How are the Swans doing 2021

33 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Yes, and they have lost Toby who leads from the front, so not likely

It is his front that has got him banned, after he internally shirt-fronted the umpire. 3 games handed down by the tribunal, and the AFL is appealing. Likely to get it extended to 6 games. Not a good look for the game. I hope the kiddies don't copy him in the junior leagues.😉

AFL 2021: Tribunal hears Toby Greene evidence in umpire charge

1 hour ago, NoWhiners said:

Does this mean the Gf is 2 weeks away??

The 2021 Toyota AFL Grand Final is scheduled for Saturday, September 25, 2021. They will be having a week off, the weekend of 18-19 September. The teams need at least 2 weeks quarantine in WA before the GF.

35 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

The 2021 Toyota AFL Grand Final is scheduled for Saturday, September 25, 2021. They will be having a week off, the weekend of 18-19 September. The teams need at least 2 weeks quarantine in WA before the GF.

Cheers, I was wondering how they were  going to handle that with WA's restrictions

2 hours ago, By The Bay said:

Melbourne and Geelong have already been in Perth for a week or so and Geelong played Friday night without quaranting for the full 14 days. 

Edited by possum52

6 hours ago, By The Bay said:

Fingers crossed we get to see it. That is early American football season and Ryder Cup weekend. But, for the GF, we could get to see it.

If I recall correctly, the game is played late afternoon/evening? Sometimes that helps for us getting to see it.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

Fingers crossed we get to see it. That is early American football season and Ryder Cup weekend. But, for the GF, we could get to see it.

If I recall correctly, the game is played late afternoon/evening? Sometimes that helps for us getting to see it.

The AFL grand final will be broadcast at nighttime in Victoria for the second year in a row, with league executives agreeing the bounce will take place some time between 7pm and 7.20pm AEST.

11 hours ago, By The Bay said:

The AFL grand final will be broadcast at nighttime in Victoria for the second year in a row, with league executives agreeing the bounce will take place some time between 7pm and 7.20pm AEST.

Hmm, maybe if I really plan I can catch it--if it's on. It has been the last 2 years. If my math is right, that's about 3 am MT in the US.

16 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

Hmm, maybe if I really plan I can catch it--if it's on. It has been the last 2 years. If my math is right, that's about 3 am MT in the US.

Yes your maths is correct, the GF will commence at 3.15 am your time.

Edited by possum52

1 hour ago, possum52 said:

Yes your maths is correct, the GF will commence at 3.15 am your time.

Hi Leigh

I was hoping I was wrong. Thanks for confirming. Who do you think will get through to the GF? And who will you barrack for? I'll need to pick a team, probably whichever is the underdog 😉

ML

10 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

Hi Leigh

I was hoping I was wrong. Thanks for confirming. Who do you think will get through to the GF? And who will you barrack for? I'll need to pick a team, probably whichever is the underdog 😉

ML

The sentimental favourite is Melbourne. They will have to beat Geelong to get to the GF. My prediction is a Geelong v's Western Bulldogs GF, with Geelong the winner. 🤞

5 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Currently, Melbourne $1.47, are favourites over Geelong $2.70,

Port $1.42 are favourites over Western bulldogs $2.90.

To win the Grand final, Melbourne are $2.60, Port $3.00, Cats $5.00 and Dogs are $6.20

The bookies got it wrong, with the Dogs winning on Saturday. Geelong was 44 points up against the Demon's in round 23 before loosing. They won't let that happen again.

8 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Currently, Melbourne $1.47, are favourites over Geelong $2.70,

Port $1.42 are favourites over Western bulldogs $2.90.

To win the Grand final, Melbourne are $2.60, Port $3.00, Cats $5.00 and Dogs are $6.20

Hmmm, those are interesting money lines. Looks like a tough road for the Dogs.

Just now, By The Bay said:

The bookies got it wrong, with the Dogs winning on Saturday. Geelong was 44 points up against the Demon's in round 23 before loosing. They won't let that happen again.

Interesting. Bookies are usually pretty good. Of course, their goal is to get people to bet, not really concern themselves with who wins. Maybe that's why they got the Dogs game wrong--cut it too close to bring more bets in??

17 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

Hmmm, those are interesting money lines. Looks like a tough road for the Dogs.

They breed them tough out in the Western Suburbs. FYI, they come from the wrong side of the river, the Yarra river. The silver tails live in the Eastern Suburbs.😜

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

Hi Leigh

ML

As you have probably guessed ML, all my family will be barracking for Melbourne, including those who usually barrack for Essendon and Brisbane. Melbourne haven't won a premiership since 1964 so I think they will be the sentimental favourites. But of course they have to get past Geelong on Friday night to even make it to the GF. Fingers crossed they do. I would think that Port will beat the Bulldogs but if it happens to be wet, the Bulldogs will probably do ok. 

On 9/8/2021 at 9:27 AM, By The Bay said:

They breed them tough out in the Western Suburbs. FYI, they come from the wrong side of the river, the Yarra river. The silver tails live in the Eastern Suburbs.😜

All the AFL teams in Victoria are on the same side of the Yarra except St Kilda. 😀

Edited by possum52