How are the Swans doing 2021

wow!

Enormous defensive effort by the Giants in the last 10 minutes. Short last quarter.

Hold on to beat Swans by 1 point.

Buddy hung the ball out to the right with 2 minutes to go. Such a gettable goal, but…

Giants 74: Swans 73.

Edited by Docker123

6 minutes ago, Pean said:

Fantastic game. Will be interesting to see if Greene plays next week though 

Utterly dumb thing to do. Should be weeks.

Stoppage in play, Greene had something to say. Then walked in and bumped shoulders with the umpire. Nothing hard, but deliberate.

Dumb.

7 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Giants win by 1 point, 74 to 73. Great game.

7 hours ago, Docker123 said:

wow!

Enormous defensive effort by the Giants in the last 10 minutes. Short last quarter.

Hold on to beat Swans by 1 point.

Buddy hung the ball out to the right with 2 minutes to go. Such a gettable goal, but…

Giants 74: Swans 73.

It was a great, but disappointing, game. Sort of summarized the Swans season--win some close games, lose some they shouldn't. My fav play was the 2 goals that hit the post. Pretty accurate shooting, that 😁  I wonder if they practiced it???

I am hoping we get to see more of the playoffs but the TV coverage here is a little unpredictable. Especially now that American football is about to start.

Go Swans (2022)!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

Mic

What time of year were you there? We picked June because I read the water was a little warmer then.

Early March 2014, the water temps were fine, and no need for wet suit's or even spring suits, although some areas were a bit cooler due to stronger currents from the south. But nothing that was chilly, 

6 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

It was a great, but disappointing, game. Sort of summarized the Swans season--win some close games, lose some they shouldn't. My fav play was the 2 goals that hit the post. Pretty accurate shooting, that 😁  I wonder if they practiced it???

I am hoping we get to see more of the playoffs but the TV coverage here is a little unpredictable. Especially now that American football is about to start.

Go Swans (2022)!

Yes, they had 6 attempts to take the lead in the last 5 and only managed points instead of goals. That is what pressure can do.

Some happy folk in my family and some not so happy with the Dees beating the Lions by 33 points last night. I must say I am excited but also nervous with the Bombers playing the Bulldogs this afternoon. Hopefully a win for my Bombers.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

Go Swans (2022)!

Yes, go Swans 2022.

BTW have you ever attempted to explain this game to you compatriots?

3 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Early March 2014, the water temps were fine, and no need for wet suit's or even spring suits, although some areas were a bit cooler due to stronger currents from the south. But nothing that was chilly, 

That's interesting. Everything I've read says wet suits are necessary. I guess we'll give it a go and see what happens. I would rather not have to deal with getting in and out of a wetsuit.

3 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Yes, they had 6 attempts to take the lead in the last 5 and only managed points instead of goals. That is what pressure can do.

Yeah, pressure that's what it is. Not old age, lack of skill, only playing about half a game. Pressure.

1 hour ago, possum52 said:

Some happy folk in my family and some not so happy with the Dees beating the Lions by 33 points last night. I must say I am excited but also nervous with the Bombers playing the Bulldogs this afternoon. Hopefully a win for my Bombers.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for the Bombers.

I just checked--game will be on TV tonight. I'll try and watch but I stayed up late last night to watch the Swans. May not have another late night in me!

Edited by NoWhiners
add info
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Yes, go Swans 2022.

BTW have you ever attempted to explain this game to you compatriots?

Never. I don't think many of them even know about AFL, except the 2 people we travelled with down under. They went to the swans game with us and when I try to talk about the Swans, they act all uninterested. Go figure 😉

But thanks for asking!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

Never. I don't think many of them even know about AFL, except the 2 people we travelled with down under. They went to the swans game with us and when I try to talk about the Swans, they act all uninterested. Go figure 😉

But thanks for asking!

I have a mate in Buffalo who knows more about the game than most Aussies, he has never seen it live only on TV, silly enough to follow the Lions but.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

I have a mate in Buffalo who knows more about the game than most Aussies, he has never seen it live only on TV, silly enough to follow the Lions but.

How could he never have seen it live on TV in Buffalo? I live in Albuquerque, much less access to good TV and I get to see some games??

I envy his knowledge. I am trying to learn more but there's a lot. I learned US football by watching on TV, but I don't get to see enough AFL games. Plus, those funny accents 😁

28 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

How could he never have seen it live on TV in Buffalo? I live in Albuquerque, much less access to good TV and I get to see some games??

I envy his knowledge. I am trying to learn more but there's a lot. I learned US football by watching on TV, but I don't get to see enough AFL games. Plus, those funny accents 😁

Sees it on TV, but you’ve been to a live game, he hasn’t. I’m not a big AFL fan, but if he ever gets down under I plan to take him to a live game. Ugliest bugger you’ve ever seen, even his mum says we could pass as brothers. Not so much now I’ve shaved and my hair is short but when we sported similar hair and beard…image.png.beef5cef8875db8e06fa52ad76ad7ad1.png

th.jpg.2932cc9b4e9f06d16151d207d369ccff.jpg

2 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Sees it on TV, but you’ve been to a live game, he hasn’t. I’m not a big AFL fan, but if he ever gets down under I plan to take him to a live game. Ugliest bugger you’ve ever seen, even his mum says we could pass as brothers. Not so much now I’ve shaved and my hair is short but when we sported similar hair and beard…image.png.beef5cef8875db8e06fa52ad76ad7ad1.png

Is that a Selfie Mr GUT? 🤣

Edited by NSWP

1 minute ago, GUT2407 said:

Sees it on TV, but you’ve been to a live game, he hasn’t. I’m not a big AFL fan, but if he ever gets down under I plan to take him to a live game. Ugliest bugger you’ve ever seen, even his mum says we could pass as brothers. Not so much now I’ve shaved and my hair is short but when we sported similar hair and beard…

Well, we just have to bring his mum along so she can spot both of you!

It was great seeing a live game. I wish I understood as much then as I do now. The beer was good!