple (player with the ball gets rid of it aka changes possession). That was too easy for my over-thinking brain.

Possum gets the beer, but I am happy to buy Docker one as well, for past help!

And, no kidding, I am thinking we need to go back Down Under, someday when covid is in our rear view mirrors. Found some nice cruises I'd like to try...

Go Swans!

PS: Swans game is a bit of a yawner at this point. I may go to bed and risk being disappointed in the am.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

Now I see. It was too simple (player with the ball gets rid of it aka changes possession). That was too easy for my over-thinking brain.

Possum gets the beer, but I am happy to buy Docker one as well, for past help!

And, no kidding, I am thinking we need to go back Down Under, someday when covid is in our rear view mirrors. Found some nice cruises I'd like to try...

Go Swans!

PS: Swans game is a bit of a yawner at this point. I may go to bed and risk being disappointed in the am.

Just came in and put the game on, we can post the progressive scores, if you want to go to bed.

Just now, MicCanberra said:

Just came in and put the game on, we can post the progressive scores, if you want to go to bed.

At this time, we are good. May move inside (we are out on the deck right now). Maybe if someone could post the final, that would be good. I am going to try and stay awake until the end!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

Ok, but how else could you get rid of a ball??? Asking for a friend 😉

The dropping the ball only applies if the player is tackled. Just slipping out of your hands, bouncing it on the run and being unable to recover the ball, getting it stripped or knocked out of your hands.

You may not hand it to a team mate, or have a team mate strip it from your grasp.

As Mic said, you can be bumped and have it jarred free.

A falcon does not count because the player does not have possession.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

The dropping the ball only applies if the player is tackled. Just slipping out of your hands, bouncing it on the run and being unable to recover the ball, getting it stripped or knocked out of your hands.

You may not hand it to a team mate, or have a team mate strip it from your grasp.

As Mic said, you can be bumped and have it jarred free.

A falcon does not count because the player does not have possession.

OMG, this seems so complex. I will assume if a player doesn't hit or kick a ball forward, it is illegal. But what about a pass?? They have those, right??